Windows 10: Can't turn on "Loudness Equalization" for my headset

Discus and support Can't turn on "Loudness Equalization" for my headset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had Loudness Equalization enabled in Sound>Properties>Enhancements for my old headphones on my desktop and I've done this with my the newest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nostalja, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Nostalja Win User

Can't turn on "Loudness Equalization" for my headset

I've had Loudness Equalization enabled in Sound>Properties>Enhancements for my old headphones on my desktop and I've done this with my the newest headset as well on my laptop Which runs windows 11, which in both cases the Enhancement tab showed in order to enable Loudness Equalization. Moving away from my old headset and trying to use my new headset on my desktop, for some reason, the enhancement tab does not exist for the new headset. Trying to troubleshoot this by changing and updating my Realtekr Audio drivers was to no avail, as well as a few other possible solutions I could find

:)

Nostalja, Jun 30, 2022

2. loudness equalization keeps being turned off

This last week, my computer keeps turning the Loudness Equalization setting off. Is there any way to stop this?

JMFJMFJMFJMF, Jun 30, 2022
  3. BramSmits Win User
    Loudness Equalization issue

Just wanted to give a quick update to let you know that unfortunately, the 'loudness' option in the Waves MaxxAudio equalizer does not even come close to the loudness equalization windows used to have. For the time being, I'm using my old laptop for anything I need good sound for.

If anyone knows of a way to get my loudness equalization back, please let me know.

BramSmits, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't find loudness equalization

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to get proper audio output levels on certain videos.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of file that you are playing. As you have mentioned that you are unable to find Loudness equalization, I would like to inform that certain audio devices and audio card does not provide the Audio Enhancements
    options.

However, you may want to have a look at the Sound Control panel, and see if Loudness Equalization Enhancement is available. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

Can't turn on "Loudness Equalization" for my headset 4cab7dad-768d-4d38-813d-9d8c8528a573?upload=true.png

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

We can try to use an alternate audio driver and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on Realtek Audio and select
      Update Driver.
    4. Select Browse my computer for Driver Software.
    5. In the next screen, select Let me pick from a list of available drivers.
    6. Check the box Show Compatible Hardware and select
      High Definition Audio Device.
    7. Click on Yes if you get any prompt.
    If you do not see any change, you can use Update Driver option and Search automatically to revert to Realtek driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Can't turn on "Loudness Equalization" for my headset - Similar Threads - Can't turn Loudness

2. Loudness equalizer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loudness equalizer: After I installed the HyperX NGenuity App all the enhanced Audio settings like Loudness equalisation, bass boost, virtual suround, room correction were gone. The weird thing is I can still see the enhancements tab, but its empty. Can someone pls help me?...
  3. Loudness equalizer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loudness equalizer: After I installed the HyperX NGenuity App all the enhanced Audio settings like Loudness equalisation, bass boost, virtual suround, room correction were gone. The weird thing is I can still see the enhancements tab, but its empty. Can someone pls help me?...
  4. Can't turn on "Loudness Equalization" for my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't turn on "Loudness Equalization" for my headset: I've had Loudness Equalization enabled in Sound>Properties>Enhancements for my old headphones on my desktop and I've done this with my the newest headset as well on my laptop Which runs windows 11, which in both cases the Enhancement tab showed in order to enable Loudness...
  5. Can't turn on "Loudness Equalization" for my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on "Loudness Equalization" for my headset: I've had Loudness Equalization enabled in Sound>Properties>Enhancements for my old headphones on my desktop and I've done this with my the newest headset as well on my laptop Which runs windows 11, which in both cases the Enhancement tab showed in order to enable Loudness...
  6. cannot find loudness equalization

cannot find loudness equalization: [ATTACH]I was having problems when talking to my friends because the volume would get extremely loud, I know what I need yo change, but I'm having trouble finding it....
  7. Loudness Equalization issue

Loudness Equalization issue: Hi all, I recently ordered my new Dell Inspiron 15 5501, and ever since I've been browsing this and many other forums to fix a very annoying audio issue, unfortunately to no avail. I'm going to try my best to explain the issue but please bear with me. I've been able to...
  8. problem with loudness equalization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problem with loudness equalization: I have two problems with loudness equalization when I'm watching a movie or video over K-lite with loudness equalization On the sound goes up and sounds high, when turning it off the sound goes quieter than with ON, the opposite happens when listening to music on Spotify or...
  9. Loudness Equalization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Loudness Equalization: Hi, Should I use loudness Equalization for my external 5.1 speakers? Is loudness Equalization only for night or it can be used for any time of the day and or any type of media? submitted by /u/xJayce98x [link] [comments]...
  10. Can't find loudness equalization

Can't find loudness equalization: I have a new XPS 13 (9380) with RealTek Audio. I can't find loudness equalization and I get widely fluctuating volumes even with the same video. In the mixer, output levels never approach the max on certain videos. [ATTACH]...