Windows 10: Can't turn off or disable touchpad??

Discus and support Can't turn off or disable touchpad?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been searching, searching and searching for the answer to this question to no avail. Well, lo and behold, I finally found something that has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mycou73, Jan 31, 2020.

1. mycou73 Win User

Can't turn off or disable touchpad??

I have been searching, searching and searching for the answer to this question to no avail. Well, lo and behold, I finally found something that has worked for me. Maybe it will work for you.

I found, by accident, that my touchpad I have HP with Windows 10, is a synaptics touchpad. This is what I did to turnoff/disable my toughpad.

1. Click Start Icon Can't turn off or disable touchpad?? 242178ea-82fc-4c09-b845-8320178bb36e?upload=true.jpg

2. Cursor down to "synaptics touchpad"

3. Click on "synaptics touchpad".

4. Click box next to "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached.

About the only time I use the Win Icon is when I either restart or put my laptop to sleep so I never paid any attention what was listed. I like doing my own thing thru my desktop.

Hope this helps any of you having the same problem I was. Oh, to use the touchpad again just go back and unclick the box. Thanks!

:)

mycou73, Jan 31, 2020

2. turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Disable touchpad

Hi,

Normally, you can disable the touchpad from Device Manager by follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on HID-compliant mouse and select Disable.
    • Click Yes.
    • Check if the touchpad is already disabled.

You can also contact the device manufacturer for further assistance if touchpad cannot be disabled.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't turn off or disable touchpad?? - Similar Threads - Can't turn off

2. Is there a way to disable shortcuts for turning on/off touchpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable shortcuts for turning on/off touchpad?: I have a problem. I have 10 ASUS E410M Laptops that are used my kindergartners. They seem to accidentally turn off the touchpad on a daily basis. It's infuriating. SURELY there is a way to disable any shortcuts to turn of the touchpad? SURELY there is a way to lock the...
  3. Is there a way to disable shortcuts for turning on/off touchpad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to disable shortcuts for turning on/off touchpad?: I have a problem. I have 10 ASUS E410M Laptops that are used my kindergartners. They seem to accidentally turn off the touchpad on a daily basis. It's infuriating. SURELY there is a way to disable any shortcuts to turn of the touchpad? SURELY there is a way to lock the...
  4. Is there a way to disable shortcuts for turning on/off touchpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't turn off touchpad

Can't turn off touchpad: In my touchpad settings I can't turn of my touchpad. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-off-touchpad/65a1dcf7-0151-4362-b0ce-b3815bd81b89
  6. Turning off TouchPad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off TouchPad: So I ran a Windows update and now I can't turn off the TouchPad. When I go Control Panel > Hardware > Mouse and click Touch Pad there is NO "disable TouchPad when mouse plugged in" box like before. After 30 minutes of searching I give up, so here I am asking for help....
  7. Turning off touchpad

Turning off touchpad: months ago I finally figured out how to turn off my touchpad which moves the cursor while I type and causes all sorts of mistakes; suddenly, it's back on again and I can't turn it off; I've even uninstalled it but that doesn't work; the button for "disable" in the settings is...
  8. Turning Off TouchPad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning Off TouchPad: Since receiving the most recent Windows 10 update my touchpad has become activated which is very annoying when using the keyboard. I prefer to use a mouse. The Setting for turning off the touchpad is no longer present nor the button on the toolbar. I tried uninstalling the...
  9. turning off the touchpad

turning off the touchpad: I am using a HP laptop with windows 10. I am using a wireless mouse and used to be able to turnoff the touchpad when using the mouse. I can't find where to. I am using a Microsoft wireless mouse....
  10. Can't disable touchpad

Can't disable touchpad: I do not like the touch pad. When I had Windows 8.1, I simply disabled it. But Windows 10 has a mind of it's own. I go into settings for touch pad and put a check mark where it says "disable touch pad". But as soon as I restart, the touch is enabled. I go where I put the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable click when hover feature dell laptop

2. cant turn off touchpad