Windows 10: Can't tuning network communication between host and target Windows machines

Discus and support Can't tuning network communication between host and target Windows machines in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My goal is tuning the connection between my host machine with Windows 10 and my target or guest machine inside Virtual Box with Windows 10 too (is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SergeyOrl, Aug 18, 2019.

1. SergeyOrl Win User

Can't tuning network communication between host and target Windows machines

My goal is tuning the connection between my host machine with Windows 10 and

my target or guest machine inside Virtual Box with Windows 10 too (is downloaded from microsoft resource).

Both Windows 10 are inside my notebook with internet connection through Wi-Fi. I have no physical ethernet connection.

I want to use guest for windows kernel debugging, so I try to turn connection via ping at first.

ipconfig inside the host machine gives me:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Users\sergorl>ipconfig

Настройка протокола IP для Windows

Адаптер Ethernet Ethernet:

Состояние среды. . . . . . . . : Среда передачи недоступна.

DNS-суффикс подключения . . . . . :

Адаптер Ethernet VirtualBox Host-Only Network:

Локальный IPv6-адрес канала . . . : some MAC

Автонастройка IPv4-адреса . . . . : 169.254.247.17

Маска подсети . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0

Основной шлюз. . . . . . . . . :

Адаптер беспроводной локальной сети Подключение по локальной сети* 1:

Адаптер беспроводной локальной сети Подключение по локальной сети* 2:

Адаптер беспроводной локальной сети Беспроводная сеть:

Локальный IPv6-адрес канала . . . : some MAC

IPv4-адрес. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.81

Маска подсети . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Основной шлюз. . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Адаптер Ethernet Сетевое подключение Bluetooth:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, I don't know how to change on english output of ping.

ipconfig inside guest virtual windows 10 gives me:

C:\Users\User>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 3:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::4d88:568c:aa97:2b42%13

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.43.66

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

In network settings inside virtual image for guest I choose "Network bridge".

My main question: what should I do to tuning ping between host and target machine?

I tryed my own approach, but failed... I thought the way:

IpGuest = 169.254.43.66, IpHost = 169.254.247.17

ping host from guest gives me:

Reply from IpGuest: Destination host unreachable.

and ping guest from host gives me the next info:

Reply from IpHost: Destination host unreachable.

:)

SergeyOrl, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Hotspot not working error HOSTED NETWORK SUPPORT:NO

Hi Phani,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the link below suggested by JayCap on November 19, 2015
    and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Hosted Network Supported: No after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Don't allow hyper-v container to access host's network

There are three types of virtual network which can be created: External, Internal and Private. Two of the virtual network types can connect to the external network, but they can all connect to the network where the host is located. They are External and Internal.

External

External virtual networks are used where you want to allow communications between

• Virtual machine to virtual machine on the same physical server
    • Virtual machine to parent partition (and vice-versa)
    • Virtual machine to externally located servers (and vice-versa)
    • (Optional) Parent partition to externally located servers (and vice-versa)

Internal

Internal virtual networks are used where you want to allow communications between

• Virtual machine to parent partition (and vice-versa)

Private

Private virtual networks are used where you want to allow communications between

For details about virtual network types we can refer the following articles:

Hyper-V: What are the uses for different types of virtual networks?

Step by Step Guide to Configure Windows Hyper-V Virtual Network

Daisy Zhou, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Network drives not reconnecting after October Windows 10 update

Hi Larry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

Are the computers on domain?

I suggest you to try with the steps mentioned below.

Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together on one of the Windows 10 machines.

Find each of the services in the list below. On each service, right-click, select Properties, and set Startup type to Automatic (Delayed start), then click Apply and OK.

• Function Discovery Provider Host (FDPHost).
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication (FDResPub).
    • Network Connections (NetMan).
    • UPnP Device Host (UPnPHost).
    • Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRPSvc).
    • Peer Networking Grouping (P2PSvc).
    • Peer Networking Identity Manager (P2PIMSvc).
    • Also make sure that TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service is enabled.
    • Reboot the computers and see if the devices are visible.

Also ensure that TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service is enabled.

Repeat the process for all Windows 10 machines.
    Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't tuning network communication between host and target Windows machines - Similar Threads - Can't tuning network

2. Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines: I am familiar with Windows networking from Domain management and have no problem setting things up at the user or group level with custom permissions. My problem is the reverse of this. I don't seem to be able to have a folder be automatically open to everyone on the LAN...
  3. Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines: I am familiar with Windows networking from Domain management and have no problem setting things up at the user or group level with custom permissions. My problem is the reverse of this. I don't seem to be able to have a folder be automatically open to everyone on the LAN...
  4. Can't communicate bidirectionally over the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't communicate bidirectionally over the network: I hope one of you geniuses can figure out the problem that I have been struggling with. I have searched high and low on the internet for a solution but have yet to find one that works.I have computer A which is a desktop running Windows 11 Home version 22H2 and computer B...
  5. Can't communicate bidirectionally over the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't communicate bidirectionally over the network: I hope one of you geniuses can figure out the problem that I have been struggling with. I have searched high and low on the internet for a solution but have yet to find one that works.I have computer A which is a desktop running Windows 11 Home version 22H2 and computer B...
  6. Why can't the virtual machine access the host's network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't the virtual machine access the host's network folder: Hello,I use hyper-v generation 2 virtual machine.I set two virtual machines and one host machine.Now, this two virtual machines can communicate with each other through Network to shared folders and the host machine can open shared folders through Network. But two Virtual...
  7. How to transfer files between Virtual Machine and Host Computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to transfer files between Virtual Machine and Host Computer: When you run a Virtual Machine, many times you require to transfer files between your host computer and the VM. But many users reported that they are unable to do this. This article guides you on how to transfer files between a Virtual Machine and a host computer. [ATTACH]...
  8. communicate between windows 10 and windows xp via network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    communicate between windows 10 and windows xp via network: after each update in windows10 I lose the mapping to a machine with windows xpI get to run command in net use and disassemble the mapping and it often takes 20-30 minutes before the computer releases the mapping in the explorer that does not workafter that I can reconnect...
  9. Firewall between host and Hypervisor manager virtual machine.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firewall between host and Hypervisor manager virtual machine.: I have created a virtual machine. I would like to protect my computer the host from any malicious programs on the virtual machine viruses or other malware. How would I go about doing this? Do I need to make new rules against Hypervisor manager in the firewall settings? can I...
  10. Problems occurred between the communication of the hard disk and the host

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems occurred between the communication of the hard disk and the host: Problems occurred between the communication of the hard disk and the host Only 2tb drives have this issue, 3tb and up do not. Win10 pro 64x...