Windows 10: cant turn on antivirus its gone

Discus and support cant turn on antivirus its gone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i cant even update i just get this 0x80070424 but i need help with antivirus i had a virus and my antivirus disappeared what do i do?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bashUA, Mar 9, 2020.

1. bashUA Win User

cant turn on antivirus its gone

i cant even update i just get this 0x80070424 but i need help with antivirus i had a virus and my antivirus disappeared what do i do?

:)

bashUA, Mar 9, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Mar 9, 2020
  4. cant turn on antivirus its gone

Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

cant turn on antivirus its gone

1. cant turn on antivirus its gone - Similar Threads - cant turn antivirus

2. My antivirus isnt turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My antivirus isnt turning on: My antivirus isnt turning on im using windows defender but i am not able to turn it on as it says im using a different antivirus provider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-antivirus-isnt-turning-on/4c45a5cf-3c37-4865-883b-1195a8c41ce5
  3. Cant scan with antivirus and antivirus stops working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant scan with antivirus and antivirus stops working: Hello, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro from USB and my Windows defender AntiVirus did not work. Today i typed sfc /scannow cmd found corrupted files and fixed it. Now my Antivirus works but i cant scan. After 5-10 minutes the threat service stops....
  4. I cant scan antivirus

I cant scan antivirus: Hello i reinstalled Windows 10 Pro from USB and my Windows defender AntiVirus not worked. Today i typed sfc /scannow cmd found corrupted files and fixed it. Now my Antivirus works but i cant scan. After 5-10 minutes The threat service stops. Please help me Thanks....
  5. Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus: I just deleted an antivirus software from my computer, and am unable to enable windows defender antivirus.As you can see, there is no option to enable Microsoft defender antivirus....
  6. Can't turn on Windows Antivirus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't turn on Windows Antivirus: [ATTACH] I hate 3rd party antivirus apps; they usually don't detect hidden malware in the first place. I recently got rid of Norton Security (which was pre installed on my PC) and Avast after testing it out with a few malware files (Avast and Comodo both claimed the files...
  7. cant install any antivirus

cant install any antivirus: Hi I had SuperAnti spyware trial installed, but then decided to remove it....got stuck on the uninstall 30% so used Revo uninstaller and removed recommnded `traces`....also getting annoying `Norton renew your licemce ` pop up Ad window, every so often in firefox, not sure if...
  8. Controlled folder access cant be turn on its grey

Controlled folder access cant be turn on its grey: So, Basically i had to install a software but windows defender blocked it thats why i turn it off and download and install. Since that moment i cant turn on my windows defender and its grey cant even click it. Controlled folder access is also grey i cant turn on either and...
  9. cant uninstall antivirus program

cant uninstall antivirus program: i have a free AVG antivirus program instaled and now i have purchased another and want to install it but i am not able to uninstall this AVG program...
  10. turned second router into AP and now its gone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    turned second router into AP and now its gone.: So I thought I turn my second router (r8000) into a access point (its plugged into a main modem/router) once i go into its onboard os to make it a AP it vanishes from my pc .i cant even access the interface any more. any idea whats going on? i have to hard reset my router to...