Windows 10: Can't Turn On Windows Defender Firewall

Discus and support Can't Turn On Windows Defender Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508). I'm trying to start the Windows Defender Firewall service but seems to be imposible. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by D a n, Oct 6, 2020.

1. D a n Win User

Can't Turn On Windows Defender Firewall

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508).
    I'm trying to start the Windows Defender Firewall service but seems to be imposible.
    I tried these:
    1. Run Windows Troubleshooter (this is joke app!)
    2. Checked Windows Defender Firewall Service's Properties. Service is stopped!
    3. Edited Windows Registry and added full rights for ALL in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
    4. Tried to enable Windows Defender Firewall Using Command Prompt
    5. Tried to "Restore Firewalls To Default" from Settings.

No more ideas, could you please help me?

Can't Turn On Windows Defender Firewall [​IMG]

:)

D a n, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

You can turn off and reset Windows Defender Firewall from:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click on System and Security.
    3. Click on Windows Firewall.

FreeBooter, Oct 6, 2020
  4. jvallee Win User

Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

No I cannot. I get various errors...

jvallee, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't Turn On Windows Defender Firewall - Similar Threads - Can't Turn Defender

2. I Can't Turn On My Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't Turn On My Windows Defender Firewall: Acer Nitro 5 is my laptop. The first thing I did was to open the Windows Defender Firewall in the Control panel and as you can see from the image to this link https://imgur.com/a/cdYtEOp I'm getting errors in this page when I upload a photo that is why I had to upload it to...
  3. I Can't Turn On My Windows Defender Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Can't Turn On My Windows Defender Firewall: Acer Nitro 5 is my laptop. The first thing I did was to open the Windows Defender Firewall in the Control panel and as you can see from the image to this link https://imgur.com/a/cdYtEOp I'm getting errors in this page when I upload a photo that is why I had to upload it to...
  4. I Can't Turn On My Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender Firewall not running, can't turn on on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall not running, can't turn on on Windows 11: Windows Defender Firewall isn't running and I can't turn it on. It has error code 0x45B when I try to open it, in the security setting it says it's not available and everything I can find on the net has not worked. I've tried every fix I can find here on Microsoft's pages for...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall not running, can't turn on on Windows 11

Windows Defender Firewall not running, can't turn on on Windows 11: Windows Defender Firewall isn't running and I can't turn it on. It has error code 0x45B when I try to open it, in the security setting it says it's not available and everything I can find on the net has not worked. I've tried every fix I can find here on Microsoft's pages for...
  7. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...: Hello,I am running a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 under Windows 11 latest update, i.e. 2022-04 Cum Update. I use Windows Defender antivirus and I would like to turn on Microsoft Defender Firewall. However, the option to turn it on is greyed out and I have an error message : "This...
  8. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...

Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...: Hello,I am running a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 under Windows 11 latest update, i.e. 2022-04 Cum Update. I use Windows Defender antivirus and I would like to turn on Microsoft Defender Firewall. However, the option to turn it on is greyed out and I have an error message : "This...
  9. Cannot Turn on Windows Defender Firewall

Cannot Turn on Windows Defender Firewall: Happy New Year, Re: Windows Defender Firewall, Windows 10, Dell Desktop This evening I noticed the Windows Defender icon had a red X. I tried to open the Security Dashboard but nothing happened. I then opened Windows Security but it was completely blank. Firewall &...
  10. Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off: Windows 10 Pro r1903 Recently recovered from failing hard disk. After data recovery (onto new hard drive), this computer could not been seen by others in the same network. I could not even ping it. Network discovery on.... the usual was checked. Then research says check the...