Windows 10: Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD

Discus and support Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, since a while I'm having a weird problem with my M3800 with QHD display without knowing what caused it. It might have changed with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel Möring, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD

Hello everyone,

since a while I'm having a weird problem with my M3800 with QHD display without knowing what caused it. It might have changed with the last major Windows update, but I'm not sure.

When I got the computer I immediatly turned off the adaptive brightness feature but now, after almost 3 years, it turned itself ON again. On top of that, all the regular solutions to turn it off failed on me because the sliders, buttons and checkboxes to do so are just not there. (as you can see in the provided screenshots - they're german though. but as you can see in the power options even there the slider for the brightness is missing)

Does anyone know what happend and how I can turn my computer back to be usable without shining bright light onto the sensor?

It's the same case for the intel graphics adapter options... everything related to adaptive brightness is not there.

I'm also not sure if it correlates but the new power options of windows (balanced being the only one) also seem to be corrupt in a way since when I click on the battery symbol I am not shown the slider to choose wether I want to save energy or have full power.

I'm kind of lost here... any ideas?

all the best from hamburg, germany

Daniel

Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD 0c8ce57b-f930-45b4-8ad1-a65db719412b?upload=true.jpg

Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD 148efc1c-4611-41ae-bb9b-2de79c3bbbe2?upload=true.jpg

Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD 1a2c693e-dd79-4b6b-b066-79545fb5c15b?upload=true.jpg

(Bildschirm means Display and it only lists the option when to shut off the screen)

:)

Daniel Möring, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Over_Lord Win User

Dell Precision M3800 Goes Official, 3200 x 1800 Display Confirmed

Last week we had reported that Dell is working on a new power-packed mobile workstation dubbed the Precision M3800. At SIGGRAPH, Dell will take the wraps off their next-generation portable workstation. On their corporate blog, the company confirmed much of the rumored specifications which include:

• 4th Generation Intel Core i7 quad-core CPU
    • NVIDIA Quadro GPU
    • 16GB RAM
    • QHD+ (3,200 x 1,800) multi-touch display
    • 1TB HDD, or 512GB SSD
    Despite being loaded to the brim, the Dell Precision M3800 will compress everything into a 0.7" thick body, which weighs in at 4.5 pounds. There's still no word on the pricing, but that should slip out soon. Whatever it'll be, it sure won't be cheap.

Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD DellPrecisionM3800_thm.jpg

Source: Dell Community

Over_Lord, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Dell Announces the Precision M3800 Mobile Workstation

Dell today launched the thinnest and lightest 15-inch true mobile workstation, the Dell Precision M3800, to its family of the world's most powerful mobile workstations. Merging beautiful design in an ultra-thin form factor with workstation-class performance, Dell has delivered an uncompromising system for digital content creators and engineers looking for portability, power and stylish design to match their image and environment.

"Dell has a long history of delivering leading-edge performance workstations for customers in engineering and digital content creation," said Jon Peddie, President, Jon Peddie Research. "After seeing the new Dell Precision M3800 ultra-thin mobile workstation it's like falling in love all over again. It has everything I want in a power notebook including a super processor and GPU, high-resolution and big screen, light weight, lots of I/O, great speakers and camera. What's not to love? With the M3800, I no longer have to sacrifice performance for mobility and beautiful design."

Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD Dell_Precision_M3800_01_thm.jpg

Less than three-quarters of an inch thin (18 mm) and starting at 4.15 pounds (1.88 kgs), dual-cooling to allow maximum performance at all times, and up to 10 hours and six minutes of battery life with NVIDIA Optimus technology that maximizes battery life for extended productivity, the M3800 enables editing video at a shoot, presenting CAD ideas to customers in style or rendering 3D animation and modeling on the road.

"Our designers frequently travel, to meet with and collaborate with vendors and clients and the new Dell Precision M3800 provides workstation-class performance to power their software applications with an aesthetic design that fits into those collaborative environments and creates the impression we want," said Curt Spence, Client Devices Engineer, Freeman.

Outstanding Performance in an Ultra-Thin and Light Workstation
    Offering powerful performance in an ultra-thin form factor, the Dell Precision M3800 is available with Windows 8.1 Pro (64-Bit) or genuine Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit) and is loaded with up to 16 GB of memory and 4th-generation Intel Core i7-4702HQ 8 threaded quad-core processor with up to 3.2 GHz clock speeds for seamlessly running professional software applications.

The M3800 is equipped with the NVIDIA Quadro K1100M GPU with 2 GB of GDDR5 dedicated memory, offering twice as much on board video memory as the HP Z series Ultrabook, for a rich visual experience with graphic-intense software applications.

"The new Dell Precision M3800 is the first and only thin and light mobile workstation to offer the power of the Kepler-based NVIDIA Quadro GPUs, the industry's highest-performing and most capable professional graphics," said Sandeep Gupte, senior director of Product Marketing for the Quadro Professional Graphics Business at NVIDIA. "With 2 GB of video memory in the NVIDIA Quadro K1100M GPU, the M3800 delivers uncompromised performance and rich visual experiences for graphics-heavy applications that creative professionals have been waiting for."

To manage large data files while on the go, the Dell Precision M3800 offers multiple storage configurations including up to two storage devices, with a maximum of 1.5 TB of storage (HDD, SSHD, or SSD), up to 35 percent more than HP's 14-inch Z series Ultrabook, one 2.5-inch drive and one solid state Mini-Card storage device (mSATA).

"As the traditional workplace continues to evolve, our workstation customers are requiring more portable systems, but can't afford to sacrifice performance for their critical software applications," said Andy Rhodes, executive director of Dell Precision workstations. "With the introduction of the M3800 we've not only delivered on customer requests but set a new standard for mobile workstations with the thinnest form factor, outstanding performance and highest resolution QHD+ display for designing, creating and collaborating with clients while in the office or on the road."

