Windows 10: Can't Turn Off Computer From Menu

Discus and support Can't Turn Off Computer From Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I select "power" from the start menu to turn off my computer, it does not respond. It acts as if I did not actually click it. I have had to turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaniilGrimberg, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Can't Turn Off Computer From Menu

When I select "power" from the start menu to turn off my computer, it does not respond. It acts as if I did not actually click it. I have had to turn off my computer via my hardware for the past several days now.

By extension, I cannot reset or put it to sleep as these options are also behind the "power" option on the start menu.

:)

DaniilGrimberg, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Darshan J Win User
    Start menu not working occasionally in turn unable to turn off the computer

Hi Samson,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?
    • Do you have any third party antivirus installed on your computer?

You can also press Windows Key + X Key to get the shutdown option.

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates on your system and if you are using Microsoft account try signing out and sign in again and check if resolves the issue.

I suggest you to perform Start menu troubleshooter from the below article to address your issue.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu: (Refer to try Troubleshooter Section)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Can't Turn Off Computer From Menu

Computer turns itself on

Hi Dustin,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the fast startup:

• Right-click the Start menu, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the view from Category to Large icons.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't Turn Off Computer From Menu

1. Can't Turn Off Computer From Menu - Similar Threads - Can't Turn Off

2. bluetooth turns off and can't be turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth turns off and can't be turned on: Every once and a while. My Bluetooth would turn off for no reason, and when I attempt to turn it back on, it would fail to do anything. The only way i would be able to fix it was to hard reset my computer. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If not, is there an...
  3. bluetooth turns off and can't be turned on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth turns off and can't be turned on: Every once and a while. My Bluetooth would turn off for no reason, and when I attempt to turn it back on, it would fail to do anything. The only way i would be able to fix it was to hard reset my computer. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If not, is there an...
  4. My computer can't turn off sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer can't turn off sleep mode: Tôi đang sử dụng cửa sổ 10 khi máy tính của tôi chuyển sang chế độ ngủ, sau một lúc nó không thể bật lại đượcCảm ơn tất cả các câu trả lời.PhamTien https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-cant-turn-off-sleep-mode/3703b6f0-00d5-4c7a-8f29-d5c72672a0a0
  5. My computer can't turn off sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer can't turn off sleep mode: Tôi đang sử dụng cửa sổ 10 khi máy tính của tôi chuyển sang chế độ ngủ, sau một lúc nó không thể bật lại đượcCảm ơn tất cả các câu trả lời.PhamTien https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-cant-turn-off-sleep-mode/3703b6f0-00d5-4c7a-8f29-d5c72672a0a0
  6. My computer can't turn off sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Computer turning on is a turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning on is a turn off.: My computer sometimes turns itself on when it's unattended. I thought it was being used by a bitcoin miner, but virus checks didn't show anything.To prevent it happening I started turning off the net using software before putting it to sleep or shutting down. standard menu...
  8. My computer can't be turned off. It is out of control.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer can't be turned off. It is out of control.: My computer cannot be turned off. The screen is always in orange.The cursor on the screen cannot be focused and It moves freely. Forced shutdown cannot solve the problem now. I need help. The computer make a sound like “di” just now....
  9. Can't turn off my computers fire wall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't turn off my computers fire wall: When I was downloading a file it said that a virus was detected and I couldn't download the file on chrome despite this i still wanted to download the file as I knew the risks however when i went to turn off my real - time protection settings I was meet with the message you...
  10. I can't turn off my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't turn off my computer.: Hey, recently i bought a lenovo gaming laptop, and I upgrade it whit another ssd (because it just come whit 250gb m.2) , but since tan I can't shutdown my computer. When I shut down by the taskbar, it starts to shut down, the screen goes off and than it just comes back to...