Windows 10: Can't type more than one word in the search box

Discus and support Can't type more than one word in the search box in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, Like the title said, after the lastest update I can't type more than one word in the search bar, Windows blocks there. And I can't undo the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PresqueSchierke, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Can't type more than one word in the search box

Hi all,

Like the title said, after the lastest update I can't type more than one word in the search bar, Windows blocks there. And I can't undo the word also. It's getting annoying for me.

Anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/PresqueSchierke
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PresqueSchierke, Mar 25, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Cortana search box - type request

Since I got a Win 10 update a few days ago, Cortana has been hard to deal with :>). She will take requests verbally but if it try to type something into her search box, as soon as I enter a letter, a white box appears as though some suggestions will be
    listed (as it did before the update) and then all of a sudden it disappears and I am back to the original Cortana window. Any ideas? I did set up other admin user and Cortana will allow that user to type into the box and she will immediately start a list
    of suggestions. Also I tried "method 1 and 2 that required changes to the registry.

Richardsymms, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Am360 Win User

Can't type more than one word in the search box

Suggestion on enhancement of typing Amharic words

To those who developed Amharic typing/keyboarding system. I have one comment/suggestion on it.

"Enter" or "Space" key is used frequently when Amharic words are typed. These keys help to select the right word from displayed options. To make Amharic typing fast and easy please enhance it to take the first choice when the user press any other key that
    is not listed as options. For example to type the word "ሚስጥር" here are the steps on the current Amharic typing system

1. pressing "m" and then "i" and then space/enter keys (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" and then space/enter keys (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." and then space/enter keys (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" and then space/enter keys (to type ር)

I suggest to have a possibility not to use space/enter keys to write the same word ("ሚስጥር"). That means when I press "m" and then "i", I have two available options "ሚ" and "ሜ". space/enter key is used to type "ሚ" and "e" is used to type "ሜ". If the user
    type any other keys (other than "e" or space/enter), it will not write anything on the screen because it is out of the available options. What I am suggesting here is that - when the user types any key which is not in the available options, let it take the
    first option.

if you apply the above suggestion here will be the steps to type the word "ሚስጥር"

1. pressing "m" and then "i" (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" (to type ር)

This will make typing Amharic words very easy and fast.

Am360, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't type more than one word in the search box

1. Can't type more than one word in the search box - Similar Threads - Can't type more

2. update more than 1 WORD dropdown box in one document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update more than 1 WORD dropdown box in one document: I have a monthly calendar that I maintain with employees listed in the content control dropdown list that is within each day/cell of the table 1 dropdown list per calendar day- all the same. As those employees come and go the list needs to be updated. I'm hoping there is a...
  3. update more than 1 WORD dropdown box in one document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update more than 1 WORD dropdown box in one document: I have a monthly calendar that I maintain with employees listed in the content control dropdown list that is within each day/cell of the table 1 dropdown list per calendar day- all the same. As those employees come and go the list needs to be updated. I'm hoping there is a...
  4. update more than 1 WORD dropdown box in one document

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't type in some of Windows Search boxes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't type in some of Windows Search boxes.: So I've been having a problem where I can't type in certain search boxes.For example the one on the side of the Start menu or in the definitions menu and many others images for the examples.I did the "Index and search" troubleshoot and it told me that it was not working, then...
  6. Can't type in windows settings and search box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type in windows settings and search box: So I've noticed that I couldn't type anything in the windows search box and windows settings at all. I also can't seem to switch typing language, as the button for it is no longer there. I've tried restore health and Scannow. It found and fix corrupt files but didn't solve...
  7. Can't type in windows 10 search Box

in Cortana
    Can't type in windows 10 search Box: After the update of windows 10 I can't type in the search box. I tried a lot of method to fix this problem,but they doesn't work. Please tell me some solution to fix this problem....
  8. Why can't I search in the "Type here to search" box?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I search in the "Type here to search" box?: Hello My computer have Windows 10, and recently I found out that, I can type in the "Type here to search" box, but there nothing coming up... its really annoying. I don't know what to do? Hope you guys can help me ;...
  9. File Explorer can't type Search box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer can't type Search box: I cannot enter data in the File Explorer Search Box. This problem is annoying and reoccurring. I have "fixed" it several times but it keeps coming back. I can see online that many people have the same problem. It started about a month ago. Windows 10 When will this be...
  10. Searching more than one word in content does not display search results

in Cortana
    Searching more than one word in content does not display search results: Hi all, When searching for file names, results are displayed immediately. Performing a content search with one word only also works as expected. If I type two or more words which are containing in my files there are no results. My files are indexed and for both .doc and...