Windows 10: Can't type in start menu search bar?

Discus and support Can't type in start menu search bar? in Cortana to solve the problem; Today i started facing this issue after i set my system's locale to japan so i could run some software.The language options on the bottom right of the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by #sector, May 16, 2021.

1. #sector Win User

Can't type in start menu search bar?

Today i started facing this issue after i set my system's locale to japan so i could run some software.The language options on the bottom right of the bar disappeared and suddenly I wasn't able to type anything in the search box of the start menu. or the settings. I tried restarting my pc and explorer.exe , and almost everything else i found to no avail.I'm honestly kind of scared to try anything else in case i break my system, and i really don't want to factory reset again. Any help is appreciated. I will provide more information if needed.

:)

#sector, May 16, 2021

2. Cannot type in Start Menu, Search Bar & WiFi Password

Hi

I cannot type in Windows Start Menu, Search Bar and even cannot type the WiFi Password. I tried the steps in the below link and it didn't work.

Can't type in Windows 10 search bar

Please help.

Thanks !!

Venkatesh Dhanaraj, May 16, 2021
  3. Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

Fix problems with the Start menu

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 16, 2021
  4. Can't type in start menu search bar?

quick search does not contains link inside start menu

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the below Suggestions:

1. The Search bar in Widows 10 is more fast and easy. You can search your program by typing it in Search bar.

2. You can use the exact interface of Start menu of Windows 8 in Windows 10. Follow the steps below.

• Click Start menu and select "Settings".
    • Click on "Personalization" and select "Start".
    • Turn "Use Start full screen"
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 16, 2021
Thema:

Can't type in start menu search bar?

1. Can't type in start menu search bar? - Similar Threads - Can't type start

2. Can't type into Windows menu search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type into Windows menu search bar: Clicking in the search bar does not register with the cursor symbol, and typing "P" for example does not insert P but selects Powerpoint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-into-windows-menu-search-bar/5fe31a4d-409b-4abe-bcc0-27bdbe5d3a9e
  3. Can't type into Windows menu search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type into Windows menu search bar: Clicking in the search bar does not register with the cursor symbol, and typing "P" for example does not insert P but selects Powerpoint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-into-windows-menu-search-bar/5fe31a4d-409b-4abe-bcc0-27bdbe5d3a9e
  4. Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping

in Cortana
    Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping: For some reason my search bar is no longer functioning. It's making it hard to find documents and apps. I tried all the tips given either from answer.microsoft or random website but it's still not working. I'm not sure if their problem is even the same as mine. This problem...
  5. Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping: For some reason my search bar is no longer functioning. It's making it hard to find documents and apps. I tried all the tips given either from answer.microsoft or random website but it's still not working. I'm not sure if their problem is even the same as mine. This problem...
  6. Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  8. Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu: I am unable to use the search bar next to the Start menu in Windows 10 because it will not accept characters when I try to type. It was working a few days ago. I have tried every fix I could find, and spent hours trying to fix it with no results....
  9. I can't type into Windows 10 search bar or type within start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't type into Windows 10 search bar or type within start menu: So randomly, I can no longer type into the windows 10 search and when I bring up the start menu I cannot type in it to search for apps. I've search and tried a few things but still no luck. I attempted to do a system restore to a previous point in safe mode, but I run into an...
  10. problem with my start/search bar on Windows. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with my start/search bar on Windows. Can't type in search bar: Hello, I am on Windows 10. I got on my computer this morning and noticed I had an issue with my window search bar. Whenever I click in the bottom left search, I got a popup that says Undo and Paste. It's almost as if I was right clicking. If I click the start button I also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant type in start menu

2. click on start button but cant tye