Tuned and optimized for the top media & entertainment, engineering and design applications such as those in Adobe Creative Cloud, Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite and AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit, Avid Media Composer, Dassault Catia and Solidworks, PTC Creo, Siemens NX and TeamCenter, among others, the M3800 assures mission critical applications will run as designed, and comes with optional Dell ProSupport for premium 24/7 global support from expert technicians.

"The M3800 from Dell is elegant and incredibly powerful for its size. My work looks amazing in the DirectX 11 capable viewport inside Maya at a whopping 3200x1800 screen res, and working with Mudbox using the touch screen controls is really nice. It's fast, ultra-quiet, and has more than enough horsepower for my needs. The only question I have is - how did they fit all that goodness into such a slim design?" said Mathew Doyle, Media & Entertainment Technical Marketing, Autodesk.

Beautiful Design and Visualization
    The Dell Precision M3800 features a stylish, industrial-grade design with an aluminum frame, a strong, lightweight carbon fiber chassis, and a Corning Gorilla NBT Glass display with five-finger multi-touch on all systems. Viewing fine detail is easy with the workstation's vivid 15.6-inch UltraSharp display available in QHD+ (3200 x 1800), which is higher resolution than the Apple Mac Book Pro Retina, or FHD (1920 x 1080). The M3800 can also be paired with the high-performance 31.5" UltraSharp 32 monitor with exceptional Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution, coming later this fall, for a powerful dual-monitor workstation combination.

Simplifying the transition from the road to a desk-based workspace, the M3800 offers multiple external monitor support with the optional Dell D3000 USB 3.0 Docking Station. For customers needing access to high-speed Ethernet access, every M3800 is equipped as standard with a USB to RJ-45 dongle. It is also designed with a backlit full-size keyboard, four USB PowerPorts (3 USB 3.0 & 1 USB 2.0), a large gesture-enabled touchpad, HD video webcam and Waves MaxxAudio Pro suite of advanced audio enhancement tools.

"We do a lot of on-location video streaming and the M3800 shaves off pounds of weight and bulk that we used to have to carry but we still have the processing power to encode multiple live HD video streams," said Stephen Taylor, IT Manager for Web Services at Appalachian State University. "The absolutely gorgeous QHD+ screen means we are able to monitor 1080p video at full resolution on part of the screen while still monitoring our data feeds on another. When space and weight count, but performance can't be compromised, the M3800 really delivers for us."

Availability and Pricing
    The Dell Precision M3800 will be available worldwide on Nov. 14 with a starting price of $1,799 USD. For additional information visit www.dell.com/speedoflight.

Cristian_25H, Nov 15, 2018
  4. PWn3R Win User

Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD

Dell Precision m3800 stuttering and lag

Indiana,
    I gave that a shot, but it didn't fix it. I tried using Driver Fusion to remove any remnants, which then put me in a boot loop. I wiped the laptop and completely fresh installed. The system is still stuttering and I see the spinning dots animation on the login screen and other places freezing for as much as a two seconds sometimes. There are no CPU spikes or other problems to explain this. I suspect that this laptop has Optimus and I'm wondering if that is the problem. I just got it about 2 hours before I installed Windows 10 on it.

Edit: screenshot of nvidia CP below
    Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD [​IMG]

Edit 2: Confirmed nVidia Optimus is broken on Windows 10 for the time being. I suspect that is the root of my issues. There doesn't appear to be any way to turn it off either.

PWn3R, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD

1. Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD - Similar Threads - Can't turn off

2. dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver: Hi, i'm having a weird trouble with this old boy. i have been trying the last few week to upgrade the dell touchpad driver to windows precision driver. But i'm not getting the result i want. i first tried lenovo driver but 1cm on the touchpad became unactive only the right...
  3. dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver: Hi, i'm having a weird trouble with this old boy. i have been trying the last few week to upgrade the dell touchpad driver to windows precision driver. But i'm not getting the result i want. i first tried lenovo driver but 1cm on the touchpad became unactive only the right...
  4. dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn off adaptive brightness: The option to disable or enable adaptive brightness doesn't exist on my laptop. And it's **** annoying when it dims and I can't even do anything about it. I've tried going on to control panel but the only thing under my display is turn off display after....
  6. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn off adaptive brightness: The option to disable or enable adaptive brightness doesn't exist on my laptop. And it's **** annoying when it dims and I can't even do anything about it. I've tried going on to control panel but the only thing under my display is turn off display after....
  7. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Turning off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off adaptive brightness: Hi, when I use my laptop on a dark screen, the brightness of the screen immediately turns substantially darker but when using on a light screen, the brightness immediately turns brighter. May I know if this is because adaptive brightness is enabled and how do I turn it off?...
  9. Help! I can't turn off adaptive brightness!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! I can't turn off adaptive brightness!: So I have an HP pavilion 2 in 1 llaptop, and everytime i unplug it, the brightness goes down, IT WONT LET ME TURN THAT OFF! ive tried it in settings, control panel, intel control center, everything! is it just not an option on this laptop to turn it off or sum? submitted by...
  10. Dell Precision m3800 stuttering and lag

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Precision m3800 stuttering and lag: Hi All, Just wondering if anyone else has seen these type of issues. I did an in-place upgrade on my brand new m3800 laptop and am getting graphics stuttering and lag. I also have noticed that if I open the nvidia control panel, the 3D preview window is completely grey and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. precision M3800 brightness issues

2. dell precision m3800 screen brightness