Windows 10: Can't type in windows search/cortana ONLY??

Discus and support Can't type in windows search/cortana ONLY?? in Cortana to solve the problem; Been dealing with this issue for a while and usually run "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" and that normally fixes it. But it ALWAYS comes back whenever... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Dream Endlessly, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Can't type in windows search/cortana ONLY??

Been dealing with this issue for a while and usually run "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" and that normally fixes it. But it ALWAYS comes back whenever my PC restarts, or even just when I log out and back in. I can type in programs and even the file explorer search bar. But I can't search for my programs in the windows search field.I have tried many other fixes I have read online but decided it's time to come here and get help. I'm tired of having to deal with this every time I get on my computer.I don't download much except for games on steam/blizzard etc. So I'm not sure what changed when th

:)

Dream Endlessly, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Can't type in windows search/cortana ONLY?? [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Can't type in Cortana search box

Hi Brendon,

Is you keyboard working normally on other apps such as Notepad? If not, run the built in troubleshooter for your keyboard. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search box and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and run the Keyboard troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    In the mean time, we suggest that you refer to the link below for actions that you can perform to troubleshoot issues with the Start menu or Cortana:

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Can't type in windows search/cortana ONLY??

Cortana search box - type request

Since I got a Win 10 update a few days ago, Cortana has been hard to deal with :>). She will take requests verbally but if it try to type something into her search box, as soon as I enter a letter, a white box appears as though some suggestions will be
    listed (as it did before the update) and then all of a sudden it disappears and I am back to the original Cortana window. Any ideas? I did set up other admin user and Cortana will allow that user to type into the box and she will immediately start a list
    of suggestions. Also I tried "method 1 and 2 that required changes to the registry.

Richardsymms, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Can't type in windows search/cortana ONLY??

1. Can't type in windows search/cortana ONLY?? - Similar Threads - Can't type search

2. Cannot type anything in the Cortana Search window or the File Explorer search window.

in Cortana
    Cannot type anything in the Cortana Search window or the File Explorer search window.: I cannot type anything in the Taskbar Search window or the File Explorer search window. I did a google search and apparently it is a long running problem in Windows 10 going back years. I tried all the solutions I found, including solutions in Microsoft Support, short of...
  3. Can't type in windows search

in Cortana
    Can't type in windows search: So yesterday I saw that my windows search is not working I'm tried to fix it I'm watched a lot of videos in YouTube but it didn't helped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-windows-search/9db6a80c-4635-4bea-a1f1-8be6e87a094f
  4. Can't type in windows search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in windows search: So yesterday I saw that my windows search is not working I'm tried to fix it I'm watched a lot of videos in YouTube but it didn't helped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-windows-search/9db6a80c-4635-4bea-a1f1-8be6e87a094f
  5. Can't type in windows search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cortana working only via voice. How can I search by typing into the search bar?

in Cortana
    Cortana working only via voice. How can I search by typing into the search bar?: I want Cortana to work in my search bar by typing not via voice. Its not working in the search bar * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: COrtana...
  7. typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars

in Cortana
    typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars: why cant i type in the cortana search bar among others, im not aware of any changes i have made? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-in-the-cortana-search-bar-among-other/201dc3c2-ebe4-4271-8e8e-ccfbb42ad194"
  8. not able to type in Cortana search bar

in Cortana
    not able to type in Cortana search bar: I am unable to enter any text into the Cortana Search bar. When I see if its having a problem in the task manager it's not even appearing which makes me think its not loading on start. I am able to track down the windows search function and have tried to rest that but it is...
  9. Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work

in Cortana
    Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work: Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work. Tried quite a number of "fixes" online; none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-search-box-cortana-does-not-work/640dcbf5-0982-440b-ad5d-a31b4295684e"
  10. Cortana freezes when typing in a search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana freezes when typing in a search: I'm having a fun problem on my shiny new Win 10 machine. Cortana freezes when I start to type in the search box. Is there 1) a way to actually fix this? I've looked all over web and I don't see anything definitive or 2) is there a way to replace Cortana? I'm not...