Windows 10: Can't turn internet explorer back on?

Discus and support Can't turn internet explorer back on? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled windows 10 and I turned off IE in windows features, however I noticed I started getting alot of these errors... Event ID 1019... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Karizma, May 10, 2017.

1. Karizma Win User

Can't turn internet explorer back on?

I recently reinstalled windows 10 and I turned off IE in windows features, however I noticed I started getting alot of these errors...

Event ID 1019 Windows Search Service failed to process the list of included and excluded locations with the error <30, 0x80040d07, "iehistory://{S-1-5-21-463079963-2621529408-833328100-1001}/">.

Event ID 3037 Crawl could not be started on content source <iehistory://{S-1-5-21-463079963-2621529408-833328100-1001}/>.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
    The specified address was excluded from the index. The site path rules may have to be modified to include this address. (HRESULT : 0x80040d07) (0x80040d07)

Event ID 3023 The update cannot be started because all of the content sources were excluded by site path rules, or removed from the index configuration.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
    (HRESULT : 0x1) (0x00000001)

So I took a guess because it kept saying IEhistory in the errors that it had to do with internet explorer, so when I went back to windows features and reenabled it back and did the reboot it asked it ended up not coming back.

Now when I go to features it isn't checked and when I do check and hit ok I don't get asked to reboot and when I go back into features it shows it being unchecked still again.

:)

Karizma, May 10, 2017

2. Internet Explorer 11 randomly blocks all pop-ups with pop-up blocker turned off

I'm having a problem with Internet Explorer version 11.0.56 on Windows 10. Randomly, it will start blocking all pop-ups, even its own settings page, but the pop-up blocker is turned off. Restarting Internet Explorer will fix the issue for a little while,
    but it always comes back.

I'd like to roll back Internet Explorer to a previous update version, but I can't figure out what update to uninstall.

Julie Brown (Julie.Brown), May 10, 2017
  3. Cannot activate Internet Explorer after the KB4025342 update

Yesterday KB4025342 was installed on my computer.

My Internet Explorer was gone after that.

I couldn't find Internet Explorer by searching for it.

Then I tried to turn on Internet Explorer 11 via Control Panel --> Programs and Features -->Turn Windopws Features on and off --> Checked Internet Explorer 11 and the clicked OK.

That didn't work.

Then I once more followed this route: Control Panel --> Programs and Features -->Turn Windopws Features on and off.

Internet Explorer was no longer marked.

Please let me know how to get Internet Explorer back again.

Erik BirchAndersen, May 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Just considering the windows search related error message: you could have gone to Indexing Options, and removed IE history from the list of locations to be indexed.

As to your IE problem - do you have a system restore point prior to this you can use?

dalchina, May 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't turn internet explorer back on? - Similar Threads - Can't turn internet

2. Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer: I use Internet Explorer and use Yahoo Mail for internet. Is there a new or better version? I cannot forward attachments and it's just acting very strange. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer/54eea1ef-e4d4-43d1-a9d5-5597a9c8747e
  3. Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on: It is running windows 10, and is a lenovo ideapad330. When i am connected to a wifi connection and close my laptop, turn it off, or it goes to sleep, once it is turned back on, it won't connect to the same wifi connection that it was previously connected to. I am unsure if...
  4. Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.: Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender/13a2ef85-05bd-4bef-8c77-923e1e371852
  5. Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...): I believe I inadvertently switched off Smartscreen during setup so now, each time I try to install something, Windows says Smartscreen can't be reached right now. It's NOT my internet connection. Can someone help? 116595
  6. Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...)

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...): I believe I inadvertently switched off Smartscreen during setup so now, each time I try to install something, Windows says Smartscreen can't be reached right now. It's NOT my internet connection. Can someone help? 116595
  7. Bluetooth switched off, can't seem to turn it back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth switched off, can't seem to turn it back on: Under settings, Devices, my connected Bluetooth devices are shown as Bluetooth switched off, but there is no toggle to turn it back on. Please help...
  8. I can't open Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    I can't open Internet Explorer: No matter what I do, including clicking on the IE shortcut, I get taken to MSN. 114981
  9. How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?: Edge is nice, but: 1) It's not touch friendly 2) It makes my fan spin up really loud 3) It makes my computer really really hot 4) Substantially reduces my battery life I have a i5 Surface Pro 3, and with Windows 8.1, it very rarely used to spin up the fan. Now, it...
  10. Internet Explorer 11 "This page can't be displayed"

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 "This page can't be displayed": Hi all, I cant seem to gain access to the internet using IE11. Using Edge/Firefox/Chrome is fine, but using IE doesn't work. I have checked to make sure its not got any proxy setting configured (as its my home machine) Other than that I am out of ideas. Any help...