Windows 10: Can't Turn On Real-Time Protection, has a "This setting is managed by your administrator"...

Discus and support Can't Turn On Real-Time Protection, has a "This setting is managed by your administrator"... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't turn on my real-time protection and it is saying "This setting is managed by your administrator". I reformatted my pc once because of this and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NotRudolf, Sep 18, 2021.

1. NotRudolf Win User

Can't Turn On Real-Time Protection, has a "This setting is managed by your administrator"...

I can't turn on my real-time protection and it is saying "This setting is managed by your administrator". I reformatted my pc once because of this and now this has been my problem again.

:)

NotRudolf, Sep 18, 2021

2. I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Cant turn on real time protection

I’m not sure what’s going on there, but you might want to run some scans in order to make sure that malware hasn’t assumed the role of administrator and turned off Defender’s real-time protection with Group Policy:

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool:

Kaspersky Removal Tool 2015

Emsisoft Emergency Kit:

Emsisoft - Emergency Kit: Free Portable Malware Scan and Removal

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free version only):

Antivirus for Windows 10 | Windows Antivirus | Malwarebytes Windows 10

Eset Online Scanner:

http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

Some other trusted third-party malware-removal tools are listed here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...al-tools/d824b9af-ebd8-4c47-94e2-8ee6c544c100

Then you can use these REG commands to toggle the Group Policy setting for Windows Defender’s real-time protection.

Click on the Start button and select Windows Powershell (Admin) and then copy, paste, and enter the command:

Turn off Windows Defender’s real-time protection:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Real-Time Protection" /v DisableRealtimeMonitoring /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Turn on Windows Defender’s real-time protection:

REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Real-Time Protection" /v DisableRealtimeMonitoring

GreginMich, Sep 18, 2021
  4. JhakeSong Win User

Can't Turn On Real-Time Protection, has a "This setting is managed by your administrator"...

real-time protection

Hi Zmnakohama,

This is Will C an Independent Advisor and I will be happy to assist you with this. I understand that you are trying to disable realtime protection from Windows Defender.

Try these steps to disable the Real Time Protection feature of Windows Defender.

First, in newer version of windows there is a feature called Tamper Protection, this has to be turned off first, otherwise real time protection will just come back on sometime.

To turn Tamper Protection OFF:

1) Go to Windows Security ( just type Windows Security in the search box)

2) Under Virus & threat protection, look for Virus & threat protection settings then go to Manage settings

3) Switch Tamper Protection to Off

To disable real-time protection:

1) Open Local Group Policy Editor (search gpedit by typing it in the search box)

2) Go to Computer Configuration then Administrative Templates

3) Under Windows Components, go to Microsoft Defender Antivirus then Real-time Protection

4) Enable Turn off real-time protection

5) Finally, Reboot

Hope this helps. Have a great day!

JhakeSong, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't Turn On Real-Time Protection, has a "This setting is managed by your administrator"... - Similar Threads - Can't Turn Real

2. How to turn off Real Time Protection setting - managed by Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off Real Time Protection setting - managed by Admin: Hello,I'm trying to turn off Real-Time Protection on a windows server 2019 on Azure.The option to turn this off is greyed out and at the top is "This setting is managed by your administrator"Can you assist in helping to turn this off?I suppose it is related to Defender for...
  3. How to turn off Real Time Protection setting - managed by Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off Real Time Protection setting - managed by Admin: Hello,I'm trying to turn off Real-Time Protection on a windows server 2019 on Azure.The option to turn this off is greyed out and at the top is "This setting is managed by your administrator"Can you assist in helping to turn this off?I suppose it is related to Defender for...
  4. Can't turn on Real Time Protection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on Real Time Protection.: I'm trying to everything way but it's not working. So what can I do for next step?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-real-time-protection/a1cea8aa-a6a8-4eea-bad7-36d05d20a20b
  5. Can't turn on Real Time Protection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn on Real Time Protection.: I'm trying to everything way but it's not working. So what can I do for next step?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-real-time-protection/a1cea8aa-a6a8-4eea-bad7-36d05d20a20b
  6. Can't turn off real-time protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn off real-time protection: I can't turn off the real-time protection or other options in Virus $ threat protection settings. I tried to use gpedit but didn't work either. I realized that I can't use some other functions like protection history still see the list of actions, but can't interact or...
  7. Can't turn off real-time protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't turn off real-time protection: I can't turn off the real-time protection or other options in Virus $ threat protection settings. I tried to use gpedit but didn't work either. I realized that I can't use some other functions like protection history still see the list of actions, but can't interact or...
  8. Can't turn on Real-time protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't turn on Real-time protection: [ATTACH] Hi. I was trying to manually scan an .exe file today and couldn't find the option when right clicking.. this prompted me to go into Windows Security and here I found out Real-time protection to be turned off and grayed out. Starting any scan through Virus and...
  9. can't turn on real time protection

can't turn on real time protection: my real time protection is not turning ON, no matter what i do and try, i hv tried many ways and have cleaned my system with best of my knowledge.......i need asistance and help...
  10. Can't turn on real time protection

Can't turn on real time protection: I'm trying, but i just can't turn on real time protection. Here is what is happening https://streamable.com/l7mbsi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-real-time-protection/62860614-9210-4012-ae76-27e724554f44