Windows 10: Can't type exclamation mark after moving windows to new SSD

Discus and support Can't type exclamation mark after moving windows to new SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got a new SDD drive and moved windows to this drive using 'EaseUS Todo Backup'. At first this looked to be working fine but i found out that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Spartan90, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Spartan90 Win User

Can't type exclamation mark after moving windows to new SSD

I just got a new SDD drive and moved windows to this drive using 'EaseUS Todo Backup'. At first this looked to be working fine but i found out that the exclamation mark is not working anymore after this, I can't type it anymore using shift+1. At first I was thinking it just wasn't working at all but after some time I found out the following:

* Just after booting up I can type exclamation mark.

* After booting some time or after starting up some software it stops working, not use what of the two.

* The keyboard is fiscally working. Both the 1 key and the shift key work fine.

Actions i have already taken:

* Reinstall of chrome (it was the first app that looked like the problem)

* Reinstalled keyboard drivers

* Reinstalled Windows (without removing data)

* Switch language preferences around

I would love some input as to what this can be and how to fix it.

:)

Spartan90, Mar 17, 2019

2. Am I getting the most out of my SSD?

Step 1
    Press "Windows-X" in Windows 8, and then select "Device Manager." In Windows 7 or Vista, click the "Start" button, type "device manager" into the search box, and then press "Enter."

Step 2
    Click the arrow next to "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" to display the list of controller drivers currently used by your system.

Step 3
    Check for an entry that contains the acronym "AHCI." If an entry exists, and there is no yellow exclamation mark or red "X" over it, then AHCI mode is properly enabled. If you don't see an "AHCI" entry, or the only entry contains a red or yellow mark, then there's a problem and AHCI mode is not properly enabled.

TheBrainyOne, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Darknova Win User
    What does the exclamation mark mean?

What exclamation mark? Screenie?

Darknova, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Yellow Exclamation mark over Internet icon

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting a yellow Exclamation mark over Internet icon in the notification area.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model number of the computer?

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Start Button and in the Windows Search type
      Troubleshooting
    • Open Troubleshooting and select Network and Internet.
    • Run Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Check if it helps to fix the issue.

Method 2:

I see that you have uninstalled and reinstalled latest wireless network drivers. However if you have not tried installing latest Wireless Network driver from the computer manufacturer website, I suggest you to try the same and
    check if it helps. Also install all the available Windows Update.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't type exclamation mark after moving windows to new SSD - Similar Threads - Can't type exclamation

2. can't type question mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't type question mark: Hello! The problem started today. I can't type question marks ? on visual studio. I use the keyboard pattern ABNT2 and use ctrl + alt + w to type question marks. Whenever I type it on visual studio, on the left lower corner it shows up "Ctrl+Alt+W was pressed.. Waiting for...
  3. can't type question mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't type question mark: Hello! The problem started today. I can't type question marks ? on visual studio. I use the keyboard pattern ABNT2 and use ctrl + alt + w to type question marks. Whenever I type it on visual studio, on the left lower corner it shows up "Ctrl+Alt+W was pressed.. Waiting for...
  4. Device Manager exclamation mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Manager exclamation mark: Hey, i just put together a new system, updated drivers/chipsets etc whatnot from the ASUS site but there's still one device that's not recognized.Other device Unknown DeviceMotherboard is asus z790-h gaming wifii7 13700k cpuDevice instance path: ACPI\INTC1085\2&DABA3FF&0...
  5. Device Manager exclamation mark

Device Manager exclamation mark: Hey, i just put together a new system, updated drivers/chipsets etc whatnot from the ASUS site but there's still one device that's not recognized.Other device Unknown DeviceMotherboard is asus z790-h gaming wifii7 13700k cpuDevice instance path: ACPI\INTC1085\2&DABA3FF&0...
  6. Exclamation mark on windows defender.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclamation mark on windows defender.: Hello, how can I fix this? If I click on it, then windows defender crashes, everything was fine yesterday. I have google chrome by default if needed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exclamation-mark-on-windows-defender/37974e3a-5402-4f77-8517-47d0babb0f90
  7. Exclamation mark on windows defender.

Exclamation mark on windows defender.: Hello, how can I fix this? If I click on it, then windows defender crashes, everything was fine yesterday. I have google chrome by default if needed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exclamation-mark-on-windows-defender/37974e3a-5402-4f77-8517-47d0babb0f90
  8. Windows apps exclamation mark issue

Windows apps exclamation mark issue: Hi, recently i tried to kill lsass.exe, but after reboot i have an exclamation mark on some apps and some even crashes or they're gray like calculator calendar clock etc. Can someone please help me? It's such a big red flag for me....
  9. Exclamation mark on D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exclamation mark on D Drive: Mine is a new Dell AIO with C Drive and D Drive. I use D Drive for storage and data. It has always had an exclamation mark on the D Drive icon. Bitlocker is turned on but always tells me that device encryption is suspended and that it will start automatically next time I log...
  10. Yellow exclamation mark on wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yellow exclamation mark on wifi: Hello, From past 2 days i got yellow exclamation mark on wifi (saying no internet access). I have changed wifi dongle. But problem remains same. I tried everything like resetting network adaptor , some command on command prompt, repair windows with iso file, and at last i do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explanation mark next to windows drive install ssd

2. why cant i type an exclamation mark