Windows 10: Can't type in Search bar when uploading a file

Discus and support Can't type in Search bar when uploading a file in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows updated today and since then I haven't been able to use the search bar when uploading a file I have tried the solution given to this problem... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DavidReid1991, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Can't type in Search bar when uploading a file

Windows updated today and since then I haven't been able to use the search bar when uploading a file
    I have tried the solution given to this problem which is the same as mine but it hasn't fixed it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-search-bar-when-doing-a-file-upload/a649ef5d-0daf-4468-b2f0-a447b9e45672

:)

DavidReid1991, Aug 28, 2020

2. Can't type in Search bar when doing a file upload

I'm working on a new laptop using Windows 10 and cannot type anything into the search bar when trying to upload files. My search bar works fine otherwise. I can search for any documents or photos
    if I'm not trying to upload. For instance, I need to be able to upload photos to our business website, or even photos to our business Facebook page and it doesn't matter where I try to retrieve photos or documents
    from on the computer (Dropbox, One Drive, This PC etc), I am not able to type anything into the search bar in the upper right hand corner of the upload file. It makes no sense since I can type in the search bar at any other time other than a file upload.
    Any suggestions?? It's really impeding my being able to work! Thanks!

Kristine1987, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Can't type in Search bar when doing a file upload

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Search Bar on your PC when uploading a file. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. What happens when you try to type on the Search Bar? Do you receive any error message/code?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Automatically diagnose and repair Windows file and folder problems
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 28, 2020
  4. John Ado Win User

Can't type in Search bar when uploading a file

John Ado, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Can't type in Search bar when uploading a file

1. Can't type in Search bar when uploading a file - Similar Threads - Can't type Search

2. Can't type on Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type on Search Bar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/75tavares [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/179x1rc/cant_type_on_search_bar/
  3. Search bar, can't type anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  4. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  5. Can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  6. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in search bar: I am unable to type in the search bar of either File Explorer or desktop search. I had the problem with Windows 10 and hoped that upgrading to Windows 11 would fix it. That didn't help....
  8. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in search bar: I am unable to type in the search bar of either File Explorer or desktop search. I had the problem with Windows 10 and hoped that upgrading to Windows 11 would fix it. That didn't help....
  9. Can't type into search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't type into search bar: Attempting to search and can't type into the search bar. Such as I hit the keys WIN +X and select search from the menu.. I attempt to type in my search criteria and the keyboard does not function. I tried to use the tablet mode keyboard and nothing happens... This is a...
  10. Can't type in Search bar when doing a file upload

in Cortana
    Can't type in Search bar when doing a file upload: I'm working on a new laptop using Windows 10 and cannot type anything into the search bar when trying to upload files. My search bar works fine otherwise. I can search for any documents or photosif I'm not trying to upload. For instance, I need to be able to upload photos to...