Windows 10: Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10

Discus and support Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Settings : Some of theses setting are hiddenen or managed by your organization Windows 10 20H2 Latest updates Applied. Single User System in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lang-7777, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Lang-7777 Win User

Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10

In Settings : Some of theses setting are hiddenen or managed by your organization Windows 10 20H2 Latest updates Applied. Single User System in USAGeolocation is running automatic in Services . Tried Ifsvc registry delete and other suggestion and no luck.

:)

Lang-7777, Jun 1, 2021

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Windows 10 location Service

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.
    • Are you using domain network?

Location controls might be turned off or on, and you may be unable to change these settings, if you’re using a device assigned to you by your workplace, or if you’re using a personal device at your workplace. If that’s the case, Some settings are managed
    by your organization will appear at the top of the location settings page.

I would suggest you to follow the below path and check if it helps.

• Select the Start icon on your taskbar, and then select Settings > Privacy > Location.

I would suggest you to check if the Geo Location service is enabled and started. If not you have to Enable and start the service. follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Geo Location services.
    • Right click on it.
    • Go to properties and change start up type to automatic.
    I would also suggest you to check refer the suggestions from the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/location-service-privacy

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10

Unable to turn on Location in Windows 10

Hello,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

• Did you check if the same issue occurs when you log in to Windows using a different Local Administrator user account?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the steps to try and fix the issue:

Step 1:

Follow the steps to change the region:

a) Type “Region” on the Search and click on
    Change your country or region option from the search results.

b) Now choose the location from the drop down menu to change the region. (As per your location)

Move to the next step.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to turn On Windows location platform on the computer and check if it helps.

You can follow the steps:

a) Type

b) Click on
    Change Location settings

c) Check the box which states “Turn ON Windows location platform” and “Help improve Windows Location services”.

e) Click on Apply.

Proceed to the next step.

Step 3:

If you are trying to use location settings for an app, I would suggest you to turn ON the settings to allow apps to use the location on the computer.

Follow the steps:

a) Type
    l
    ocation on the Search.

b) Click on
    Location privacy settings

c) Move the slider towards the right to turn ON settings for ‘Let Windows apps use my location’.

Restart the computer once after making the changes.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Location service in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10

1. Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cant turn Location

2. I can't turn on location services.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn on location services.: I'm not controlled by any organization but it shows up and won't let me turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-location-services/d3816d26-aa8a-46c3-b26f-6c080a47e47e
  3. I can't turn on location services.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't turn on location services.: I'm not controlled by any organization but it shows up and won't let me turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-location-services/d3816d26-aa8a-46c3-b26f-6c080a47e47e
  4. Location services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location services: You ask microsoft for instructions. Microsoft responds with questions. I do not believe microsoft tech support people know how to resolve any issue I cannot set my location I cannot install updates I look at tutorials and people asks questios and then microsoft agents ask...
  5. Location services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location services: You ask microsoft for instructions. Microsoft responds with questions. I do not believe microsoft tech support people know how to resolve any issue I cannot set my location I cannot install updates I look at tutorials and people asks questios and then microsoft agents ask...
  6. Cant turn off location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant turn off location: My location is always on. When i go to settings and then privacy and click location the settings closes by itself submitted by /u/fizzy2001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gi08ai/cant_turn_off_location/
  7. Windows Location Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Location Service: Hi Is there a way to explicitly set or check from where the Windows Location Service obtains the position? I'm asking because I'm trying to use a Navilock NL-602U receiver u-blox 6 chip . It shows up in the device manager under Sensors as "u-blox 6 GPS Location Sensor"....
  8. Windows location Services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows location Services: Hi Gurus, I am looking to find out if windows geo services write any logs or any logging can be enabled. Service is set to manual (trigger start) so is there any way we can find out what application is actually starting the service. When we go to Privacy Location...
  9. Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 Some apps need to know when youre in a specific location to work correctly. For instance, if youve asked an app to remind you to buy bread when youre in the...
  10. Location Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Location Service: I have location for device ON, location for maps ON. When I try to show my location in Map I get the following message: We're not allowed to find you, Location settings are turned off for Maps. To help us find you, change this in Settings. Anyone know how to fix this? 42317