Windows 10: Can't turn off microphone test

Discus and support Can't turn off microphone test in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ran microphone test for HP laptop. Microphone works ok. But, nowcan't turn test off; even keystrokes echo through speakers. Ran diagnostics; no problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WayneStrauss, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Can't turn off microphone test

Ran microphone test for HP laptop. Microphone works ok. But, nowcan't turn test off; even keystrokes echo through speakers. Ran diagnostics; no problem found. Searched for solution on INet; found "reboot."Restarted. No help.

:)

WayneStrauss, Jul 8, 2020
  2. titedog Win User

"Test Microphone" Wont Turn Off.

So I went to test my microphone to see if it was working. I went in the settings tab and clicked system. Then I clicked Sound. I clicked the microphone button to test it, and it works. But now it wont turn off. I tried clicking the button again, but it
    just wont stop testing for voice input. Does anyone know how to turn it off, or if it can be?

titedog, Jul 8, 2020
  3. How can I make a Base Microphone work without it turning off the speakers?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. Let me help you.

As per the description Microphone should work without turning off the speakers.

I suggest you follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon.

• Select playback devices option.

• Now select the speaker as default.

• Now go to recording devices option and select the microphone as default and click on apply.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Can't turn off microphone test

turn off microphone

Taskbar Tray>>Right click sound icon>>SOUNDS

Recording Tab

select your MIC in the list>>Properties>>Level, turn it down a little and then Apply OK

Now select Configure

then in new window select Set up Microphone and set it up and test it there.

Certified_Friend, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't turn off microphone test

1. Can't turn off microphone test - Similar Threads - Can't turn off

2. microphone test

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone test: I just got a headset for my win 10 os --- its bluetooth paired OK ---- I am able to listen to apps like itunes -- no issues I tried to use the microphone of the headset and ran into a problem It does not seem to be picking up and sounds. I rand the troubleshooter test and in...
  3. Microphone turning on and off rapidly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone turning on and off rapidly: My Mic that I bought not too long ago just entirely glitches the sound systemI get high cpu usage from Windows Audio service and the microphone activates and deactivates rapidlyIt's a Maono au-pm421...
  4. How do I turn off "test microphone" in settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off "test microphone" in settings?: I have tried troubleshooting and restarting and neither has worked. It is really irritating having to listen to every sound I make through my computer even when I close the settings app...
  5. how to turn on off the microphone

how to turn on off the microphone: How do I turn the microphone on and off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-off-the-microphone/cbe32352-4694-432e-af55-96a8d77c75b6
  6. I can't turn off my micropone test from windows settings...

I can't turn off my micropone test from windows settings...: help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-off-my-micropone-test-from-windows/605a1a85-cb50-4a3f-9615-8ad319c95755
  7. Microphone turns on and off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone turns on and off randomly: Hi, Ever since I changed Windows versions (a while ago), my sound turns on and off randomly. When it does it is rapidly turning on and off -so much so, that I can't use my mouse for 30seconds to a minute at a time. And, the turn on/off moments are quite frequent. (I'm on...
  8. turn off microphone

turn off microphone: My microphone is to sensitive. I'm getting feedback How do I stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/turn-off-microphone/e1c01c28-9c0a-4228-a77c-0ba2da514dae
  9. test my microphone

test my microphone: when I check the settings on my laptop - windows 10 - the option is there to test my microphone but not accessible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/test-my-microphone/f590ad15-8448-41f1-845c-3a07c820bab7
  10. "Test Microphone" Wont Turn Off.

"Test Microphone" Wont Turn Off.: So I went to test my microphone to see if it was working. I went in the settings tab and clicked system. Then I clicked Sound. I clicked the microphone button to test it, and it works. But now it wont turn off. I tried clicking the button again, but it just wont stop testing...