Windows 10: Can't type in Search or Explorer & My Sound has stopped working since updating to 1909

Discus and support Can't type in Search or Explorer & My Sound has stopped working since updating to 1909 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 1909 Repeatedly tried and failed. I used the Windows Update Assistant to force it through. When it finished I had no sound. Rolled back but still no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gary Dymock, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Can't type in Search or Explorer & My Sound has stopped working since updating to 1909

1909 Repeatedly tried and failed.

I used the Windows Update Assistant to force it through.

When it finished I had no sound.

Rolled back but still no sound and I still can't type in the search bar.

All of the search results I've found make no difference even when they refer to Windows 10

Currently running OS Build18363.11639

:)

Gary Dymock, Feb 27, 2021
  2. jbates7 Win User

File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

As suggested earlier, when Windows 10 search in explorer 1909 does not work (i.e. nothing can be typed into the search box), restart Windows Explorer in the task manager.

Windows 10 updates - usually I wait a week or so before updating so that bugs can be fixed. Obviously this did't work in whichever update that trashed Wiindows Explorer.

jbates7, Feb 27, 2021
  3. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr.
    I have tried to run the search and index troubleshooter but it says everything is working as intended. I have restarted the windows search service, and I have reset the windows search but this issue happens every day. Any suggestions?

Mary Fraley, Feb 27, 2021
  4. RickyGeu Win User

Can't type in Search or Explorer & My Sound has stopped working since updating to 1909

1909 Update file explorer search issue.

RickyGeu, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Can't type in Search or Explorer & My Sound has stopped working since updating to 1909

1. Can't type in Search or Explorer & My Sound has stopped working since updating to 1909 - Similar Threads - Can't type Search

2. My search bar has stopped working.

in Cortana
    My search bar has stopped working.: It's been 10 days since I did an update. My last quality update was: September 14, 2021—KB5005565 OS Builds 19041.1237, 19042.1237, and 19043.1237Two days ago, I noticed my system was running 100% HDDSo I came on here and followed the directions below in quotations it did...
  3. Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working.

in Cortana
    Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working.: Hello, Microsoft forums! This problem started a few weeks ago where my Search in my taskbar stopped working, where when you click on it nothing happens. I later discovered that the folder search in File Explorer has also stopped working in the same vein as the taskbar one....
  4. Can't type in search bar since Windows 10 update

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar since Windows 10 update: If I try to type in the search bar in the bottom left, it just slightly greys out and I can't type anything. My keyboard is working fine obviously otherwise I couldn't type in here. I did get a message on my phone I think! about Cortana not working or something but...
  5. Windows 10 1909 Can't type in search bar in Windows explorer

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 Can't type in search bar in Windows explorer: Ever since updating to 1909, I've had this bug where I can't search for files in windows explorer unless I either restart my pc or restart windows explorer.exe Is this a common bug?...
  6. File Explorer can't type Search box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer can't type Search box: I cannot enter data in the File Explorer Search Box. This problem is annoying and reoccurring. I have "fixed" it several times but it keeps coming back. I can see online that many people have the same problem. It started about a month ago. Windows 10 When will this be...
  7. Bizarre search bug since 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bizarre search bug since 1909 update: I realise 1909 has a few search issues but I've not seen anyone else have this exact bug so I'm not really expecting help (though it'd be really appreciated), but I'm more sharing this in case others DO have the issue and this will let them know they're not alone.. If I use...
  8. Search/Cortana has stopped working since installing Malwarebytes

in Cortana
    Search/Cortana has stopped working since installing Malwarebytes: Search/Cortana has stopped working since installing Malwarebytes. I have tried most of the solutions I've found in searching the Web and restarting Windows Explorer works for about 2 minutes, and then it just returns to not accepting typing in the search bar. Is there any...
  9. My Sound has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Sound has stopped working: The computer is not recognizing the speakers no warning signs in device manager troubleshooter unable to fix the issue Windows audio service is not working with no option to restart it I deleted my audio driver and rebooted the computer - nothing works Asus Model...
  10. Pressing Windows Key and then typing search has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Pressing Windows Key and then typing search has stopped working: I'm sure it's not my imagination. I use to be able to press the Windows Key, the Start Menu would pop up and then I could simply start typing the name of whatever program I wanted to launch. Since the last update (15063.608), that doesn't work. It appears that the "Type here...