Windows 10: Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

Discus and support Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Goat Ink., May 2, 2023.

1. Goat Ink. Win User

Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using the Virtual Agent and the Troubleshooter, with no success. I have no idea what caused this, it started randomly yesterday, and I didn't install anything on my PC.

:)

Goat Ink., May 2, 2023
Thema:

Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

1. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it - Similar Threads - Can't type Start

2. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it: The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using the Virtual Agent and the Troubleshooter, with no success. I have no idea what caused this, it started randomly yesterday, and...
  3. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Cortana
    Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it: The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using the Virtual Agent and the Troubleshooter, with no success. I have no idea what caused this, it started randomly yesterday, and...
  4. Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It: I tried to utilize a 16 June Restore Point a few days ago because of a printer issue. Restore could not complete.Since then, the Search next to the Start button has been unable to accept typing - in other words, it cannot be used. This in turn has prevented me from returning...
  5. Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It: I tried to utilize a 16 June Restore Point a few days ago because of a printer issue. Restore could not complete.Since then, the Search next to the Start button has been unable to accept typing - in other words, it cannot be used. This in turn has prevented me from returning...
  6. Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. start menu and search box is not responding on clicking

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and search box is not responding on clicking: Need help start menu,search box and notification not working inshort tried windows settings and services is not opening and its just freeze. I have tried all available solution from youtube but its ain't working...
  8. Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu: I am unable to use the search bar next to the Start menu in Windows 10 because it will not accept characters when I try to type. It was working a few days ago. I have tried every fix I could find, and spent hours trying to fix it with no results....
  9. Can't search in the search box or taskbar in Windows 10, nor start menu and action bar is...

in Cortana
    Can't search in the search box or taskbar in Windows 10, nor start menu and action bar is...: I created a new local admin account on my computer. On this account I cannot use the search bar or use keys to search the start menu for programs etc. Also, clicking on the actions icon on the right hand side does not open the actions menu. I tried quite a lot of stuff....
  10. Windows 10: Can't type in search box or in start menu.

in Cortana
    Windows 10: Can't type in search box or in start menu.: Hello, I've been using my new Windows 10 PC for less than a day and am unable to type into the Windows 10 search box/bar. Also, setting the search bar to display the search icon instead, and then clicking on the icon does not make a search bar appear nothing happens. Showing...