Windows 10: can't turn off windows startup sound

Discus and support can't turn off windows startup sound in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [ATTACH]can't tick and untick that startup sound option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SagarK_1, Feb 23, 2020.

1. SagarK_1 Win User

can't turn off windows startup sound

can't turn off windows startup sound 94b04de9-6d17-4473-a6d1-c79cd25c4162?upload=true.png can't tick and untick that startup sound option

:)

SagarK_1, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2020
  4. pigulici Win User

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

1. can't turn off windows startup sound - Similar Threads - can't turn off

2. bluetooth turns off and can't be turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth turns off and can't be turned on: Every once and a while. My Bluetooth would turn off for no reason, and when I attempt to turn it back on, it would fail to do anything. The only way i would be able to fix it was to hard reset my computer. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If not, is there an...
  3. bluetooth turns off and can't be turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth turns off and can't be turned on: Every once and a while. My Bluetooth would turn off for no reason, and when I attempt to turn it back on, it would fail to do anything. The only way i would be able to fix it was to hard reset my computer. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If not, is there an...
  4. bluetooth turns off and can't be turned on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB devices turn off at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices turn off at startup: This problem came up due to Windows updates breaking USB drivers in 2015, 2017, and 2018. Perhaps again since, these are just from the first page of Google.It seems they managed to stop breaking drivers, but never found a way to fix the problem in place. I think a program I...
  6. Revealed: Why Microsoft turned off Windows 10 startup sound by default

in Windows 10 News
    Revealed: Why Microsoft turned off Windows 10 startup sound by default: With every Windows release, Microsoft nixed quite a bit of famous features, and apparently that included startup sound. When the brand new Windows 10 or Windows 8 device power on, they don’t make the familiar startup chime we’ve come to know and love in previous versions,...
  7. Turn off screen but keep sound on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off screen but keep sound on: My lap top is connecter to big monitor with HDMI cable, and I have speakers connected to lap top. Is there a way to turn off my monitor, keeping my lap top lid closed but keeping the music going :) When I turn off my monitor audio goes from playing on speakers to playing on...
  8. Fast Startup Issue - Can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup Issue - Can't turn it off: As stated in the title. Since i got the Creators Update, my computer will not shutdown and continues to "fast startup" with all my previous windows still open, even with the setting turned off. Checked the BIOS setting for this as well and made sure it was set to 0. Really...
  9. Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Fast startup (aka: hiberboot, hybrid boot, or hybrid shutdown) is turned on by default in Windows and is a setting that helps your PC start up faster after shutdown. Even...
  10. Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Play Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10 Windows 10 can play a sound at startup to let you know it's loaded and ready. This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Windows startup sound...