Windows 10: Cant turn off Defender or Antimalware.

Discus and support Cant turn off Defender or Antimalware. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried all the ways on the web to turn off Defender and Antimalware. But I can't kill either application. Antimalware runs all the time taking a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by badlogin, Nov 22, 2020.

1. badlogin Win User

Cant turn off Defender or Antimalware.

I've tried all the ways on the web to turn off Defender and Antimalware. But I can't kill either application. Antimalware runs all the time taking a lot of resources.

:)

badlogin, Nov 22, 2020

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Antimalware Service Executable taking up high CPU for several hours!

No, it usually did not for me either, until today.

Posting system specs is a little off-topic, because my problem is that even though I do this step:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...nder-antivirus

- The Antimalware Service Executable still runs high. I have a pretty good CPU and this has never been a problem until today.

My computer is neither new or old. It was installed 1½ years ago. I never had any problems until today.

I did this step:

That "note" is my problem... it still scans, and it is still scanning while I am writing this.

I already set the Exclusions to the Windows Defender path. Did not work either.

philosopher, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Cant turn off Defender or Antimalware.

Antimalware service excutable consuming ram and cpu

Hello,

We would like to know more about this concern, please provide the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Antimalware Service Executable is the name of the process MsMpEng (MsMpEng.exe) used by the Windows Defender program. The service associated with this program is the Windows Defender Service. For possible troubleshooting steps, you can check GreginMich's
    post through this link.

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Cant turn off Defender or Antimalware.

1. Cant turn off Defender or Antimalware. - Similar Threads - Cant turn off

2. how to permanently turn off windows defender/antimalware service executable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to permanently turn off windows defender/antimalware service executable?: this. orthis. it keeps turning itself on and everything ive tried was pointless. if i wanted an antivirus i'd be looking at other, way better services like avast or malwarebytes. this horrid program will sleep on literally any proper virus or threat while still consuming 30%...
  3. how to permanently turn off windows defender/antimalware service executable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to permanently turn off windows defender/antimalware service executable?: this. orthis. it keeps turning itself on and everything ive tried was pointless. if i wanted an antivirus i'd be looking at other, way better services like avast or malwarebytes. this horrid program will sleep on literally any proper virus or threat while still consuming 30%...
  4. how to permanently turn off windows defender/antimalware service executable?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Defender is turned off and i cant turn it back on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender is turned off and i cant turn it back on: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/unforgivableaf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hypkcb/windows_defender_is_turned_off_and_i_cant_turn_it/
  6. turning off windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    turning off windows defender: [ATTACH]i need help because i'm not sure,if i turned off my windows defender will these threats comeback and be allowed? the other 3 at the top are removed or restored so please help....
  7. Cant turn on windows defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant turn on windows defender: Hello everyone, I downloaded the pycharm software to program in python and the windows defender blocked to install the interpeter. The program asked me to turn off manually or it can disable automaticly and i chose the 2nd one. When i was done i wanted to turn back on the...
  8. All is turned off in windows defender and cant turn it on

All is turned off in windows defender and cant turn it on: In my windows defender all is turned off and i cant turn them back on again[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/all-is-turned-off-in-windows-defender-and-cant/d820ea64-f91a-4a67-85c3-72074c7b041d
  9. windows defender cant turn on

windows defender cant turn on: hai, i have some problem with my windows defender, i didnt remember if i turn off my windows defender but it seems my windows defender are off. when i tried to turn it on it didnt turn like as usually, and when i try to run a quick scan (in hope it will turn on automatically)...
  10. turn off defender

turn off defender: under settings windows defender does not give option to turn off, can someone help, also webroot paid version is running, will they conflict 88943