Windows 10: Can’t type into anything Windows related

Discus and support Can’t type into anything Windows related in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So like 7 months ago I couldn’t type into Windows search bar so I looked up a tutorial and it said to run ctfmon in system 32 I did that and it fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AntimatterPvP, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Can’t type into anything Windows related

So like 7 months ago I couldn’t type into Windows search bar so I looked up a tutorial and it said to run ctfmon in system 32 I did that and it fixed it but every time I turned off my pc I had to do it again and eventually I did it and it didn’t fix it and then I wasn’t able to type into Microsoft edge and then the settings app on the pc and the. The tech support app and now I can’t even type my password into my own WiFi so I can’t connect to the WiFi on my pc. But I can type in everything else.. like google, discord. For an example and I’m suddenly having problems with the WiFi because I had a router issue and the password for my WiFi got factory reset so I have t manually type in the password for it now and I can’t log into it.

submitted by /u/AntimatterPvP
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AntimatterPvP, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

After typing the first letter/number, the cursor stops flashing and nothing else will type in.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the keyboard, let me assist you.

To assist you better, write back to us with the following information.

• Does the issue persists only in email and while entering the password or with other applications too?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of your system?

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard and check if the issue persists

Follow the steps below to open the on screen keyboard.

• Type on screen keyboard in the search bar and select
      On screen keyboard
      from the search items.

If you are able to type properly using the on screen keyboard then, it might be issue related to the keyboard hardware.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press
      Enter key.

• In the Troubleshooting window, click on
      View all option on the left pane.

• Click on Hardware and Devices.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, using on screen keyboard as well, then it might be an issue related to a third-party application or might be virus issue.

I suggest you to perform a full system scan using Windows Defender and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link to perform full system scan using Windows defender:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-defender-offline-faq

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 30, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Can’t type into anything Windows related

Issues related to Taskbar in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: What is the exact issue that your facing in Windows 10? Kindly elaborate.

I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it fixes your issue:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the
    Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Step 3: System File Checker (SFC) Scan

• Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • Exit Command Prompt.
    For more information about SFC Scan click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Can’t type into anything Windows related

1. Can’t type into anything Windows related - Similar Threads - Can’t type anything

2. I can’t sign into anything xbox related on my windows 10 pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can’t sign into anything xbox related on my windows 10 pc: The sign in button does absolutely nothing, whether it’d be on microsoft store, xbox app, or xbox console companion. The sign in button just doesn’t work....
  3. I can’t sign into anything xbox related on my windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t sign into anything xbox related on my windows 10 pc: The sign in button does absolutely nothing, whether it’d be on microsoft store, xbox app, or xbox console companion. The sign in button just doesn’t work....
  4. I can’t sign into anything xbox related on my windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t open anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t open anything.: When I start my computer and get to the desktop menu, I can’t open any apps, I can’t open the search bar in Windows and I can’t do any commands. When I try to do anything my computer completely freezes / lags. Could this be because of broken hardware or some kind of virus?...
  6. Can’t Download Anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t Download Anything: My laptop installed a windows update tonight and afterwards I cannot download a single file. Every time I go to download something it says “Failed virus scan”. I looked up every solution, tried them all, and it still doesn’t work. Eventually decided to try and deleting my...
  7. Cannot type anything in Search Bar/Microsoft-related windows

in Cortana
    Cannot type anything in Search Bar/Microsoft-related windows: For some odd reason I cannot type anything in my PC's search bar and when Im asked to type in my login credentials by Microsoft Word, I cannot type in my password. This problem has been persisting for some time. Can someone help me?...
  8. Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows

Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/finsterer1020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jihipv/cant_type_on_search_bartype_anything_in_windows/
  9. Can’t type in Windows

in Cortana
    Can’t type in Windows: After a recent update I have not been able to type in the windows searchbar and I could not click certain things, I have also seen a strange behaviour in certain applictaions, Adobe Priemiere Pro for example. I tired restarting my PC and everything and in the end I decided to...
  10. Anything related to google

Anything related to google: Hi, I resetted my windows 10 a couple of days ago and now I'm having trouble to access anything related to google. I can access google itself (google.com), but can't open the chrome page to download it, recaptcha prompts are not visible and using google as my browser search...