Windows 10: Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

Discus and support Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried under settings>accounts>sign-in options: the present option is When PC wakes up from sleep. That is grayed out -- I cannot change it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kirkabyRR, Dec 13, 2022.

1. kirkabyRR Win User

Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

I have tried under settings>accounts>sign-in options: the present option is When PC wakes up from sleep. That is grayed out -- I cannot change it. I also see "To change this, go to Settings and search for Power & sleep. I have done that, but cannot find any option to change this.Thanks for reading. I will appreciate any help or suggestions.

:)

kirkabyRR, Dec 13, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10  

Ok @mystiron. I have added OPTION FIVE to help. Using step 4 should disable require password on wakeup for you.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...html#option5s4

Brink, Dec 13, 2022
  3. S.S_M Win User
    "Require a password on wakeup" setting is ignored. (Windows 10)

On Surface Pro 3 and other tablets, Windows 10 ignore the "require a password on wakeup" and "if you've been away, when should Windows require you to song in again?" settings. Even when they are set to "Don't require a password" and "never" respectively,
    the lock screen still prompt for the password.

The only workaround is to disable the lock screen entirely.

Other users have noted the same issue:

Disable require password on wakeup (Windows 10)

Password after waking from sleep

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

S.S_M, Dec 13, 2022
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

Password on wakeup Windows 10 latest version

Since you mentioned that this issue only occurs with one of your PC's, we'd like to know which build and version of Windows 10 you have. To check it, click
    Start, type About your
    PC
    , then press Enter.

In the meantime, we suggest another way on how to disable it. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Control Panel, then Press
      Enter.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, click
      Power Options.
    • On the left pane, click Require a password on wakeup.
    • Under Password protection on
      wakeup, select Don't require
      a
      password, then click Save Changes.

Get back to us with the result.

Clark Ari, Dec 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251 - Similar Threads - Can't turn off

2. How to turn off required password on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off required password on startup.: I logged into my Windows account on my computer in troubleshooting. Now its always asking for a password when I turn the computer on. I've switched back to the Local User, but the steps i've seen in...
  3. How to turn off required password on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off required password on startup.: I logged into my Windows account on my computer in troubleshooting. Now its always asking for a password when I turn the computer on. I've switched back to the Local User, but the steps i've seen in...
  4. How to turn off required password on startup.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251: I have tried under settings>accounts>sign-in options: the present option is When PC wakes up from sleep. That is grayed out -- I cannot change it. I also see "To change this, go to Settings and search for Power & sleep. I have done that, but cannot find any option to change...
  6. Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251: I have tried under settings>accounts>sign-in options: the present option is When PC wakes up from sleep. That is grayed out -- I cannot change it. I also see "To change this, go to Settings and search for Power & sleep. I have done that, but cannot find any option to change...
  7. Windows 11 still requiring password even with requirement turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 still requiring password even with requirement turned off: My PC is still requiring a password to log in even though the setting "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" under netplwiz is unchecked. To be clear I don't want to enter a password every time I turn my system on, I want it just to go straight to...
  8. Windows 10 not requiring password upon PC waking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not requiring password upon PC waking: I'm recently having a strange issue with my PC. When it sleeps, upon waking, the PC does not request a password. I then go into account settings and change the sign- in option from "Never" to "When PC wakes up from sleep". The PC will then require a password upon waking....
  9. Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 To help secure your PC, Windows requires users to sign in when it wakes from hibernate by default. This tutorial will show you how to turn on...
  10. Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Require a password on wakeup" from Power Options in Windows 10 In Windows 10, the Require Sign-in setting by default now. To help secure your PC, Windows requires users to...