Windows 10: Can't type anything in Windows taskbar

Discus and support Can't type anything in Windows taskbar in Cortana to solve the problem; I read all your blogs of how to restore the frozen taskbar. But still I am unable to resolve them. I tried running those powershell command but still... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by chinmayagrawal, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Can't type anything in Windows taskbar

I read all your blogs of how to restore the frozen taskbar. But still I am unable to resolve them.

I tried running those powershell command but still it is failing.

I am getting this error :-

Can't type anything in Windows taskbar 75b831f3-b20b-45d8-8809-cace62526f9b?upload=true.png

Please help me.

Thanks

:)

chinmayagrawal, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Can't type anything in Windows taskbar

taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Can't type anything in Windows taskbar

1. Can't type anything in Windows taskbar - Similar Threads - Can't type anything

2. Can't click on taskbar and anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click on taskbar and anything: "I experienced an issue where I couldn't click my taskbar and could only click on the last opened window. I couldn't switch to other applications when clicking on the taskbar buttons, and I couldn't click anything at all. I tried using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then cancelling,...
  3. Can't click on taskbar and anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click on taskbar and anything: "I experienced an issue where I couldn't click my taskbar and could only click on the last opened window. I couldn't switch to other applications when clicking on the taskbar buttons, and I couldn't click anything at all. I tried using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then cancelling,...
  4. Search bar, can't type anything

Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  5. Unable to to type anything in search box in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to to type anything in search box in taskbar: Hi,Why i am not able to type anything in Win 10 search box in taskbar. restarted also but doesnt help.Can anyone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-to-type-anything-in-search-box-in/20a3e6d4-4702-442a-acd7-311a9e43f7d1
  6. Unable to to type anything in search box in taskbar

Unable to to type anything in search box in taskbar: Hi,Why i am not able to type anything in Win 10 search box in taskbar. restarted also but doesnt help.Can anyone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-to-type-anything-in-search-box-in/20a3e6d4-4702-442a-acd7-311a9e43f7d1
  7. Unable to to type anything in search box in taskbar

in Cortana
  8. I can't type anything in windows search.

in Cortana
    I can't type anything in windows search.: I can't type anything in windows search, or in file explorer, or in search in windows settings, I did sfc /scannow and also scan health and restore health and also updated to latest and also virus scan , I can type in browsers and in notepad and in wordpad, it happened as I...
  9. Can't type anything in the Windows search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type anything in the Windows search bar: For some reason, I'm not able to type anything in the Windows search bar. It either gets stuck whilst typing, or it just crashes. I've done the Windows troubleshooting for Search and Indexing, but unfortunately, that didn't help at all. Could anyone please guide me with...
  10. Can't type anything into any OS window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type anything into any OS window?: I'm not sure what the hell has happened. If I type after pressing the windows key, nothing happens. Can't search. If I open a windows settings menu or anything (apps window for example) I can't type anything. Or nothing happens, at least. Disconnected from my wifi, went to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot type in taskbar

2. cant type in task bar

3. cant type continuously in taskbar

4. cant type in search taskbar,
  5. cant type in windowns 10 task bar,
  6. cant type anything on taskbar,
  7. cannot type in taskbar windows 10,
  8. cant start anything using the mouse from the taskbar or type in the cortana window,
  9. cant type in windows 10 taskbar