Windows 10: Can't type in Pin because the login box doesn't show up.

Discus and support Can't type in Pin because the login box doesn't show up. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I try to log in with my pin. I tap the keyboard to get the login box to appear. The page will go blank and I can't type in a pin. I have to restart... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TheGameGuyDude, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Can't type in Pin because the login box doesn't show up.

I try to log in with my pin.

I tap the keyboard to get the login box to appear.

The page will go blank and I can't type in a pin.

I have to restart my computer.

There doesn't seem to be an apparent reason for this.

It seems to happen randomly. No updates or anything like that have happened recently.

Usually, I can restart my computer and the password login box will appear, but it's just annoying that this happens.

It wouldn't be a problem but sometimes the page will go blank for a while and then the login box will pop up, but it takes a long time for it to pop up. So, i'm left sitting here waiting for the box to pop up and then it doesn't pop up.

I'd just like to add that Windows 7 never had these ignorant problems. I had windows 7 for over 10 years and loved it. I don't know why updated OS's have to operate less efficiently than previous OS's

:)

TheGameGuyDude, Jan 9, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Can't type in Pin because the login box doesn't show up. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 9, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Can't type in Pin because the login box doesn't show up. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Can't type in Pin because the login box doesn't show up.

Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi,

Thanks for your ideas. I tried exactly as you said but it made absolutely no difference.

I still can`t download, still doesn`t remember login details although it still asks me if I want the details remembered.

Do you or anybody else have any ideas to help. It`s too late now for me to go back to Win 8.1 so I`m stuck with an os that doesn`t work properly.

Thank you.

Graham Laughlan, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Can't type in Pin because the login box doesn't show up.

1. Can't type in Pin because the login box doesn't show up. - Similar Threads - Can't type Pin

2. Login box not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login box not showing up: When i start up windows and get to the login screen there is only a log in button and no box where i usually type my pin, when i press the button it first says to wait a moment then just does nothing...
  3. Login box not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login box not showing up: When i start up windows and get to the login screen there is only a log in button and no box where i usually type my pin, when i press the button it first says to wait a moment then just does nothing...
  4. I can't login because it says PIN not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't login because it says PIN not available: I went through the whole thing of logging in and having to try three freaking times to get a code texted to me, only to get to the part where it told me to come up with a new pin. I don't want a new pin. After clicking that I didn't want to reset my PIN, it let me in anyway....
  5. I can't login because it says PIN not available

I can't login because it says PIN not available: I went through the whole thing of logging in and having to try three freaking times to get a code texted to me, only to get to the part where it told me to come up with a new pin. I don't want a new pin. After clicking that I didn't want to reset my PIN, it let me in anyway....
  6. Can't type letters into login box to open pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type letters into login box to open pc: Yesterday I sat down to my pc, for the first time in a week, and found I had left it on when I wiggled the rollerball of the mouse. I restarted the pc and when I got to the login page I tried to input my 4-digit pin and found I couldn't enter the letters, only the numbers....
  7. Can't type letters into login box to open pc

Can't type letters into login box to open pc: Yesterday I sat down to my pc, for the first time in a week, and found I had left it on when I wiggled the rollerball of the mouse. I restarted the pc and when I got to the login page I tried to input my 4-digit pin and found I couldn't enter the letters, only the numbers....
  8. Can't type letters into login box to open pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Password input box doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password input box doesn't show up: I have issue with my Dell-5577 laptop window. Earlier, laptop was worked fine. But after the windows update issue began- Sign-in button appears and after clicking it the password text input field doesn't show up. Instead, it directly forwards to saying "The password is...
  10. Can't type in pin box. Have restarted . Still can't Password I can type in

Can't type in pin box. Have restarted . Still can't Password I can type in: I just received my new HP laptop. When I signed in it was difficult to type in pin. I finally got it in and used it once. Now I can't sign in with it. Have to use my password. I would rather have no password or pin as this is my home computer and never leaves my home. Brand...