Windows 10: Cant turn on firewall

Discus and support Cant turn on firewall in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey I am sitting here with this problem where i cant turn on the firewall. Every time i try to press "use recommended settings" it says "some of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Caspoot, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Caspoot Win User

Cant turn on firewall

Hey

I am sitting here with this problem where i cant turn on the firewall. Every time i try to press "use recommended settings" it says "some of the settings werent correct and can not be changed by windows defender firewall. Error code 0x8007045b"

I have been in the service to look, but it was already set to automatic. I have also tried many different tutorials, but none of them worked.

Please help

:)

Caspoot, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Cannot turn on network firewall for windows10 - SOLVED

Hello Sabrina,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

You mean to say, the option is grayed out?

Is this started to happen recently?

What happens when you tried to turn on Firewall?

Usually, Windows Firewall shouldn't be in turn off state unless you have another firewall turned on. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your PC (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from worms or hackers.

To turn Windows Firewall on or off:

• Click Start,

• In Search, type firewall, and then select
      Windows Firewall.

• Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off on left pane. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

• Select Turn on Windows Firewall checkbox's and click
      OK

• Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your administrator.
    Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Cant turn on firewall

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Cant turn on firewall

1. Cant turn on firewall - Similar Threads - Cant turn firewall

2. i cant turn on my windows defender and firewall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i cant turn on my windows defender and firewall: i've been a lurker on reddit for years, but i made an account just so i can make this post because this issue has been bothering me a lot. ever since yesterday, my windows defender and firewall are completely unable to be turned on, if i turn the real time protection it goes...
  3. Firewall won't turn on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall won't turn on?: I am trying to turn on my firewall, but I keep getting this message. When I click use recommended settings, the error dialog box pops up. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-wont-turn-on/fd28b351-60af-4345-b841-4b185baf7f11
  4. firewall not turning on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall not turning on: I had installed an anti-virus app on my pc, before that I had turned off firewalls, because the anti-virus app keeps interrupting me; I uninstalled it. Now I get no option to turn on the Firewall due to that my network status appears as a dashed line. Also, the network...
  5. windows firewall will not turn on

windows firewall will not turn on: windows firewall is down windows defender is down . I am unable to start services nor change properties on the items also windows firewall driver is not working. every thing I try is blocked or I am not given access denied access that is ....
  6. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  7. Firewall cant be turned on (error 0x800706d9)

Firewall cant be turned on (error 0x800706d9): hello I have this problem, when I try to change settings on firewall in controll panel, I cant change anything. After I press the button (in the red circle, see the picture) this window pops up. Thanks for any help [ATTACH]...
  8. Firewall cant be turned on, error 0x8007066d9

Firewall cant be turned on, error 0x8007066d9: hello I have this problem, when I try to change settings on firewall in controll panel, I cant change anything. After I press the button (in the red circle, see the picture) this window pops up. Thanks for any help [img] 135235
  9. Firewall refusing to turn on

Firewall refusing to turn on: A while back, all my windows apps got deleted. I immediately thought it was a virus, and tried to find the cause. I deleted all my apps that weren't from trusted developers, and tried to redownload the windows store using powershell. I was given an error as my firewall was...
  10. Can't turn on Firewall

Can't turn on Firewall: After removing Norton using the Norton Removal Tool can't turn on Firewall. Windows Firewall Service is set on Automatic.Remote Procedure Call Service & the Base Filtering Engine Service is started and set on Automatic.Would you help me,please? [img] 43975