Windows 10: can't type in search bar, worked fine until windows update. Now can only type a letter or...

Discus and support can't type in search bar, worked fine until windows update. Now can only type a letter or... in Cortana to solve the problem; can't type in search bar, worked fine until windows update. Now can only type a letter or two and search bar disappears... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Wayne Herran, Feb 26, 2019.

1. can't type in search bar, worked fine until windows update. Now can only type a letter or...

can't type in search bar, worked fine until windows update. Now can only type a letter or two and search bar disappears

:)

Wayne Herran, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Leah01 Win User

Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update

I did the 06/12/18 Windows Update (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), and now the search bar doesn't respond to any typed input. I type in the first few letters, and the search/Cortana window just closes on me and the Search bar is blank. Cannot open apps or do any searching via the bar.

Any suggestions, please?

Leah01, Feb 26, 2019
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Feb 26, 2019
  4. birkhauer Win User

can't type in search bar, worked fine until windows update. Now can only type a letter or...

Can't Type inside the Search Bar (i can only type 1 letter and it will freeze and close the search bar)

Hello guys and search for a solution for this problem and its was the simple of things.

I don´t know why it works but try it and tell if it works for you guys too.

• Press Win + R (to open Run )
    • copy paste and press enter to run this program. "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe". it brings back the language bar and for me it allowed me to type in windows search, start menu and WINDOWS 10 apps again
    I think it is due to missing Language bar or some think like that.

Best regards.

birkhauer, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

can't type in search bar, worked fine until windows update. Now can only type a letter or...

1. can't type in search bar, worked fine until windows update. Now can only type a letter or... - Similar Threads - can't type search

2. Can't type on Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type on Search Bar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/75tavares [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/179x1rc/cant_type_on_search_bar/
  3. Can't type in Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in Windows Search Bar: I just loaded a new Windows 10 update and now I can't type in the Windows Search Bar or Start button. What do I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-windows-search-bar/d2047aaa-0e2d-4a88-b446-29c55fdb7de1
  4. Can't type in search bar

Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  5. Can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  6. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in search bar: I am unable to type in the search bar of either File Explorer or desktop search. I had the problem with Windows 10 and hoped that upgrading to Windows 11 would fix it. That didn't help....
  8. Can't type in search bar

Can't type in search bar: I am unable to type in the search bar of either File Explorer or desktop search. I had the problem with Windows 10 and hoped that upgrading to Windows 11 would fix it. That didn't help....
  9. type to search not working can not type in type to search

in Cortana
    type to search not working can not type in type to search: It randomly happened that i couldn't type in type to search bar and i tried doing sfc /scannow and it said some fiels are corruptedand said it repaired them but it didn't....
  10. Can't type into search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't type into search bar: Attempting to search and can't type into the search bar. Such as I hit the keys WIN +X and select search from the menu.. I attempt to type in my search criteria and the keyboard does not function. I tried to use the tablet mode keyboard and nothing happens... This is a...