Windows 10: Can't type in any passwords on any password field

Discus and support Can't type in any passwords on any password field in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm facing a problem with my Windows 10 Acer Swift.I can't type in any password, both on software installed on my windows, both browsers like Edge,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sam & Dean, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Can't type in any passwords on any password field

Hi, I'm facing a problem with my Windows 10 Acer Swift.I can't type in any password, both on software installed on my windows, both browsers like Edge, Chrome, etc.I can write perfectly with my keyboard on Word, notepad, etc... but it seems like passwords field are blocked...I've already updated my Windows 10 to the latest patches, and also I've tryed using the virtual keyboard of windows, still nothing.Before reinstalling windows, is there anything I can do ?

:)

Sam & Dean, Jan 26, 2022

2. When typing in password I get half way through then the password field fills randomly on its own not letting me enter correct password.

Hi Stephen,

I suggest you to force restart the computer and try to enter the password, check whether the issue persists or not.

This issue might occur if you press any key by mistake continuously it fills the password field if there is issue with the keyboard.

So determine the issue, I suggest you to use the ‘Onscreen keyboard’ and try to enter the password and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access
      list. Or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Can't type in any passwords on any password field

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Can't type in any passwords on any password field

1. Can't type in any passwords on any password field - Similar Threads - Can't type passwords

2. Can't Search, Type in Any Windows OS Field, Extreme Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Search, Type in Any Windows OS Field, Extreme Lag: Hello,Two things seem to have happened simultaneously mid-last week: I can no longer type in any Windows search field not in Settings, in the Start Menu, Windows Explorer, etc. - though Run works when pulled up with WIN+R, and cannot use the keyboard to open the Lock screen...
  3. Can't Search, Type in Any Windows OS Field, Extreme Lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Search, Type in Any Windows OS Field, Extreme Lag: Hello,Two things seem to have happened simultaneously mid-last week: I can no longer type in any Windows search field not in Settings, in the Start Menu, Windows Explorer, etc. - though Run works when pulled up with WIN+R, and cannot use the keyboard to open the Lock screen...
  4. Can't Search, Type in Any Windows OS Field, Extreme Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I am unable to log into Windows HP laptop, as can’t type any words into password field

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am unable to log into Windows HP laptop, as can’t type any words into password field: Unable to type in letter password on HP laptop, even when putting up on-screen keyboard nothing types onto the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-log-into-windows-hp-laptop-as-cant/4228d3dd-352c-46c8-a359-c7447d24140c
  6. Can't type in any passwords on any password field

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in any passwords on any password field: Hi, I'm facing a problem with my Windows 10 Acer Swift.I can't type in any password, both on software installed on my windows, both browsers like Edge, Chrome, etc.I can write perfectly with my keyboard on Word, notepad, etc... but it seems like passwords field are...
  7. Can't type in any passwords on any password field

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't type in any passwords on any password field: Hi, I'm facing a problem with my Windows 10 Acer Swift.I can't type in any password, both on software installed on my windows, both browsers like Edge, Chrome, etc.I can write perfectly with my keyboard on Word, notepad, etc... but it seems like passwords field are...
  8. Can't type in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't type in password: I tried to login in and just m abc.... keys arn't doing anything they just don't work. I have tested 3 keyboards and still nothing. its when i try to type my passwords in BTW....
  9. Password problem(is there any way for there to be no password)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password problem(is there any way for there to be no password)?: Or at least to be able to put something simple as 0000 because i have a simple computer and i don't care honestly that someone is gonna in my computer =)Heard that People don't wanna move from windows 7.Well,maybe this is one of the reasons?How can i remove the pin without...
  10. restart windows without typing any password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    restart windows without typing any password: Hello, how to restart windows 10 pro without typing any password or face recognition, now after every restart in Windows Hello I must write a password or pin.......