Windows 10: Can't type in PIN number when logging back in to Lock Screen

Discus and support Can't type in PIN number when logging back in to Lock Screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi everyone, occasionally when I return to my pc and want to log back in, I am not able to type any letters. I click into the log-in box but no... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Chigwells, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Chigwells Win User

Can't type in PIN number when logging back in to Lock Screen

Hi everyone, occasionally when I return to my pc and want to log back in, I am not able to type any letters. I click into the log-in box but no characters are typed in. Whether it is the PIN or Password screen, no characters appear. To be clear, it does not do it every time, mostly I can log back in no problem.

Can anyone suggest a remedy? Many thanks, Chig.

:)

Chigwells, Jan 6, 2020

2. lock screen pin number

How do i set up a pin number for the lock screen

martincameron311, Jan 6, 2020
  3. how to reset pin number

Hi,

Step 1: In the Lock screen, click on the I forgot my PIN link.

Step 2: Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.

Step 3: If you have two-step verification turned on for your Microsoft account, you have to enter the recovery email address or phone number to verify your ownership.

Step 4: Enter the security code you’ve received from Microsoft, and click Next.

Step 5: Click on Continue to confirm. A popup will appear and you’re prompted to set up a PIN. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit new PIN number you want for your Microsoft account

After resetting PIN successfully, you can now sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account using the new PIN. However, the "I forgot my PIN" option is only available at the sign-in screen when using a Microsoft account. If you are using a local account,
    follow steps in Option 2.

If you are using a local account and forgot your PIN code, log in with your password and follow these steps below to reset your PIN.

Step 1: On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options and sign in with your password.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and click on I forgot my PIN.

Step 3: Type your account password and click OK.

Step 4: Enter your new PIN in the fields and click OK. Then a new PIN is created.

Good luck

EdwardMyers2020, Jan 6, 2020
  4. JimWynne Win User

lock screen pin number

You can't use a PIN or any other type of login on the Lock screen. You're probably referring to the login screen. You can create a PIN by going to Start > Settings > Accounts > Login options.

JimWynne, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't type in PIN number when logging back in to Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Can't type PIN

2. No numbers appear when entering log in PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No numbers appear when entering log in PIN: Today when I tried enter my PIN the number nothing appears in the input box. I have tried wireless keyboard numeral keys and num lock keys. and laptop Logged in using my Microsoft account and got wrong password message. Reset password worked including entering numerals for...
  3. No numbers appear when entering log in PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No numbers appear when entering log in PIN: Today when I tried enter my PIN the number nothing appears in the input box. I have tried wireless keyboard numeral keys and num lock keys. and laptop Logged in using my Microsoft account and got wrong password message. Reset password worked including entering numerals for...
  4. Pin screen can't type

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin screen can't type: I forgot my computer's PIN but I remembered my account password, so I clicked on forgot password there, a screen asking for the password opens but I can't type it at all, my keyboard is working and I've already tried using the virtual keyboard and no letters come out...
  5. Pin screen can't type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin screen can't type: I forgot my computer's PIN but I remembered my account password, so I clicked on forgot password there, a screen asking for the password opens but I can't type it at all, my keyboard is working and I've already tried using the virtual keyboard and no letters come out...
  6. Pin screen can't type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. can not type in the pin number

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can not type in the pin number: Hi,When I open the pad with windows 10, the system asks me to type in the PIN number, but I cannot type in anything in the box. However if I select sign-in with my another account, I can enter the password and sign-in....
  8. Help Keyboard always type 8 number after log into lock screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help Keyboard always type 8 number after log into lock screen: vid: https://youtu.be/GagzrtJWP7AI checked if the keyboard is broke by connected it to my Notebook and everything is fine.This always happens if I log into lock screen page. I tried updated to latest version [does not fix issue]...
  9. Can't type letters in PIN when logging into Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't type letters in PIN when logging into Windows: Good morning everyone, my apologies if this question already exists somewhere, I just couldn't find this specific problem. When I recently tried to log into my computer, I noticed the PIN field wouldn't accept letters anymore. This is weird as typing numbers still works....
  10. Caps lock inverted and can't type numbers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps lock inverted and can't type numbers: Went to login to my laptop and the caps lock is inverted on both the laptop keyboard and my personal keyboard and I can only type symbols and the number pad doesn't type numbers. submitted by /u/LOLDude1295 [link] [comments]...