Windows 10: Cant type Korean or Japanese

Discus and support Cant type Korean or Japanese in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, im using window 10.I've installed language pack in Korean, Japanese but i couldnt type. In my language list shows Korean , Japanese but it didnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NguyênThảo, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Cant type Korean or Japanese

Hello, im using window 10.I've installed language pack in Korean, Japanese but i couldnt type. In my language list shows Korean , Japanese but it didnt appear symbol like below picture i put color and when i chose Korean to type but it also didnt appear mode /A. Help me if u can . Thank u so muchThis picture is not my laptop . I just used it to describe and in the fact that i didnt have that symbol i put color.

:)

NguyênThảo, Jun 20, 2021
  2. B_ingSoo Win User

Cannot type Korean

Thanks for reply but I still cannot type Korean even if I followed all the step you listed.

I can see the change of language at task bar when I click ALT.

But only I can type is alphabet even "Han (in Korean)" is shown at task bar.

B_ingSoo, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Difficulty with Korean and Japanese IME inputs

Apologies if this is under the wrong topic. Further apologies for the lengthiness of this question, this was the only way I could explain the entire issue. Let me know if further clarification is required.

I have recently purchased a Korean keyboard with Hangul written on each key, as well as a "한/영" (han/yeong) key. From what I can tell, the 한/영 key works
    almost the same as the Right Alt key, in that it changes the Korean input between Hangul and Latin.

However, I've been experiencing some issues with my Japanese input method, and I believe using the 한/영 key is causing these issues. Below I've outlined two scenarios to try and describe my experiences. The error is only with the Japanese inputs.

Scenario 1:

• I use the Korean input method, and swap between Hangul and Latin inputs by pressing
      Right Alt.
    • I press Left Alt + Shift to change from Korean to Japanese.
    • If I type "nihongo" with the Hiragana input, it results with にほんご ("nihongo" in Hiragana).
    • If I type "nihongo" with the Romaji input, it results with nihongo ("nihongo" in Romaji).
    This is what I expect/prefer, and I was also attaining these results with my old keyboard.

Scenario 2:

• I use the Korean input method, and swap between Hangul and Latin inputs by pressing the 한/영 key.
    • I press Left Alt + Shift to change from Korean to Japanese.
    • If I type "nihongo" with the Hiragana input, it results with みにくらみきら ("minikuramikira" in Hiragana)
    • If I type "nihongo" with the Romaji input, it results with ミニクラミキラ ("minikuramikira" in halfwidth Katakana).
    This is not the result I want. I believe this result ("nihongo" -> "minikuramikira") is from a "Kana" keyboard layout, but as far as I can tell, my settings have not been changed from the Romaji keyboard layout.

After a reboot, I experience the results from Scenario 1, as long as I only use the Right Alt key to swap between Hangul/Latin.

However, once I use the 한/영 key, it somehow affects the Japanese input methods and I'm stuck with the results from Scenario 2 until I reboot my computer.

Besides avoiding using the 한/영 key, is there any way to resolve this issue? Otherwise, any other insight on what could be happening would also be appreciated.

Cordelia S., Jun 20, 2021
  4. Cant type Korean or Japanese

Difficulty with Korean and Japanese IME inputs

I'm afraid I don't understand, is there a different topic I should have posted this under? I'm afraid I can't understand Korean or Japanese well enough to ask in the Korean or Japanese language forums.

Cordelia S., Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Cant type Korean or Japanese

1. Cant type Korean or Japanese - Similar Threads - Cant type Korean

2. can't type in korean in edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't type in korean in edge: I changed the language to korean and installed all the features including speech. I also switched the touch keyboard to Korean Microsoft Old Hangul but I can't get my computer to type in Korean in Edge. The websites are in Korean, but when I try to type it comes out in...
  3. Asian Japanese, Korean, Chinese metadata with CDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asian Japanese, Korean, Chinese metadata with CDs: I sometimes get CDs that have metadata in Asian Japanese, Korean, Chinese characters. How can I correct this without keying in every sone title? And even if I do enter the song titles manually, they will get replaced if I rip the CD. I am using Windows Media Player Version...
  4. Asian Japanese, Korean, Chinese metadata with CDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asian Japanese, Korean, Chinese metadata with CDs: I sometimes get CDs that have metadata in Asian Japanese, Korean, Chinese characters. How can I correct this without keying in every sone title? And even if I do enter the song titles manually, they will get replaced if I rip the CD. I am using Windows Media Player Version...
  5. Trouble with advanced typing in Korean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with advanced typing in Korean: I’m trying to type obsolete hangul characters, as detailed on Wikipedia, on Windows 10.I tried to customize a keyboard layout for myself thinking I might fix the **** that is the standard layout along the way using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator version 1.4, but to no...
  6. Cant type Korean, Japanese or Chinese on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant type Korean, Japanese or Chinese on windows 10: i could download Vietnamese, English, French keyboard and they appeared symbol like i put red color but with Korean, Japanese, Chinese they couldnt appear symbol like VIE, EN, FRA? cuz of that, i coundnt type those languages which have no symbol...
  7. Korean typing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Korean typing: Hi,I can type Korean in Word and PPT with Korean IME, but that does not work on web, including emails; the IME typing does not work. Could somebody help me on this please?Green...
  8. Korean & Japanese IME

Korean & Japanese IME: why do i need Korean & Japanese IME ? I dont speak either one.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/korean-japanese-ime/127122fd-5d4f-4661-bf79-509407fdbd0b
  9. typing in Japanese

typing in Japanese: I am new to windows 10. Used to have windows 7 and would type in Japanese with ease. Now I don't understand anything on typing in Japanese. I have the icon but very confusing for older people to understand. Is there a different way to download Japanese and type....
  10. Cannot type Korean

Cannot type Korean: I installed Korean language pack for Window 10 but cannot type Korean. Window successfully displays Korean. And on task bar, I can see that my current language is Korean. But when I type, it still typing English....