Windows 10: Can't type anything in the Windows 10 search bar

Discus and support Can't type anything in the Windows 10 search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; I have tried to do the workaround fix posted in this community previously involving running pasting "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" in the search bar... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by GlennD2, Apr 1, 2020.

1. GlennD2 Win User

Can't type anything in the Windows 10 search bar

I have tried to do the workaround fix posted in this community previously involving running pasting "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" in the search bar and running it, to get typing in the Windows search bar working again. This is related to the language bar apparently. However, after a Windows 10 update today this is not working either. I have no idea now how to get this working again, can anyone please offer a suggestion, and can Microsoft please, please, please fix this issue. It is sooooo annoying. Regards, Glenn

:)

GlennD2, Apr 1, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Can't type in Search bars or login bar in browser.

Hi,

This can be caused by corrupted system files. To help resolve the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by Abdul_Malik in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving the same issue. After doing so, try using
    the search bar and see if you can type anything on it.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't type anything in the Windows 10 search bar - Similar Threads - Can't type anything

2. Search bar, can't type anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  3. Search bar, can't type anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  4. Search bar, can't type anything

in Cortana
  5. Can't open settings or type anything into search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open settings or type anything into search bar: Hello! I have a HUGEEEEEE problem because i can't use the search bar or the settings menu OR THE CONTROL PANEL, which i desperately need right now and if i can it just starts flickering like i'm vigorously scrolling down, i try to scroll up but it's just bottoming out by...
  6. I can't type anything in my search bar

in Cortana
    I can't type anything in my search bar: So recently I've had to reinstall windows on my computer because it crashed and I wasn't able to open it again. I did so by downloading the media creation tool on another computer making a recovery usb and reinstalling windows, admittedly it wasn't the cleanest recovery and I...
  7. Can't type anything in the Windows search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type anything in the Windows search bar: For some reason, I'm not able to type anything in the Windows search bar. It either gets stuck whilst typing, or it just crashes. I've done the Windows troubleshooting for Search and Indexing, but unfortunately, that didn't help at all. Could anyone please guide me with...
  8. Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/finsterer1020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jihipv/cant_type_on_search_bartype_anything_in_windows/
  9. Cant type anything in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type anything in search bar: HEY im Reinout and i got a problem with the searchbar i cant type something in it yesterday i did a update but before that everything was ok but now i cant type something Hope someone nows something Regards Reinout...
  10. Can't type in Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in Windows 10 search bar: After I updated to Windows 10 the search box on the taskbar was working. A few days later I discovered that I couldn't search anything from this box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-windows-10-search-bar/04eb6c32-fadf-40ca-8e1a-3742010e70a3"