Windows 10: Can't turn on wifi - Windows 10

Discus and support Can't turn on wifi - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since I 'Upgraded' to windows 10 from 7 I've had a whole bunch of problems... most of which were corrupt files, bluescreens, etc, etc etc. I even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pilot_dogefsx, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Can't turn on wifi - Windows 10

Ever since I 'Upgraded' to windows 10 from 7 I've had a whole bunch of problems... most of which were corrupt files, bluescreens, etc, etc etc. I even had to take it to a tech shop. But after that, it still runs. But when I turned off the wifi for the day and when I got back home, I tried to turn on the internet but it doesn't work. From settings or the taskbar, it won't work. I'm planning to get a new pc but that's months away. Any answers on solutions to this? I've tried sfc/scannow but it found some corrupt files but it could not fix some of the files. Before I upgraded to 2004 it could not find any structural integrity violations. But the update caused more corruption.

PC: Elitebook 8460p

:)

pilot_dogefsx, Feb 27, 2021
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Gani 5A6 Win User
    my wifi is not turning on

So I have an dell i5 laptop t. It came with Windows 10

Can't turn on wifi - Windows 10 109d03db-4355-43a0-8733-0e564d565ee8.png
    . It had been working perfectly until yesterday. All of a sudden Windows would not allow me to turn wifi on and thus was stuck in airplane mode.
    If you went to the wifi settings and turned it on the switch would just move right back to the off position.

I tried every suggestion I could find on the internet to resolve it (I don't have a wired connection available so had to research on my phone) and nothing worked. The things I have tried are as follows:

• Restart
    • Had windows attempt to diagnose and repair the connection. Every time ti diagnosed that wifi was turned off so it's solution was to turn on wifi which it seemed to do. Then on the part where it validates that the fix worked, the wifi had turned itself back
      off and thus validation failed.

Gani 5A6, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Cvrk Win User

Can't turn on wifi - Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Can't turn on wifi - Windows 10 [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

Can't turn on wifi - Windows 10

1. Can't turn on wifi - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't turn wifi

2. Can't turn on wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on wifi: Can't turn on wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-wifi/8bd13f31-bbf9-4cdf-a87a-82df9996fef5
  3. Can't turn on wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn on wifi: Can't turn on wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-wifi/8bd13f31-bbf9-4cdf-a87a-82df9996fef5
  4. Wifi connection can't be turned on in Windows10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection can't be turned on in Windows10.: My niece got a Lenovo laptop from her mom who works in Bahrain. The laptop was working fine when it was in Bahrain but now that it's in the Philippines, the wifi connection can't be turned on. Running ipconfig shows "wireless lan adapter wifi media disconnected". There is no...
  5. Wifi connection can't be turned on in Windows10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connection can't be turned on in Windows10.: My niece got a Lenovo laptop from her mom who works in Bahrain. The laptop was working fine when it was in Bahrain but now that it's in the Philippines, the wifi connection can't be turned on. Running ipconfig shows "wireless lan adapter wifi media disconnected". There is no...
  6. Wifi connection can't be turned on in Windows10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi not turning on in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi not turning on in windows 10: My wifi is not turning on in windows 10 done every trouble shoot but still it is not working please help me in this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-turning-on-in-windows-10/3871040f-4589-405c-afb0-99ff0b261a60
  8. Wifi turns is and can't reset, Windows 10

Wifi turns is and can't reset, Windows 10: So in April, all of sudden my wifi starts to turn off and turns back on. Never did it before. I updated it and still happens. I tried so many ways to fix it but nothing worked. I got it in Dec 2017. It's an HP laptop. I will look the model number and tell u guys. Also tried...
  9. WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on

WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on: I've been on the forums trying to find a way to fix this issue. Windows 10 updated on October 22. My wifi disabled on the same day (adapter is a Centrino n-6205). All attempts to get the wifi to turn on were stymied. I thought perhaps windows 7 still loaded might be causing...
  10. Wifi Not turning on in Windows 10

Wifi Not turning on in Windows 10: Hello, I recently updated my windows 10 to version 1809 and now my wifi is not working. It is turned off in settings and when I turn it on it automatically turns off again. I have tried running the troubleshooter, uninstalling and reinstalling the wifi driver but none seemed...