Windows 10: Can't type in certain areas

Discus and support Can't type in certain areas in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, please could someone help. I have an Acer EX2519 laptop and I have Office Home/Personal ? installed. It was working fine till a few weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LauraHazelden, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Can't type in certain areas

Hello, please could someone help.

I have an Acer EX2519 laptop and I have Office Home/Personal ? installed. It was working fine till a few weeks ago. I can type my password and log on at start up, but it won't let me type in the following situations:-

1 log onto a wifi network - type password

2 type my password to login to my Microsoft account

3 type anything in the search bar after start up

Keys work fine in Word and Excel but won't work for other things.

Pse help.

Thanks

:)

LauraHazelden, Jan 2, 2020

2. Unable to type in to box on 'Control Panel'.

This issue might occur if some file types for indexing were disabled after the updates. We suggest that you try rebuilding your search index by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, type control.exe srchadmin.dll, and click on
      OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • Click on the File Types tab. From here, you can choose to include certain file types from indexing by checking them in the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Missing field Connect using in Local Area Connection Properties

Have you tried uninstalling the Network Adapter? Since there is no properties in the Local Area Connection, we suggest that you uninstall the Network Adapter. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc.
    • Right click on the Network Adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Select Ok.
    • Select Scan for Hardware changes.
    Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 2, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't type in certain areas

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't type in certain areas :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Can't type in certain areas

1. Can't type in certain areas - Similar Threads - Can't type certain

2. Your IT administrator has restricted access to certain areas of this application and the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your IT administrator has restricted access to certain areas of this application and the...: Page not available :Your IT administrator has restricted access to certain areas of this application and the item you tried to access is unavailable. Contact technical support for more information. Virus and malwars protection notification I faced this message after...
  3. can't access certain areas of yankeecandle.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't access certain areas of yankeecandle.com: i hope someone can help with this... i can access yankeecandle.com, but i can't access certain areas when i click on sign on or register, or any of the departments candles, home fragrance, sale, etc, nothing happens i have this issue on my desktop win10 and laptop win11, but...
  4. can't access certain areas of yankeecandle.com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't access certain areas of yankeecandle.com: i hope someone can help with this... i can access yankeecandle.com, but i can't access certain areas when i click on sign on or register, or any of the departments candles, home fragrance, sale, etc, nothing happens i have this issue on my desktop win10 and laptop win11, but...
  5. Cannot type in certain places

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot type in certain places: I have a used Asus N53J laptop. The person who upgraded it to Windows 10 had a problem with the touchpad driver, but that is resolved. However, when you try to type in the search bar Cortana It won't type. It also will not type anything in Edge, or Mail, or Skype logon....
  6. Cannot type in certain areas within Windows

in Cortana
    Cannot type in certain areas within Windows: I can't run a Windows search, or do anything at all in the Windows store, including logging in to Microsoft. The keyboard doesn't register, and I can't even right click (though I can right click in Windows search). Troubleshoots I've tried... running ctfmon Both...
  7. Font rendering issue in certain UI areas

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Font rendering issue in certain UI areas: There is a problem with some, not all, of my desktop applications on Windows 10. The font in certain parts of the program (view links to photos below) appear pixelated and out-of-scale, and I have no idea what is causing this issue. This is not an issue with ClearType nor...
  8. Keyboard not working in certain areas

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard not working in certain areas: Hey computer savvy people My dad's wireless keyboard has decided to stop working but only in some areas of his windows 10 computer. It's now working in the search bar on windows home screen, internet explorer, searching in settings It does however work in firefox, word...
  9. In the firefox browsing history, in a website's Location area or Name area, if we type...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In the firefox browsing history, in a website's Location area or Name area, if we type...: The screenshot I've posted below is my firefox browsing history. In it see the portion I've drawn, the Location area for every website. In that long number of letters, if we accidentally type something, will that be an issue? I accidentally typed something while clicking in...
  10. cannot type in body of document area

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot type in body of document area: Today I found this site and looking forward to better learn the Win 10. Santa brought me a new Lenova laptop for Christmas and I am finding things are quite different from my previous Win 7 software. I have been able to find my way around so far, but cannot figure this one...