Windows 10: Can't type in cortana search bar. tried several apparent known fixes, still not working....

Discus and support Can't type in cortana search bar. tried several apparent known fixes, still not working.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've tried system file checker and a few particular other fixes, all of which did nothing for me, and then it occurred to me that the two problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TallyCatto, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Can't type in cortana search bar. tried several apparent known fixes, still not working....

I've tried system file checker and a few particular other fixes, all of which did nothing for me, and then it occurred to me that the two problems listed in the subject might be related. If anyone can help me out, please do. I'd really appreciate it! For slightly more information on the recent files issue, it seems only .txt files will appear on there so far. Have tried a few image files and also an open office file to no avail. Thanks for any assistance.

:)

TallyCatto, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Hip3zioed Win User

Cortana & Search bar not working

They stated their Cortana Search is not working, how are they supposed to be able to type anything? Even if the Cortana Search was working and you do type "settings" where does that take you? I never saw any Settings for Cortana and Search or are any, that
    I know of anyway. Windows 10 HELP is MS Community or the Internet, like trying to find help in a Needle-in-a-haystack.

Any real input (something to chew on_food for thought) would be helpful.

Hip3zioed, Nov 7, 2018
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Can't type in cortana search bar. tried several apparent known fixes, still not working....

Cortana search not working

Original title:- Cortana

I cannot get cortana to work. The search bar says "I'm Cortana. Ask me anything" but the microphone icon does not show and I cannot type into the search bar either. I have tried the fixes involving region settings but to no avail. If I select the cortona
    icon in the apps list the list simply disappears. My surface pro 3 works fine and this issue is on my new Dell xps.

Any ideas would be welcome

brianSmithbsc, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Can't type in cortana search bar. tried several apparent known fixes, still not working....

1. Can't type in cortana search bar. tried several apparent known fixes, still not working.... - Similar Threads - Can't type cortana

2. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  3. Can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  4. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in search bar: I am unable to type in the search bar of either File Explorer or desktop search. I had the problem with Windows 10 and hoped that upgrading to Windows 11 would fix it. That didn't help....
  5. typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars

in Cortana
    typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars: why cant i type in the cortana search bar among others, im not aware of any changes i have made? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-in-the-cortana-search-bar-among-other/201dc3c2-ebe4-4271-8e8e-ccfbb42ad194"
  6. not able to type in Cortana search bar

in Cortana
    not able to type in Cortana search bar: I am unable to enter any text into the Cortana Search bar. When I see if its having a problem in the task manager it's not even appearing which makes me think its not loading on start. I am able to track down the windows search function and have tried to rest that but it is...
  7. Cortana still crashing despite several fixes

in Cortana
    Cortana still crashing despite several fixes: Hi all, As above Cortana is crashing constantly despite reinstalling, re-registering (using powershell) and also freshly formatting the dive and resintalling win10 twice using two different USB sticks and a fresh version from the creation tool each time. The exact issue...
  8. Cortana Search Bar Not Working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Not Working: My Cortana search bar (on the taskbar) has quit working in the past week or so. I cannot search for apps, files, or web results. Any query entered simply returns a blank white screen. The search bar in file explorer still works to search for files. Running Windows 10 Pro on...
  9. cortana search bar not working

in Cortana
    cortana search bar not working: as the title said, my cortana search bar isnt working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search-bar-not-working/22aa3cbd-4fc3-4f23-8a8e-b068530a646c"
  10. search bar/cortana not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    search bar/cortana not working: my searchbar/cortana has suddenly stopped working, when I click I get a message telling me there is a problem, please sign out. so I googled the problem I ran the systen file checker which reported a problem and said it was fixed, problem still there I reinstalled all...