Windows 10: Can't turn off tapping for Synaptics SMBus TouchPad on HP laptop

Discus and support Can't turn off tapping for Synaptics SMBus TouchPad on HP laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I want to disable tapping on my touchpad, because it keeps getting in the way when I am typing on the keyboard. I tried following various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sam83246, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Sam83246 Win User

Can't turn off tapping for Synaptics SMBus TouchPad on HP laptop

Hello,

I want to disable tapping on my touchpad, because it keeps getting in the way when I am typing on the keyboard.

I tried following various instructions online, but they don't work for me, namely because the option to turn off tapping doesnt seem to be there. When I go into my touchpad settings, all I can do is change the tapping sensitivity.

Here is my system info:

system model: HP 250 G6 Notebook PC

Driver info:

name: Synaptics SMBus TouchPad

version 19.5.35.47

:)

Sam83246, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Sam83246 Win User

Hello,

I want to disable tapping on my touchpad, because it keeps getting in the way when I am typing on the keyboard.

I tried following various instructions online, but they don't work for me, namely because the option to turn off tapping doesnt seem to be there. When I go into my touchpad settings, all I can do is change the tapping sensitivity.

Here is my system info:

system model: HP 250 G6 Notebook PC

Driver info:

name: Synaptics SMBus TouchPad

version 19.5.35.47

Sam83246, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Sam83246 Win User

Hi Vijay,

thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, the first two options don't work for me. When I go into settings > touchpad, it just gives me the option to change the tapping sensitivity. When I go into device manager, under Human Interface Devices, there is no touchpad device. Under Mice
    and other pointing devices there is Synaptics SMBus TouchPad, however there is no option to disable device, like for other devices, just to uninstall device. I tried uninstalling, however when I restart it is automatically back.

Also, I'd like to clarify my problem. I don't want to disable the touchpad completely, as I still need to use the mouse, however I want to disable tapping to click, as that gets in the way. I'm pretty sure I disabled it before, but maybe a new update caused
    this to change.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam83246, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Sam83246 Win User

Thanks for the suggestion. I used system restore to the oldest point I could. I also changed the driver to a previous version, however I still can't find in settings the options to turn off tap to click for my touchpad.

Sam83246, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't turn off tapping for Synaptics SMBus TouchPad on HP laptop - Similar Threads - Can't turn off

2. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  3. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  4. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Not working Properly

Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Not working Properly: Hi Uday Here , Hope every thing is fine out there. I don't know why my Mouse Pointer works in a weird fashion. Like for some time it works absolutely fine and after few minutes it will stop working for a while like about 2 minutes. I have seen a few posts in Internet on...
  6. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad - can't disable even when uninstalling

Synaptics SMBus Touchpad - can't disable even when uninstalling: I'm ready to physically tear out the touchpad! I've tried looking all over the web to find out why I can't disable the touchpad on my HP Laptop anymore when the USB Mouse is plugged in. I've tried going to settings no option appears, device manager to update and rolling back...
  7. Synaptics SMBus touchpad not in devices

Synaptics SMBus touchpad not in devices: Hello, My Synaptics SMBus touchpad is not in the list of devices in the devicemanager. It has removed itself i think. Of course the touchpad is not working. [ATTACH] Is there any way to add this again....
  8. turning off tapping on touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning off tapping on touchpad: After a windows update the touchpad on my laptop now uses tap to click. I've been through lots of mouse, pionter & touchpad settings but it will not give me the option to turn off tapping. Can anyone come up with anything? Thanks very much....
  9. Synaptics SMBus TouchPad driver update?

Synaptics SMBus TouchPad driver update?: Hi, I have just upgraded an HP 15-af156sa laptop to 1909 18363.815 However, the touchpad is laggy in that about every 2 secs the mouse response stops for a split second then off it goes again and so on The current driver is 19.3.31.31 but a support thread it should be...
  10. Update for Synaptics SMbus TouchPad not working

Update for Synaptics SMbus TouchPad not working: The latest Windows update included a driver for Synaptics SMbus TouchPad is not working. Version 19.0.19.70 does not work with my HP Laptop with double primary/secondary buttons. I rolled back to 19.0.19.69 which works. But Windows keep updating me with 19.0.19.70 and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to disable tapping on synaptics touchpad for levovo laptop