Windows 10: Can't turn on wi-fi (slider will not allow me)

Discus and support Can't turn on wi-fi (slider will not allow me) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, so I've been troubleshooting with an issue I discovered this morning. Here's the issue; my computer won't allow me to use the silder or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnBuck35, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Can't turn on wi-fi (slider will not allow me)

Hey guys, so I've been troubleshooting with an issue I discovered this morning. Here's the issue; my computer won't allow me to use the silder or the shortcut to turn on the wi-fi. It's not a specific network issue (wrong password etc...) I've restarted my computer a couple times and the same problem persists. Any possible solutions?

:)

JohnBuck35, Apr 10, 2019

2. Cannot turn on wi fi

I just reset a Dell laptop for the 3rd time. For some reason I cannot connect to my wi fi network. When I go into Settings and Wi Fi, the option is to manually turn on the wi fi and the "On" slider to turn on the wi fi will not stay "On"....it just keeps
    sliding back to "Off". I have run numerous diagnostics and it will not even recognize my network. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am frustrated beyond belief...saw the same issue on this Forum and followed the suggestions and still cannot manually
    connect to the wi fi netowrk.

Thank you so much in advance.

LindaSchrieberg1, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Can't turn on wi-fi (slider will not allow me)

Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues

As the title of the post says, my laptop's Wi-Fi will not turn on. When I hovered over the Wi-Fi button in the corner it said that it was connected to the network but had no internet access, which was a little strange. My dad's tablet is on the same network and his is working just fine (I'm using his tablet to type this post). So I tried to reboot my laptop to see if the "try turning it off an on again" adage would work, and after rebooting the computer, now the Wi-Fi won't turn on at all. Not in the sense that it won't connect to the network, but in the sense that the slider to actually turn on Wi-Fi does not work. I tried to do a system restore on the laptop, but now it seems like I completely lost Wi-Fi capability! Not only that but now there are a slew of other problems. The Wi-Fi slider is gone, the start menu won't open, and worst of all, my computer doesn't think I'm an administrator anymore. I'm completely distressed because my homework and my music is on that computer and I'm at my wit's end.

SidearmSinker49, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Can't turn on wi-fi (slider will not allow me)

1. Can't turn on wi-fi (slider will not allow me) - Similar Threads - Can't turn slider

2. Wi-Fi won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi won’t turn on: The Wi-Fi on my sisters laptop turned off by itself and won’t turn back on, she restarted it multiple times and it still wont work. There is no option to turn it on and troubleshooting does not work. How do I fix this? Other devices in the household do not have this problem....
  3. No option to turn Wi-Fi on

No option to turn Wi-Fi on: I don't have any issue with my connection until today when I turned off my wi-fi I tried to connect again but the option turns it on is now missing. O got to settings and follow the troubleshooter, but it won't work. Restarting PC does not help either....
  4. No option to turn Wi-Fi on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No option to turn Wi-Fi on: I don't have any issue with my connection until today when I turned off my wi-fi I tried to connect again but the option turns it on is now missing. O got to settings and follow the troubleshooter, but it won't work. Restarting PC does not help either....
  5. wi-fi ot turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wi-fi ot turning on: hello, my wi-fi isn't going on. I tried to turn it on with the button, within the option but still not working. I tried to reinstall network adapters with no success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-ot-turning-on/ef186c95-84d1-480d-9cae-0576adeccf9a
  6. wi-fi ot turning on

wi-fi ot turning on: hello, my wi-fi isn't going on. I tried to turn it on with the button, within the option but still not working. I tried to reinstall network adapters with no success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-ot-turning-on/ef186c95-84d1-480d-9cae-0576adeccf9a
  7. wi-fi ot turning on

8. Wi-Fi won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi won’t turn on: It used to be working until now. The Wi-Fi is grey and won’t turn on. On settings I turn it on and it gets blue saying it’s on but it isn’t. On services I tried disabling WLAN AutoConfig and turn it back on but won’t work. I also tried uninstalling all the network adaptares...
  9. WI-FI turn off

WI-FI turn off: HI how can Iturn on The WI-FI on my laptop HP Pavilion dv6929nr Notebook PC? iput the Network security ey ,but ican't connect to the wi fiItroubleshooting ,a red Xsay that i have not preferret wireless network, Idon't know how this is hapen,is work good with the etherne...
  10. Can't turn off Wi-Fi

Can't turn off Wi-Fi: I am using Windows 10, and I have Ethernet. I cannot turn off my Wi-Fi, and I've already looked it up for an hour with no results helping. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cant-turn-off-wi-fi/b684c9a4-b3c5-4418-8f80-9c4ab65ae096

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop will not allow me to turn on wifi