Windows 10: Can't turn on Firewall

Discus and support Can't turn on Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After removing Norton using the Norton Removal Tool can't turn on Firewall. Windows Firewall Service is set on Automatic.Remote Procedure Call Service... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by john54, Mar 13, 2016.

1. john54 Win User

Can't turn on Firewall

After removing Norton using the Norton Removal Tool can't turn on Firewall. Windows Firewall Service is set on Automatic.Remote Procedure Call Service & the Base Filtering Engine Service is started and set on Automatic.Would you help me,please?

Can't turn on Firewall [​IMG]

:)

john54, Mar 13, 2016

2. Firewall Can't Be Turned On

This didn't help

Cristian_912, Mar 13, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Firewall Can't Be Turned On

Most of us who are Insiders do not use 3rd party anti virus, I do not and I only use Windows Defender and MalwareBytes and have no problems.

The one thing you can do is to get rid of McAfee by using their Uninstalling tool.

lacrumb, Mar 13, 2016
  4. Can't turn on Firewall

Clicking User Recommended Settings does what?

garydexter, Mar 13, 2016
  5. john54 Win User
    Nothing.I see "twisting donut" for several second and nothing more.Also can't open Advanced settings (Error code 0x6D9) and other links on the left site of panel.
    Windows Firewall Service properties:

Can't turn on Firewall [​IMG]

BTW.In my Device Manager I can't see Windows Firewall Authorization Driver.Show Hidden Devices and show Devices By Connection are marked.

john54, Mar 13, 2016
  6. john54 Win User
    To bad that no one can help me to fix my issue.The reason I removed Norton from my PC was I could install new fonts.Besides've heard a lot of good things about the effectiveness of Microsoft Defender.Now it looks like I have to come back my computer to its previous state and install Norton again.Thank you for your interest in the topic.

john54, Mar 14, 2016
  7. Running SFC would not hurt, since Norton is quite messy bloatware.

SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

To make sure, that the driver is allowed to run, run this in CMD as admin:

reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\mpsdrv" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

To enable firewall and reset firewall rules:

netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state on
    netsh advfirewall reset

To remove various policies, which could prevent it from running, it will reset everything:

reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /f
    reg delete "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" /f
    reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /f
    reg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" /f

TairikuOkami, Mar 14, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Can't turn on Firewall

Your screenshot shows Service status ....... Stopped
    So, click the Start button > OK when done.

davidhk, Mar 14, 2016
  9. john54 Win User
    TairikuOkami
    I am sorry I didn't understand to much what did you write but I followed similar instruction:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-wi...local-computer
    without any success.

davidhk
    The problem is when I click Start button the Services window (exclamation mark in a yellow triangle) appears and OK button in Firewall properties window is inactive.

john54, Mar 15, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Mar 15, 2016
  11. john54 Win User
    Thank you davidhk.I have to consider it.Do you recommend refresh or reset option?

john54, Mar 15, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    I meant Repair Install. I had read that Reset did sometimes mess up the system.
    See tutorial posted earlier.

davidhk, Mar 15, 2016
  13. john54 Win User

Can't turn on Firewall

There is only one problem.My recovery and restore USB key is for Windows 8.1 (I upgraded to W10 last year).Where may I get free Windows 10 recovery & restore files?

john54, Mar 15, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    Let's get one fact clear.
    You have Windows 10 running now, yes ?
    If yes, is it activated ?

davidhk, Mar 15, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    If you are running Windows 10 and it is activated, then follow this method..............
    Please make sure you do follow it to the letter.

Use this Tech Bench link and download the Windows 10 iso file:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select Windows 10 > click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Mar 15, 2016
Thema:

Can't turn on Firewall

1. Can't turn on Firewall - Similar Threads - Can't turn Firewall

2. I can't turn my firewall on. Can't connect to wifi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn my firewall on. Can't connect to wifi.: Firewall won't turn on and can't connect to the wifi. Restarting and doing commands didn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-my-firewall-on-cant-connect-to-wifi/8dd23341-28af-499b-947c-07d367b85c9e
  3. I can't turn my firewall on. Can't connect to wifi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't turn my firewall on. Can't connect to wifi.: Firewall won't turn on and can't connect to the wifi. Restarting and doing commands didn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-my-firewall-on-cant-connect-to-wifi/8dd23341-28af-499b-947c-07d367b85c9e
  4. Can't turn on windows 10 firewall anymore!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't turn on windows 10 firewall anymore!: [ATTACH] I used a "Host Patcher" to turn off an app internet access instead of using windows 10 Firewall, and since then, "firewall" service has stopped and I couldn't use firewall... now I can't use the windows firewall to block/unblock a third-party application,...
  5. Can't Turn On Windows Defender Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Turn On Windows Defender Firewall: I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508). I'm trying to start the Windows Defender Firewall service but seems to be imposible. I tried these: 1. Run Windows Troubleshooter (this is joke app!) 2. Checked Windows Defender Firewall Service's Properties....
  6. Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YoshiKombat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiel27/firewall_is_turned_off_and_i_cant_turn_it_back_on/
  7. i can't turn on firewall!

i can't turn on firewall!: hello, i need some help with windows security and I can't turn on all 3 firewalls... for some reason. it doesn't show anything when i click on one of the 3. no errors, no change at all! can anyone tell me what i should do?...
  8. firewall not turning on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall not turning on: I had installed an anti-virus app on my pc, before that I had turned off firewalls, because the anti-virus app keeps interrupting me; I uninstalled it. Now I get no option to turn on the Firewall due to that my network status appears as a dashed line. Also, the network...
  9. Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall

Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall: Hello, after a prompt saying me to allow registry to be ran, it restarted my pc, after that restart i've noticed that I can't turn my firewall on, code error 0x80070422, after seeing a tutorial online to change a setting on the windows firewall service, i noticed that there...
  10. can't turn windows firewall on

can't turn windows firewall on: hello how are you every one *_< here is my problem my windows fire wall won't turn on no matter what i do i tried every thing i found on the internet but with no help at all i went to services and clicked on start but every time i do it i get this error [img] and of course...