Windows 10: Cant type anything in search bar

Discus and support Cant type anything in search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; HEY im Reinout and i got a problem with the searchbar i cant type something in it yesterday i did a update but before that everything was ok but now... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ReinoutGB, Jun 11, 2020.

1. ReinoutGB Win User

Cant type anything in search bar

HEY im Reinout

and i got a problem with the searchbar i cant type something in it yesterday i did a update but before that everything was ok but now i cant type something

Hope someone nows something

Regards Reinout

:)

ReinoutGB, Jun 11, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 11, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Cant type anything in search bar - Similar Threads - Cant type anything

2. W10 search bar : cant' type in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 search bar : cant' type in: Hey there,Windows10 v22H2 updated.For 2 days I can't type in W10 search bar even though my keyboard is new. On the other hand when I type any search inside W10 settings or folder it works.I am the only user/admin of this PC.I ran :• chkdsk,• DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  3. W10 search bar : cant' type in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 search bar : cant' type in: Hey there,Windows10 v22H2 updated.For 2 days I can't type in W10 search bar even though my keyboard is new. On the other hand when I type any search inside W10 settings or folder it works.I am the only user/admin of this PC.I ran :• chkdsk,• DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  4. W10 search bar : cant' type in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Search bar, can't type anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  6. Search bar, can't type anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  7. Search bar, can't type anything

in Cortana
  8. Can't type anything in the Windows search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type anything in the Windows search bar: For some reason, I'm not able to type anything in the Windows search bar. It either gets stuck whilst typing, or it just crashes. I've done the Windows troubleshooting for Search and Indexing, but unfortunately, that didn't help at all. Could anyone please guide me with...
  9. Cant type in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type in search bar: Hi guys, First of all sorry for my english and i hope you can help regarding to my search bar because i did all the method that i find on browser but sad say all those method is doesn't work.. Hopefully there is someone who can help me regarding to my problem...
  10. Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/finsterer1020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jihipv/cant_type_on_search_bartype_anything_in_windows/