Windows 10: Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

Discus and support Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaidenInTime, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

Hi,

I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter beside language, where they could change typing to hiragana, but I don't have this option. I was trying to find something in settings, but nothing's really working. Please help me ><

:)

MaidenInTime, Mar 19, 2020

2. Can't type hiragana on Japanese IME keyboard after updating to Windows 10

Microsoft support suggests that you can use the hotkeys
    to switch between input modes quickly:
    • Press + to change the input language
    • Press + to change to Hiragana
    • Press + to change to Katakana
    • Press + to toggle between alphanumeric and kana modes
    As a side note: if you were really intent on making Hiragana your default input, you could write an
    AutoHotkey script to do this for you. However, this involves understanding that scripting language.

source:
    http://superuser.com/questions/180188/microsoft-ime-japanese-force-hiragana-input-by-default?rq=1

Andre Da Costa, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Couldn't type hiragana/Japanese character in the lockscreen

Because i have literally nothing to do today, i decided to mess with the lockscreen settings and changed the password. The thing is, i set my password to a Japanese Character (Hiragana). I went ahead to test the lock by locking the pc and turning it back
    on. Went ahead and pressed sign in and voil , i just noticed that i can't type hiragana in any sort of way in the lockscreen. There's a Japanese IME option in the right hand corner of my screen that i usually use to type japanese, but now, it won't let me
    type in hiragana, only romaji. So now I've been stuck in this lockscreen for around 16 hours with no answer.

Any thoughts on a way to type hiragana in the lockscreen?

Thanks

FarrelDimasyah, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

Hi,

I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter beside language, where they could change typing to hiragana, but I don't have this option. I was trying to find
    something in settings, but nothing's really working. Please help me ><

MaidenInTime, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

1. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME - Similar Threads - Can't type hiragana

2. How to Make Japanese Keyboard Type Only Hiragana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Make Japanese Keyboard Type Only Hiragana: I have to use a Japanese keyboard for my Japanese class. The shortcut alt+shift is very useful for switching between Japanese and English. However, I'm very frustrated that the fact that the Japanese keyboard still types in English letters unless I go into the taskbar and...
  3. Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default: Is there any way to make hiragana input the default in Japanese IME? I know that there are keyboard shortcuts but that is not the answer. This issue has been described in more detail at:...
  4. Japanese IME does not work; unable to switch to Hiragana

Japanese IME does not work; unable to switch to Hiragana: I just installed the Japanese language package but I cannot switch from "Direct input" to "Hiragata" or other option. I've re-installed the package, tried some advised solutions in the previous threads about same problem, but no luck....
  5. Can't switch to typing with Hiragana with Japanese keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't switch to typing with Hiragana with Japanese keyboard: Hi, so recently someone on a discord I'm a part of started giving free Japanese lessons, and I thought it'd be interesting to check it out. However, though this isn't very important, when we installed Japanese keyboards, mine just doesn't seem to work. In settings, it says...
  6. Japanese Typing Displaying an IME Error

Japanese Typing Displaying an IME Error: Hello, When I try to type in Japanese and select the hiragana alphabet, the little icon next to the language is a little x in a circle. When hovering over it, it says "IME is disabled". The other language I have on their is Chinese, and I have no problems switching between...
  7. Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?

Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?: I have just read the answer to this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/japanese-ime-hiragana-toggle-keys/3b2ffa3e-29ee-4d5a-b65b-dc67c9c869fc and while ALT+SHIFT works as it should for toggling language, the suggested ALT+~...
  8. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME: Hi, I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter beside language, where they could change typing to hiragana, but I don't have this option. I was trying to find something in...
  9. Typing numbers and signs in Japanese IME

Typing numbers and signs in Japanese IME: I have recently learned to use Kana Input where each key is a kana syllable. Before that I used Romaji Input with usual Latin letters. I was typing numbers normally as in US layout, but on Kana Input there are syllables on number keys 1 - , 2 - . I found no way to type...
  10. Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore

Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore: I don't know since when, but I can't change my input method to hiragana anymore. The "A" in the taskbar doesn't show up anymore, it's just the language that shows up (when using different languages)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cant switch to Hiragana on Japanese Microsoft IME