Windows 10: Can't type in some of Windows Search boxes.

Discus and support Can't type in some of Windows Search boxes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've been having a problem where I can't type in certain search boxes.For example the one on the side of the Start menu or in the definitions menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TaticPT, May 26, 2021.

1. TaticPT Win User

Can't type in some of Windows Search boxes.

So I've been having a problem where I can't type in certain search boxes.For example the one on the side of the Start menu or in the definitions menu and many others images for the examples.I did the "Index and search" troubleshoot and it told me that it was not working, then it told me it fixed it but it didn't.https://gyazo.com/ba86cb384506aad61de668ef40d391fdhttps://gyazo.com/cfa8226a63a2a8f816242163cbc16a1aAny idea of what to do?

:)

TaticPT, May 26, 2021

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 26, 2021
  3. Cortana search box - type request

Since I got a Win 10 update a few days ago, Cortana has been hard to deal with :>). She will take requests verbally but if it try to type something into her search box, as soon as I enter a letter, a white box appears as though some suggestions will be
    listed (as it did before the update) and then all of a sudden it disappears and I am back to the original Cortana window. Any ideas? I did set up other admin user and Cortana will allow that user to type into the box and she will immediately start a list
    of suggestions. Also I tried "method 1 and 2 that required changes to the registry.

Richardsymms, May 26, 2021
  4. Can't type in some of Windows Search boxes.

Can't type in Cortana search box

Hi Brendon,

Is you keyboard working normally on other apps such as Notepad? If not, run the built in troubleshooter for your keyboard. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search box and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and run the Keyboard troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    In the mean time, we suggest that you refer to the link below for actions that you can perform to troubleshoot issues with the Start menu or Cortana:

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, May 26, 2021
Thema:

Can't type in some of Windows Search boxes.

1. Can't type in some of Windows Search boxes. - Similar Threads - Can't type Search

2. Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box: This morning I rebooted my PC because I couldn't get it out of sleep mode the monitor remained black. Everything seemed to come up normally. I noticed a process called Antimalware Service Executable, which I had never seen running before, hogging resources for an extended...
  3. Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box: This morning I rebooted my PC because I couldn't get it out of sleep mode the monitor remained black. Everything seemed to come up normally. I noticed a process called Antimalware Service Executable, which I had never seen running before, hogging resources for an extended...
  4. Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box

in Cortana
  5. I can't type in windows 10 start "type here to search" box also in file explorer search box

in Cortana
    I can't type in windows 10 start "type here to search" box also in file explorer search box: I can't type in windows 10 start "type here to search" box also in file explorer search box after updating my windows. Can anyone help me out?...
  6. Can't type in windows settings and search box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type in windows settings and search box: So I've noticed that I couldn't type anything in the windows search box and windows settings at all. I also can't seem to switch typing language, as the button for it is no longer there. I've tried restore health and Scannow. It found and fix corrupt files but didn't solve...
  7. Can't type in windows 10 search Box

in Cortana
    Can't type in windows 10 search Box: After the update of windows 10 I can't type in the search box. I tried a lot of method to fix this problem,but they doesn't work. Please tell me some solution to fix this problem....
  8. Can't Type into Windows File Explorer Search Box

in Cortana
    Can't Type into Windows File Explorer Search Box: Hello, I have a Dell OptiPlex 3060 - Windows 10 Pro machine that is only about a year old and I am having issues where I cannot type into the search bar to look for any files. I simply cannot click into it. I've tried to do some research and have attempted the following but...
  9. Why can't I search in the "Type here to search" box?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I search in the "Type here to search" box?: Hello My computer have Windows 10, and recently I found out that, I can type in the "Type here to search" box, but there nothing coming up... its really annoying. I don't know what to do? Hope you guys can help me ;...
  10. File Explorer can't type Search box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer can't type Search box: I cannot enter data in the File Explorer Search Box. This problem is annoying and reoccurring. I have "fixed" it several times but it keeps coming back. I can see online that many people have the same problem. It started about a month ago. Windows 10 When will this be...