Windows 10: Can't type letters only numbers, can't access pc

Discus and support Can't type letters only numbers, can't access pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, as you read i am having an issue that I cannot find the answer to. Shut down computer one night, turned on in am and I can't type in letters,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StubblyRumble, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Can't type letters only numbers, can't access pc

Hello, as you read i am having an issue that I cannot find the answer to. Shut down computer one night, turned on in am and I can't type in letters, only numbers. Come to find out it is very likely to be a keyboard drivers issue. Which is fixable but.... I cannot gain access to my pc to fix said drivers. I am trapped at the log in screen. Now what I have done is: reset the keyboard, plugged in a new keyboard, tried gaining access through safe mode, and even some tricks i read online as to bypass the password and I am getting nowhere.

Every answer I come across sais use an external keyboard but I think that is for laptops because it did the same thing with a brand new keyboard that I just went and bought to try this with.

I am new to the PC world and am trying to retain as much information as possible but i am stumped, I have been at this for a few days and cannot figure this out. I am in the middle of filming a game series, and doing some editing so you can imagine the frustration. Lol. If anyone has any ideas as to how I can get into my pc so i can update the drivers would be very appreciated.

:)

StubblyRumble, Oct 19, 2020

2. keyboard letters typing letters and numbers

For some crazy reason when typing I am getting numbers along with letters.

For example the letter T comes up t5 y6 ++and the delet5e key6 gives me a plus sign +++++

I t5ried Fn wit5h num lock and not5hing happens.

GlynnisShane, Oct 19, 2020
  3. soletsky Win User
    unlock sim t-mobile lumia 521

Thanks for your suggestion, but this is a prepaid phone --- no contract. As I said T-Mobile lists the number under an unknown carrier and suggested I contact Microsoft.

soletsky, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Paul238 Win User

Can't type letters only numbers, can't access pc

Display shows a T

Thanks for your reply. A reset has fixed the issue! It must have been some sort of display artefact.

Except for this annoying "T", I could use Contacts functionality normally, eg scrolling down all contacts, clicking any letter to go to contacts starting with that letter.

When I first went into the Contacts listing screen the display showed those contacts beginning with a number, as per normal functionality.

When I selected a contact to see their details the T went away, only to come back again when I returned to the Contacts listing screen.

But the reset has cleared it. Once again many thanks.

Paul

Paul238, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Can't type letters only numbers, can't access pc

1. Can't type letters only numbers, can't access pc - Similar Threads - Can't type letters

2. Can't type letters on login, can’t access PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't type letters on login, can’t access PC: Hi, I am having a rare issue that I cannot find solution anywhere online.On my startup screen, all of a sudden today I can’t type letters in the password bar, but number keys and Enter key are working. I tried on screen keyboard, it’s the same.However when I was messing...
  3. Can't type letters on login, can’t access PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type letters on login, can’t access PC: Hi, I am having a rare issue that I cannot find solution anywhere online.On my startup screen, all of a sudden today I can’t type letters in the password bar, but number keys and Enter key are working. I tried on screen keyboard, it’s the same.However when I was messing...
  4. Can't type letters on login, can’t access PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't type letters into login box to open pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type letters into login box to open pc: Yesterday I sat down to my pc, for the first time in a week, and found I had left it on when I wiggled the rollerball of the mouse. I restarted the pc and when I got to the login page I tried to input my 4-digit pin and found I couldn't enter the letters, only the numbers....
  6. Can't type letters into login box to open pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type letters into login box to open pc: Yesterday I sat down to my pc, for the first time in a week, and found I had left it on when I wiggled the rollerball of the mouse. I restarted the pc and when I got to the login page I tried to input my 4-digit pin and found I couldn't enter the letters, only the numbers....
  7. Can't type letters into login box to open pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. type letters - prints number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    type letters - prints number?: HiOn my wifes Laptop alongside some of the letters are numbers J1 K2 L3 M0 and so on when you try and type the letter it puts the number in.How can I put it back to normal please?Thank you Mr Soft...
  9. Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only: Hi, Dell XPS, Pro Windows. Installed resent windows update and after re-start received Bitlocer recovery screen asking to enter Bitlocker Recovery key. Can't type the letters of the bitlocker recovery key, only numbers. Any known solution? Thanks in advance. VB...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only: Hi, Dell XPS, Pro Windows. Installed resent windows update and after re-start received Bitlocer recovery screen asking to enter Bitlocker Recovery key. Can't type the letters of the bitlocker recovery key, only numbers. Any known solution? Thanks in advance. VB...