Windows 10: Can't turn on,scan or any other thing through Windows Defender

Discus and support Can't turn on,scan or any other thing through Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't scan through my windows defender even I can't see the scan dialogue windows.When I tried to turn it on then the following windows have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MahdiMahi, Feb 12, 2019.

1. MahdiMahi Win User

Can't turn on,scan or any other thing through Windows Defender

I can't scan through my windows defender even I can't see the scan dialogue windows.When I tried to turn it on then the following windows have shown... Can't turn on,scan or any other thing through Windows Defender fc6386ae-f8fe-4d00-9aef-940c31439a79?upload=true.png Can't turn on,scan or any other thing through Windows Defender 7e68cb07-fbad-4f92-b42d-a9341def67fe?upload=true.png Can't turn on,scan or any other thing through Windows Defender 6823c958-b8b0-4f46-8316-dbd98b1d043b?upload=true.png

:)

MahdiMahi, Feb 12, 2019

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 12, 2019
  3. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Can't turn on,scan or any other thing through Windows Defender

Windows Defender for Windows 10 will not turn on for Occasional Scanning

Windows Defender for Windows 10 will not turn on for Occasional Scanning on my PC. I have WebRoot SecureAnywhere for as my main antivirus software. If I change the settings in Windows Defender Security Center to turn to Occasional Scanning to ON, and Click
    OK in UAC, as soon as I do that, Windows Defender Security Center Occasional Scanning turns OFF.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks.

dayhiker4k, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Can't turn on,scan or any other thing through Windows Defender

1. Can't turn on,scan or any other thing through Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Can't turn scan

2. Why can't I turn Smartscreen or any other Microsoft Defender settings off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I turn Smartscreen or any other Microsoft Defender settings off?: I recently wanted to download an application that I have used on prior devices but isn't approved by Microsoft - a 'zine maker' if that helps. I tried to disable Smartscreen so I could get it, but when I tried to turn off 'Smartscreen for Microsoft Edge' it wouldn't let me....
  3. Why can't I turn Smartscreen or any other Microsoft Defender settings off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I turn Smartscreen or any other Microsoft Defender settings off?: I recently wanted to download an application that I have used on prior devices but isn't approved by Microsoft - a 'zine maker' if that helps. I tried to disable Smartscreen so I could get it, but when I tried to turn off 'Smartscreen for Microsoft Edge' it wouldn't let me....
  4. Why can't I turn Smartscreen or any other Microsoft Defender settings off?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Defender Periodic Scan keeps turning on.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Periodic Scan keeps turning on.: Hello, I use Bitdefender AV, and since a couple of weeks, the system sometimes shows the Windows Defender Scan notification on startup. I disable it, but it keeps turining on.I said since a couple of weeks, because I suspect some Windows Update changed/screwed something. I...
  6. Can't turn on Windows Defender

Can't turn on Windows Defender: I can't turn anything within security on, or even see anything in the Windows Security tab. please watch the attached video. Btw yes, I am on an administrator profile.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx9uPDXXe7E...
  7. can't turn off windows defender periodic scanning

can't turn off windows defender periodic scanning: Hello, I turned on windows defender periodic scanning just to test it, but when I went back into settings to turn it off again, the settings options had changed and the toggle switch had disappeared, so it is no longer possible to switch it off. I've tried to follow the...
  8. Can't turn on Windows Defender

Can't turn on Windows Defender: When I try to access Defender I just get a message saying there is no app to open it and try the Windows Store. Then that draws a blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-turn-on-windows-defender/717b0d90-3abf-4e71-a4c2-329d7ef24827
  9. Can't turn on Windows Defender

Can't turn on Windows Defender: In Windows security, it says it is being managed by my organization?? How do I change this so that I can use Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-windows-defender/93ca22d3-4d33-4a4d-b51f-99413768d891"
  10. Can't turn on Windows Defender

Can't turn on Windows Defender: When I try to turn on Windows Defender I get an error message about another program not allowing Defender to turn on with directions to go to the action center to resolve the issue. The action center gives me a list of over 3000 files. Further delving into the settings says...