Windows 10: Cant type in start menu

Discus and support Cant type in start menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, whenever I start my computer, I can't search anything on the start menu, but when I do C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe on the run thing, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ensxix101, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Cant type in start menu

Hello, whenever I start my computer, I can't search anything on the start menu, but when I do C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe on the run thing, it works. Aside from that, I'm seeing problems on my windows such as a lot of apps will just immediately close when I try to open it, why is this.

submitted by /u/Ensxix101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ensxix101, Feb 11, 2020

2. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Cant type in start menu

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Cant type in start menu

1. Cant type in start menu - Similar Threads - Cant type start

2. Cant access Start menu or taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant access Start menu or taskbar: Hello I recently got my PC up and running again and my windows 10 is being weird as shit. I cannot access the start menu, or windows settings or anything beyond file explorer. I also cannot search for files in file explorer. I would like to just update to windows 11 to see if...
  3. I cant type in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant type in start menu: I have strange issue where I cant type on the start menu. I can type in the search icon beside the start menu but when I open the start menu itself and start typing nothing happens. How is this possible?...
  4. I cant type in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant type in start menu: I have strange issue where I cant type on the start menu. I can type in the search icon beside the start menu but when I open the start menu itself and start typing nothing happens. How is this possible?...
  5. I cant type in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Still cant edit Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still cant edit Start Menu: I still don't have a choice to edit the Start Menu.Still stuck with a stupid alphabetically list with the folder not on top.I have tried leaving feedback, but issue is still occuring....
  7. Cant click on taskbar/start menu

Cant click on taskbar/start menu: I cannot click on my taskbar, no right click either. I can click on my desktop icons and open them, but then i cant click on anything in the folders. Sometimes it swaps, like i can click on taskbar but not desktop. My mouse also sometimes randomly does a middlemouse button...
  8. Cannot Type in Windows Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Type in Windows Start Menu: I have tried nearly all fixes I have found online, including reinstalling Cortana, running ctfmon.exe, SFC scannow, and DISM, but none of it has worked. I have also tried creating a new user account to see if it was an issue with my account specifically, but the new account...
  9. Cannot Type in Windows Start Menu

Cannot Type in Windows Start Menu: I have tried nearly all fixes I have found online, including reinstalling Cortana, running ctfmon.exe, SFC scannow, and DISM, but none of it has worked. I have also tried creating a new user account to see if it was an issue with my account specifically, but the new account...
  10. Can't type in start menu?

Can't type in start menu?: After Windows automatically restart to install their amazing new update, I can no longer type in the start menu. I have tried nearly all fixes I have found online, including reinstalling Cortana and running ctfmon.exe, but none of it has worked. This issue only started when...