Windows 10: Cant turn off tamper protection

Discus and support Cant turn off tamper protection in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I need to turn off tamper protection because i want to turn off real time protection, but i cannot turn it off and it says "This Settings is managed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by faza sutandi, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Cant turn off tamper protection

I need to turn off tamper protection because i want to turn off real time protection, but i cannot turn it off and it says "This Settings is managed by your administrator". The problem is i am the administrator on my pc, it clearly says Administrator on my account on settings. I have tried resetting my pc but it doesnt seems to fix it, any solutions?

:)

faza sutandi, Jan 13, 2023

2. Should I Turn on Tamper Protection in Windows Security?

hey susan its me again so about tamper protection with you forgetting to turn on tamper protection can you tell me where the option is for tamper protection also please this time write on a sticky note turn on tamper protection and to reply back and tell
    where it is located. susan this time can you reply back to me today at 3:55?

MaxYeetGamer2, Jan 13, 2023
  3. Crizal Win User
    Defender Tamper Protection/1903

Moderators: This thread deals with Defender Tamper Protection setting and 1903. If this would be better served in a different location, please feel free to move the post.

Just wondering if anyone who installed 1903 is having any unusual issue with Defender's Tamper Protection.
    Here's the blow-by-blow.....

1. Friend and I were running 1809 and installed 1903 via Update Assistant on Tuesday, May 21st. No issues and Defender Tamper Protection was on (default setting).
    2. Two days later, the 23rd, friend gets alert that Tamper Protection is off. She turned it on and it seems to be holding.
    3. Today, I get the alert Tamper Protection is off and I turned it on. So far, it's holding.

I have no idea why Tamper Protection would turn off. Both computers are clean -- no viruses, trojans, malware or adware. We do not mess around in the registry and there is absolutely no third-party antivirus on either machine.

For now, I'm taking a wait-and-see if Tamper Protection turns off again. I don't know if it's a 1903 bug or not. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Crizal, Jan 13, 2023
  4. bhringer Win User

Cant turn off tamper protection

Should I Turn on Tamper Protection in Windows Security?

Prevent changes to security settings with Tamper Protection - Microsoft Support

Change the Tamper Protection setting

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Windows Security and then select
    Windows Security in the list of results.

2. In Windows Security, select Virus & threat protection and then under
    Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.

3. Change the Tamper Protection setting to
    On
    or Off.

~

bhringer, Jan 13, 2023
Thema:

Cant turn off tamper protection

1. Cant turn off tamper protection - Similar Threads - Cant turn off

2. I can't turn off tamper protection or defender control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn off tamper protection or defender control: I can't take any keys from registry or even access tamper protection or defender control. I just restored and wiped my pc clean. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-off-tamper-protection-or-defender/a878b7a6-93c8-48c6-9160-5db148704d3d
  3. Cant turn off tamper protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant turn off tamper protection: I need to turn off tamper protection because i want to turn off real time protection, but i cannot turn it off and it says "This Settings is managed by your administrator". The problem is i am the administrator on my pc, it clearly says Administrator on my account on...
  4. Tamper protection turned off and cannot be enabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tamper protection turned off and cannot be enabled: For some odd reason, Tamper Protection on Windows Defender turned itself off. It'd be nice if I could just click and re-enable it, but somehow, this is disabled with the message "This setting is managed by your administrator," except, this is home machine and I AM the ONLY...
  5. Tamper protection keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tamper protection keeps turning off: Every whole or so i find out that tamper protection has been turned off (no notification), I turned it back on and did two separate scans with defender and malware bytes free, nothing shows up. Half an hour later tamper protection is turned off again so I turn it on and do...
  6. Tamper Protection turned off by default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tamper Protection turned off by default?: Hey guys, Recently got an iBuyPower PC about two weeks ago. Today i noticed that my Tamper Protection was disabled in the Antivirus settings. I read that all build of windows 1903 and up should have this enabled by default. I never made this change myself so I'm confused why...
  7. i just noticed that Tamper protection is turned off

i just noticed that Tamper protection is turned off: does that mean that I was running my windows 10 without antivirus ? im using windows 10 pro and the default windows 10 anti virus do I need to do a full Scan ? im using the PC as a server only and it is connected to the Internet 145890
  8. Microsoft Tamper Protection Turning Off

Microsoft Tamper Protection Turning Off: Hi, For some reason my laptops tamper protection keeps randomly turning off and I can't figure out why that would be. Anybody have any explanations?...
  9. Tamper Protection Turning Off Randomly

Tamper Protection Turning Off Randomly: Hi, Every now and then when I turn my laptop on, for some reason my laptops Tamper Protection is turned off. My Windows is updated and I don't know why my tamper protection would turn off randomly. I also randomly get a Blue Screen of death error like...
  10. Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus: How to: Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus How to Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 18305, Microsoft introduced Tamper Protection. Tamper Protection is a new...