Windows 10: Can't type in pin box. Have restarted . Still can't Password I can type in

Discus and support Can't type in pin box. Have restarted . Still can't Password I can type in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just received my new HP laptop. When I signed in it was difficult to type in pin. I finally got it in and used it once. Now I can't sign in with it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LouCesario, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Can't type in pin box. Have restarted . Still can't Password I can type in

I just received my new HP laptop. When I signed in it was difficult to type in pin. I finally got it in and used it once. Now I can't sign in with it. Have to use my password. I would rather have no password or pin as this is my home computer and never leaves my home.

Brand new what do I do?

:)

LouCesario, Nov 26, 2019

2. Win10 on Laptop - Can't type my password/PIN in Log-in box

A couple of times in the past week, when I started my Laptop (a Dell Latitude E6400) with Win 10 build 10166, the login screen/page comes up (shows my Picture, name and has a place to enter my PIN) but I can't select the box to enter the PIN.

I can move/see the mouse pointer but can't select anything. I can use the arrow keys to switch between the Lock screen and Login screen - but that's it. Can't access the power/restart icon or anything.

I have to hold the power button and force a restart. Today I already tried 3 restarts (cold boots) and I still can't get to where I can enter my PIN. This is on a Microsoft Account (not local account).

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

EDIT: I'm back in. I noticed that when WIN works correctly, the password/PIN box is highlighted so you can just type in your info without actually selecting the box. When WIN is misbehaving, the password/PIN box is not highlighted.
    I ran Chkdsk /f just now and that didn't find any problems. I'll run SFC scannow next.

CountryBumkin, Nov 26, 2019
  3. PolskeBol Win User
    Win10 on Laptop - Can't type my password/PIN in Log-in box

What was the actual fix? i'm having the exact same problem on a laptop as well, really tough one to crack. Would like to avoid a system reset.

PolskeBol, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Can't type in pin box. Have restarted . Still can't Password I can type in

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Can't type in pin box. Have restarted . Still can't Password I can type in

1. Can't type in pin box. Have restarted . Still can't Password I can type in - Similar Threads - Can't type pin

2. I can't type anything into the password box of the Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type anything into the password box of the Microsoft Account.: I turned on my computer and I got locked out because I can't type anything into the password box. I tried using On-Screen-Keyboard and nothing worked.System Information:Lenovo Thinkpad M81 PCProcessor: Intel Core i3-3220 CPURAM: I don't know but I have 10GB of RAM....
  3. I can't type anything into the password box of the Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't type anything into the password box of the Microsoft Account.: I turned on my computer and I got locked out because I can't type anything into the password box. I tried using On-Screen-Keyboard and nothing worked.System Information:Lenovo Thinkpad M81 PCProcessor: Intel Core i3-3220 CPURAM: I don't know but I have 10GB of RAM....
  4. Pin screen can't type

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin screen can't type: I forgot my computer's PIN but I remembered my account password, so I clicked on forgot password there, a screen asking for the password opens but I can't type it at all, my keyboard is working and I've already tried using the virtual keyboard and no letters come out...
  5. Pin screen can't type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin screen can't type: I forgot my computer's PIN but I remembered my account password, so I clicked on forgot password there, a screen asking for the password opens but I can't type it at all, my keyboard is working and I've already tried using the virtual keyboard and no letters come out...
  6. Pin screen can't type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. i can't type on windows pin screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i can't type on windows pin screen: I forgot my computer's pin but I remembered my account password, so I clicked on forgot password then it opens a screen asking for the password but I can't type in any way, my keyboard It's working but it doesn't type, I've also tried the virtual keyboard but no letters come...
  8. I can't type in my pin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't type in my pin: I'm trying to change my account type to to administratorI can't access the admin account and need to type in my pin but I have to option to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-in-my-pin/f4495d37-9a4e-4f56-b771-a4387eacc4f3
  9. Can't type in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't type in password: I tried to login in and just m abc.... keys arn't doing anything they just don't work. I have tested 3 keyboards and still nothing. its when i try to type my passwords in BTW....
  10. Win10 on Laptop - Can't type my password/PIN in Log-in box

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 on Laptop - Can't type my password/PIN in Log-in box: A couple of times in the past week, when I started my Laptop (a Dell Latitude E6400) with Win 10 build 10166, the login screen/page comes up (shows my Picture, name and has a place to enter my PIN) but I can't select the box to enter the PIN. I can move/see the mouse...