Windows 10: Can't turn internet explorer back on?

Discus and support Can't turn internet explorer back on? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled windows 10 and I turned off IE in windows features, however I noticed I started getting alot of these errors... Event ID 1019... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Karizma, May 10, 2017.

1. Karizma Win User

Can't turn internet explorer back on?

I recently reinstalled windows 10 and I turned off IE in windows features, however I noticed I started getting alot of these errors...

Event ID 1019 Windows Search Service failed to process the list of included and excluded locations with the error <30, 0x80040d07, "iehistory://{S-1-5-21-463079963-2621529408-833328100-1001}/">.

Event ID 3037 Crawl could not be started on content source <iehistory://{S-1-5-21-463079963-2621529408-833328100-1001}/>.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
    The specified address was excluded from the index. The site path rules may have to be modified to include this address. (HRESULT : 0x80040d07) (0x80040d07)

Event ID 3023 The update cannot be started because all of the content sources were excluded by site path rules, or removed from the index configuration.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
    (HRESULT : 0x1) (0x00000001)

So I took a guess because it kept saying IEhistory in the errors that it had to do with internet explorer, so when I went back to windows features and reenabled it back and did the reboot it asked it ended up not coming back.

Now when I go to features it isn't checked and when I do check and hit ok I don't get asked to reboot and when I go back into features it shows it being unchecked still again.

:)

Karizma, May 10, 2017

2. Internet Explorer 11 randomly blocks all pop-ups with pop-up blocker turned off

I'm having a problem with Internet Explorer version 11.0.56 on Windows 10. Randomly, it will start blocking all pop-ups, even its own settings page, but the pop-up blocker is turned off. Restarting Internet Explorer will fix the issue for a little while,
    but it always comes back.

I'd like to roll back Internet Explorer to a previous update version, but I can't figure out what update to uninstall.

Julie Brown (Julie.Brown), May 10, 2017
  3. Cannot activate Internet Explorer after the KB4025342 update

Yesterday KB4025342 was installed on my computer.

My Internet Explorer was gone after that.

I couldn't find Internet Explorer by searching for it.

Then I tried to turn on Internet Explorer 11 via Control Panel --> Programs and Features -->Turn Windopws Features on and off --> Checked Internet Explorer 11 and the clicked OK.

That didn't work.

Then I once more followed this route: Control Panel --> Programs and Features -->Turn Windopws Features on and off.

Internet Explorer was no longer marked.

Please let me know how to get Internet Explorer back again.

Erik BirchAndersen, May 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Just considering the windows search related error message: you could have gone to Indexing Options, and removed IE history from the list of locations to be indexed.

As to your IE problem - do you have a system restore point prior to this you can use?

dalchina, May 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't turn internet explorer back on? - Similar Threads - Can't turn internet

2. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on: My Bluetooth drivers keep randomly turning off. When this happens, the drivers are listed as hidden and DriverEasy considers the Intel Bluetooth driver "unplugged." The only way to reliably turn it back on is to unplug my pc, wait about 15 minutes and plug it back in. How can...
  3. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on: My Bluetooth drivers keep randomly turning off. When this happens, the drivers are listed as hidden and DriverEasy considers the Intel Bluetooth driver "unplugged." The only way to reliably turn it back on is to unplug my pc, wait about 15 minutes and plug it back in. How can...
  4. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to turn the notification back on for "Windows Explorer"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn the notification back on for "Windows Explorer"?: Hello,I had the notification setting off for "Windows Explorer", since I kept getting message of an USB device that was not recognized. The way how I turned it off was to click on the upper-right button of the notification messaged and that led to me the screen where I could...
  6. How to turn the notification back on for "Windows Explorer"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn the notification back on for "Windows Explorer"?: Hello,I had the notification setting off for "Windows Explorer", since I kept getting message of an USB device that was not recognized. The way how I turned it off was to click on the upper-right button of the notification messaged and that led to me the screen where I could...
  7. turn on internet explorer for quickbooks

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn on internet explorer for quickbooks: how do I turn on internet explorer for QuickBooks without turning it on as default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-internet-explorer-for-quickbooks/64460038-3817-4378-8ebf-0ca68c1a9c7d
  8. how to restore back to internet explore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to restore back to internet explore: need to restore back to internet explore ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-back-to-internet-explore/c649531c-5265-4f96-b86b-36e53a325409
  9. WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on: I've been on the forums trying to find a way to fix this issue. Windows 10 updated on October 22. My wifi disabled on the same day (adapter is a Centrino n-6205). All attempts to get the wifi to turn on were stymied. I thought perhaps windows 7 still loaded might be causing...
  10. How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?: Edge is nice, but: 1) It's not touch friendly 2) It makes my fan spin up really loud 3) It makes my computer really really hot 4) Substantially reduces my battery life I have a i5 Surface Pro 3, and with Windows 8.1, it very rarely used to spin up the fan. Now, it...