Windows 10: Can't type lower case E on laptop Keyboard.

Discus and support Can't type lower case E on laptop Keyboard. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The lowercase E doesn't work on my regular keyboard. I have to use an external one. I additionally, cannot use 3, capslock, or the numpad's enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TralanJr., Jun 20, 2021.

1. TralanJr. Win User

Can't type lower case E on laptop Keyboard.

The lowercase E doesn't work on my regular keyboard. I have to use an external one. I additionally, cannot use 3, capslock, or the numpad's enter without pressing shift or using an external keyboard. Some people with a similar issue noted that they had some gaming software using the blocked keys as hotkeys. Can I check for this somehow? Additionally, I have reinstalled my drivers several times and booted in safe mode. I'm at a loss now.

:)

TralanJr., Jun 20, 2021

2. Lower case s not working on my keyboard

Hi

very strange thing happened a few days ago, the lower case s stopped working on my keyboard, I could get every other key, inc Uppercase S.

I tried the usual, uninstall drivers etc, ( found there were 2 keyboards listed ? Uninstalled both, but they both came back ) then took the KB apart and washed the plastic keys....put it together and the lower case s worked fine, sorted, or so I thought, then it stopped working again, assumed it was a hardware fault and bought a new MS keyboard, plugged it in and ALL the keys worked perfectly, until this evening, when the lower case s stopped working again...OMG*Mad I couldn’t believe it. found an article on the Internet that said I should turn OFF sticky keys, didn’t even know it was on ( maybe default ? ) anyway uninstalled both keyboards again, as per the procedure and now the lower case s key is working again, for now anyway.....any ideas what’s been happening ???

reddwarf4ever, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Lower case s not working on my keyboard

Yes but it’s done this before works for a week or so then stops again, which is even odder...I only installed the fancy MS App as it installed the correct driver, when the s key first stopped working amd it was fixed, but then stopped again....so not totally convinced, maybe should delete the app, delete the driver and install a basic one.....somehow......is that a plan ???

but if the problem remained with the on screen keyboard, doesn’t that mean it’s not driver related, more of a key being reassigned maybe ???

just stopped working again, uninstalled MS keyboard amd mouse app uninstalled keyboard drivers ( 2 KBs showing ) and will see

NOPE still no lower case s......if I put CAPS lock on amd use shift inget a lower case s....but doesn’t ebbed work with the on screen keyboard......any ideas p l e a s e ???

- - - Updated - - -

Problem solved......I use an app for elgato game capture and it had s as a hot key to start recording, this is why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t....If I have run the app, it disappears...I fix it then use the app again....have changed the hot key to Pause, which I never use......took a while but got there, albeit accidentally thanks for all the help

4. Can't type lower case E on laptop Keyboard.

Lower case s not working on my keyboard

Bought a new keyboard, assuming mine was faulty and amazingly, the lower case s didn’t work on the new keyboard. I have downloaded MS keyboard ‘pack’ and installed the actual keyboard driver.....since doing this and turning off sticky keys it has been working fine.....

any ideas please ???

Thema:

Can't type lower case E on laptop Keyboard.

1. Can't type lower case E on laptop Keyboard. - Similar Threads - Can't type lower

2. Can't type w key upper case and @

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type w key upper case and @: Hello. I can type w key upper case and @ when pressing 2 key. when I hold shift key I can type with these keys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-w-key-upper-case-and/415c79b5-7790-4c41-b05c-5de8ef868716
  3. Can't type w key upper case and @

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type w key upper case and @: Hello. I can type w key upper case and @ when pressing 2 key. when I hold shift key I can type with these keys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-w-key-upper-case-and/415c79b5-7790-4c41-b05c-5de8ef868716
  4. Upper or lower case in spellings of Registries

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upper or lower case in spellings of Registries: What is the correct spelling of this registry - "TCPackFrequency" or "TcpAckFrequency". I believed that the second one is correct, but there is another registry called "TCPNoDelay"; so it confuses me about the correct spelling of the 'tcpackdelay'....
  5. lower Case C not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lower Case C not working: i JUST received this PC today and spent a lot of time uploading my games and other software to it. i uninstalled the trial anti-virus and MS 360 as i dont use them. i installed the antivirus i do use. After finishing uploading and installing a lot of what i usually have on my...
  6. Lower case s not working on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lower case s not working on my keyboard: Hi very strange thing happened a few days ago, the lower case s stopped working on my keyboard, I could get every other key, inc Uppercase S. I tried the usual, uninstall drivers etc, ( found there were 2 keyboards listed ? Uninstalled both, but they both came back ) then...
  7. App to convert lower case to upper case

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App to convert lower case to upper case: Hello, I have the need to convert lower case folder names to upper case in Windows 10 File Explorer on a Surface Pro 3. I found a few on line. Does anyone have experience with a free one that you would recommend? Thanks!...
  8. My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ?

My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ?: Yesterday, some strange things happened to my keyboard that, whenever I tried to type either / or ? I was keep getting the e or E instead, and it's very annoying. I've tried to find some tutorials online on how to undo it back, but most of them are for the French "é" or "É"...
  9. How do I know if I am typing in upper or lower case before I start typing?

How do I know if I am typing in upper or lower case before I start typing?: How do I know if I am typing in upper or lower case before I start typing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-if-i-am-typing-in-upper-or-lower/b022ed9e-5d8d-4f2c-9e8e-65d7120879ca
  10. Upper/Lower case swaps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Upper/Lower case swaps: Ok...no help with my last problem with 65143