Windows 10: Cant type in another language

Discus and support Cant type in another language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I'm trying to type in korean so that i can learn a bit of korean but when i tried to set my keyboard to korean no matter how many tutorials i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wyattkentfield, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Cant type in another language

So, I'm trying to type in korean so that i can learn a bit of korean but when i tried to set my keyboard to korean no matter how many tutorials i follow, even if they are the same or different, so i decided to look up the issue and everything i found never worked.

:)

Wyattkentfield, Feb 10, 2019

2. microsoft photos language

Hi Magda,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Type settings in the search box.
    • Click on time and language.
    • Click on region and language.
    • Click on add a language.
    • Select the particular language and then make it as default by right clicking on the language and click on as default.

Please post back with the updated status to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Malayalam and sanskrit language typing

Hi Kandan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• Do you face inconvenience when you try to copy and paste the words through browser/on file explorer?
    • Have you installed Malayalam/Sanskrit language packs on Windows 10?

If you have not installed the Malayalam/Sanskrit language packs, I suggest you to download and install the Malayalam/Sanskrit language packs and check if it helps. Follow the steps in below link to add language packs.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Cant type in another language

Language typing features

Hi Niranjan

Regarding your suggestion, to turn off

• "Autocorrect Misspelled Words"
    • "Highlight Misspelled Words"
    This indeed stops the Action Centre - Language Settings notifications, prompting to install Language Typing Features

• Can you please clarify if only one (and if so, which one) OR both of these settings need to be turned off to stop the notifications?
    • Secondly, the problem with your suggestion is that the notifications stop at the expense of an effectively deactivated functionality.

Moreover, the Autocorrect and Highlight functions are turned off
      globally, ie across all installed languages.

For example, in my case I have a second language and keyboard installed (Russian). I have NOT installed, under Language Options for Russian: Basic Typing, Handwriting and Speech options. I suspect that was the cause of Install Language Typing Features notifications
      in Action Centre.

Cant type in another language bea108bb-0fae-40f0-b72a-040277b1214c.jpg

Cant type in another language 5220a74c-153a-43ed-b8ca-d2ff3f4495b2.jpg

However, now that I've turned off the Autocorrect and Highlight functions, they are obviously not working when I switch to English either.

So the question remains, is it possible to turn off or suppress the Action Centre - Language Settings notifications, prompting to install Language Typing Features WITHOUT deactivating the Autocorrect and Highlight functions, at least for the languages that
      are not missing any installed options (in my case, English)
    Look forward to your response.

H.E. Pennypacker, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Cant type in another language

1. Cant type in another language - Similar Threads - Cant type another

2. Typing language issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing language issue: I have installed only russian and english language [united kingdom] in the setting, but each time I start my computer additional languages [arabic and english -united states ] appear. It is annoying. I cannot get rid of it in the setting....
  3. Typing language issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing language issue: I have installed only russian and english language [united kingdom] in the setting, but each time I start my computer additional languages [arabic and english -united states ] appear. It is annoying. I cannot get rid of it in the setting....
  4. Apps are in another language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are in another language: Why the hell are apps like Mail, Calendar, Weather and Clock in Greek, when my Windows installation is set to English - Canada?Yes I do live in Greece, but still, why is it in Greek? It didn't do it before. Btw, I just formatted this computerwith a fresh installation of...
  5. Apps are in another language

Apps are in another language: Why the hell are apps like Mail, Calendar, Weather and Clock in Greek, when my Windows installation is set to English - Canada?Yes I do live in Greece, but still, why is it in Greek? It didn't do it before. Btw, I just formatted this computerwith a fresh installation of...
  6. add another language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add another language: i f i add Russian in settings as antoher languagee. WHERE and how does the keyboard appear? it is a touch onscreen keyboard.Since I'm on a laptop I don't understand where/what is the keyboad. Do you have a screenshot my chance of how this looks and is set up?I went on yutube...
  7. add another language

add another language: i f i add Russian in settings as antoher languagee. WHERE and how does the keyboard appear? it is a touch onscreen keyboard.Since I'm on a laptop I don't understand where/what is the keyboad. Do you have a screenshot my chance of how this looks and is set up?I went on yutube...
  8. Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently: Hi there,I used to do it in the past: When I was typing Chinese characters, I could type English small letters directly when I hit "SHIFT" and alphabet button at the same time, while CAPS LOCK is off i.e. before switching to Chinese language, I was typing English small...
  9. Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently

Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently: Hi there,I used to do it in the past: When I was typing Chinese characters, I could type English small letters directly when I hit "SHIFT" and alphabet button at the same time, while CAPS LOCK is off i.e. before switching to Chinese language, I was typing English small...
  10. typing language

in Windows 10 Customization
    typing language: I've to change my typing language ex :- English-telugu what is the process, please show some positive result. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-language/744beea0-3136-402f-8025-836914595976