Windows 10: Can't turn on real time protection on windows defender

Discus and support Can't turn on real time protection on windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After updating Windows 10 2004 with 2020-09 update and the windows defender security updates the defender real time prtection gets deactivated and can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dehade, Oct 11, 2020.

1. dehade Win User

Can't turn on real time protection on windows defender

After updating Windows 10 2004 with 2020-09 update and the windows defender security updates the defender real time prtection gets deactivated and can not be activated again.

If i try to activate it through the slider, i got the message for app changes. If i confirm this the slider got back to out.

I already tried a in place update - no changes.

No external antivirus has been installed on the system.

:)

dehade, Oct 11, 2020
  2. josh1221 Win User

Windows Defender Real-time Protection will not turn on

I've done the exact same steps and same for me. Still won't turn on. Anyone have a way to muscle defender into turning on real-time protection?

josh1221, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection

Hi guys, I'm a bit desperate here right now. *Confused

I have the same problem that this guy over here. I'm running Windows 10 Home x64, version 1607, build 14393.0.

I had to restore the PC to a previous point because I ****ed up some drivers. Then my AV (Bitdefender Free) started having some issues (they gui didn't display correctly) so I decided to uninstall it and just go with Windows Defender.

The problem is I can't get it to work... I get a notification in the Action Center saying to turn on the virus protection, when I click it, Windows Defender goes green(PC status: protected, Real time protection: on) for a second and then goes yellow again (PC status: Windows Defender is OFF, Real time protection: Handled by another AV program) and I get the notification again. If instead of clicking the notification I click "Turn on" on the Windows Defender gui, Windows opens another window, "Apps & Features" in settings, like asking me to uninstall the other, nonexistent AV.

Now, I've tried a lot of things...

• Of course, I have completely uninstalled Bitdefender. I used the official tool provided by them for this. There is nothing in the registry by bitdefender nor any file or folder by that name in my PC.

• I have tried every step listed here.

• I have tried to install another AV (Avast) and the uninstall it to see if this would "reset" somehow windows defender. (Nope.)

• I have run MBAM and nothing pops-up

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender there is noDisableAntiSpyware key. But in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender there is a DisableAntiSpyware key and its value is 0. (Not sure if this is important but wanted to give you the info.)

Anyone has any idea? Right now I'm thinking of downloading another AV or just go without any and be done with it. *Huh

ThunderRoad, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Can't turn on real time protection on windows defender

I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't turn on real time protection on windows defender

1. Can't turn on real time protection on windows defender - Similar Threads - Can't turn real

2. Can't turn on Real Time Protection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn on Real Time Protection.: I'm trying to everything way but it's not working. So what can I do for next step?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-real-time-protection/a1cea8aa-a6a8-4eea-bad7-36d05d20a20b
  3. Can't turn on Real-time protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't turn on Real-time protection: [ATTACH] Hi. I was trying to manually scan an .exe file today and couldn't find the option when right clicking.. this prompted me to go into Windows Security and here I found out Real-time protection to be turned off and grayed out. Starting any scan through Virus and...
  4. can't turn on real time protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't turn on real time protection: my real time protection is not turning ON, no matter what i do and try, i hv tried many ways and have cleaned my system with best of my knowledge.......i need asistance and help...
  5. Can't turn on real time protection on windows defender

Can't turn on real time protection on windows defender: Since my pc was working slowly for the whole day so I thought of scanning it. When I opened my windows defender it asked for an update. At that time my real time protection was turned on. After that first I completed scanning and then updated virus and spyware definition....
  6. Windows Defender real-time protection can't be turned on

Windows Defender real-time protection can't be turned on: Recently did a full scan of my laptop and Windows Defender (WD) found some malware. Removed everything in the History tab of WD and restarted my laptop. When opening WD after the restart, got the message "Some history items could not be displayed. Please wait a few minutes...
  7. Still the real-time protection on Windows Defender can't turned on.

Still the real-time protection on Windows Defender can't turned on.: Hi, fellas! A few days ago when I was experiencing error code 0x800705b4 while I'm trying to turning on real-time protection on Windows Defender. Even I turn off and off in settings, it still gets that error code. Any troubleshooting tips or solutions? Thanks in advance....
  8. Windows Defender not turning on real time protection

Windows Defender not turning on real time protection: I cant seem to solve the problem even after following all the steps given in the Microsoft support page. I haven't seen any other antivirus softwares installed and still can't have access to my windows defender. Any solutions?...
  9. Windows Defender not turning on real time protection

Windows Defender not turning on real time protection: I cant seem to solve the problem even after following all the steps given in the Microsoft support page. I haven't seen any other antivirus softwares installed and still can't have access to my windows defender. Any solutions?...
  10. Can't Turn On my Windows Defender Real Time Protection

Can't Turn On my Windows Defender Real Time Protection: For ages now, I've been unable to turn on my Windows Defender Real-Time Protection. I've tried everything including Disk Cleanup, system restore points, running several different antivirus programs for threats (after discovering last week I had a Trojan on my PC only 24 hours...