Windows 10: Can't turn on windows 10 firewall anymore!

Discus and support Can't turn on windows 10 firewall anymore! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I used a "Host Patcher" to turn off an app internet access instead of using windows 10 Firewall, and since then, "firewall" service has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/majd-haj-hmedy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Can't turn on windows 10 firewall anymore!

Can't turn on windows 10 firewall anymore! K1eyqnN-HPvievNkv33CxU08hJsqW8Aa-oi6--hSh14.jpg

I used a "Host Patcher" to turn off an app internet access instead of using windows 10 Firewall, and since then, "firewall" service has stopped and I couldn't use firewall...

now I can't use the windows firewall to block/unblock a third-party application,

Questions:

First of all, is it bad to have firewall disabled?

second, how do I turn it back on?

I'll post an image of the problem too.

also, I'm Sorry if I had any English errors, cause my native language isn't English

https://preview.redd.it/531yrweznva...bp&s=7393a7637e7c7e3e9c78c1b5455009a78a17d583

submitted by /u/majd-haj-hmedy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/majd-haj-hmedy, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Windows 10 Creator's Update and Windows Firewall

Hello,

We suggest contacting your contacting your Local Network Admin to help you in making sure that your Firewall stays turned off since that you are under a network or domain.

You can make Windows 10 stop notifying you that the Firewall is turned off by following these steps:

• Click Start or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left-side of the window, click Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Uncheck Network firewall.

NOTE: Please remember that turning off the Firewall has its risks and is highly advised that you turn it on. Follow this
      article for more information what a Firewall is and what it can do.

Let us know if there's anything else you need of help.

Ian Ser, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Can't turn on windows 10 firewall anymore!

Firewall Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• How are you exactly trying to turn on Windows Firewall?
    • In which step are you facing the issue?

You may refer the following article:

Windows Firewall from start to finish

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/Windows-Firewall-from-start-to-finish

(Applicable for Windows 10)

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Can't turn on windows 10 firewall anymore!

1. Can't turn on windows 10 firewall anymore! - Similar Threads - Can't turn firewall

2. My computer got hacked, and I can't turn on my firewall anymore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer got hacked, and I can't turn on my firewall anymore: Since there is people talk in my headphone, I know that my computer got hacked, and then i can't turn on my firewall again, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-computer-got-hacked-and-i-cant-turn-on-my/c53a5235-b748-42a3-8613-8dbddbe5e9cc
  3. Can't Turn On Windows Defender Firewall

Can't Turn On Windows Defender Firewall: I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508). I'm trying to start the Windows Defender Firewall service but seems to be imposible. I tried these: 1. Run Windows Troubleshooter (this is joke app!) 2. Checked Windows Defender Firewall Service's Properties....
  4. Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YoshiKombat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiel27/firewall_is_turned_off_and_i_cant_turn_it_back_on/
  5. i can't turn on firewall!

i can't turn on firewall!: hello, i need some help with windows security and I can't turn on all 3 firewalls... for some reason. it doesn't show anything when i click on one of the 3. no errors, no change at all! can anyone tell me what i should do?...
  6. Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall

Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall: Hello, after a prompt saying me to allow registry to be ran, it restarted my pc, after that restart i've noticed that I can't turn my firewall on, code error 0x80070422, after seeing a tutorial online to change a setting on the windows firewall service, i noticed that there...
  7. Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off: Windows 10 Pro r1903 Recently recovered from failing hard disk. After data recovery (onto new hard drive), this computer could not been seen by others in the same network. I could not even ping it. Network discovery on.... the usual was checked. Then research says check the...
  8. can't turn windows firewall on

can't turn windows firewall on: hello how are you every one *_< here is my problem my windows fire wall won't turn on no matter what i do i tried every thing i found on the internet but with no help at all i went to services and clicked on start but every time i do it i get this error [img] and of course...
  9. Can't turn on Firewall

Can't turn on Firewall: After removing Norton using the Norton Removal Tool can't turn on Firewall. Windows Firewall Service is set on Automatic.Remote Procedure Call Service & the Base Filtering Engine Service is started and set on Automatic.Would you help me,please? [img] 43975
  10. Windows 10 Firewall will not turn on.

Windows 10 Firewall will not turn on.: I have a ZBOX, which came with Windows 7 installed. This was updated to Windows 10 a few weeks before the free offer ran out & was running fine. Recently, I started getting the error message that Windows Firewall wasn't running & to tap to start it. When I do so, I get...