Windows 10: Can't turn of Auto update apps in store

Discus and support Can't turn of Auto update apps in store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to turn off auto update apps in Microsoft store but it says contact your system admin about changing this setting. [ATTACH] But I'm the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TonyLin6, Apr 26, 2020.

1. TonyLin6 Win User

Can't turn of Auto update apps in store

I want to turn off auto update apps in Microsoft store but it says contact your system admin about changing this setting. Can't turn of Auto update apps in store 4ee8633b-86b2-4830-aa80-7a506223abec?upload=true.jpg

But I'm the only user on this computer, how can I fix that?

:)

TonyLin6, Apr 26, 2020

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store  

Hello Bo, Can't turn of Auto update apps in store :)

Yes, you could use steps 3 and 4 in Option 3 to toggle Store app auto updates on and off if you like.

However, you should still have a "Settings" option when you click on the user icon in the Store.

Just to note, these apps (if used) can fail if not kept updated. This would include all the default apps like Photos, Groove Music, Movies & TV, Mail, etc....

Brink, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Can't turn of Auto update apps in store

Windows store app auto updates

Is anyone else finding the store nothing short of hopeless with regard auto app updates. The process works because some apps do update. But the amount of times they also get stuck is ridiculous. I'll often go into the store on my PC and sometimes manually do a check for updates. But as I go to the downloads and updates tab I quite often see a couple of apps stuck updating at 0.1 and nothing seems to bump the along (even exiting the store) unless I press the cross to stop it and then recheck for updates whereupon said updates will re appear and I can initiate a manual update which seems to work. I notice the actual native MS apps are the most prone. I even got offered an update for Twitter which was stuck. I don't even have that one installed! It just seems plain buggy to me. Do you think I am better off turning auto updates off

Scottyboy99, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't turn of Auto update apps in store

1. Can't turn of Auto update apps in store - Similar Threads - Can't turn Auto

2. Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...: So since game pass allows mods for games now I have a mod for a game which is the only reason I play it in the first place (adds 20x more content). However, this mod requires version 1.2 and the current version is 1.4. Do I seriously have to completely delete my game and...
  3. Microsoft Store Can't Update Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Can't Update Apps: I have more than 20 pening APP updates in MS Store. I use VPN - Could this be something that is blocking the updates. Downloading goes on for more than 15 mins, and I cancel as there is no progress....
  4. microsoft store is keep updating app . even auto update is turn off .

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store is keep updating app . even auto update is turn off .: my microsoft store is keep updating app but even i have disable auto update in setting . and the gaming service always show me installing and all update are showing pending .without my permission even i cancel them but after sometime, maybe 1 or two minutes it show that...
  5. Microsoft Store not auto updating apps

Microsoft Store not auto updating apps: This is a bit of an odd one. Microsoft Store on my PC hasn't auto updated any apps or games since around some time in April. This includes built-in apps as well as 3rd party apps. Clicking Get Updates in the Store finds no new app updates either. However, if I manually...
  6. Microsoft Store not auto updating apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store not auto updating apps: This is a bit of an odd one. Microsoft Store on my PC hasn't auto updated any apps or games since around some time in April. This includes built-in apps as well as 3rd party apps. Clicking Get Updates in the Store finds no new app updates either. However, if I manually...
  7. Turn off auto update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  8. Disable Auto Update for particular apps in Microsoft Store

Disable Auto Update for particular apps in Microsoft Store: How to disable auto updates for a particular apps in Microsoft Storew?I want to disable Armoury Crate auto updates from Microsoft Store but want auto update for other apps. How to do it? Thanks....
  9. Windows store app auto updates

Windows store app auto updates: Is anyone else finding the store nothing short of hopeless with regard auto app updates. The process works because some apps do update. But the amount of times they also get stuck is ridiculous. I'll often go into the store on my PC and sometimes manually do a check for...
  10. Auto app updates

Auto app updates: How do auto updates work in the store? I noticed when I went into it there were some updates showing for things like calculator and one note. The progress bar indicated they were fully downloaded but they didn't seem to be disappearing from the list or installing themselves....