Windows 10: Can't type my password when laptop is opening

Discus and support Can't type my password when laptop is opening in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, When i open my laptop and i have to type my Microsoft account password i cant type anything. I click in the place where i should type the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by IacobanCristian, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Can't type my password when laptop is opening

Hello,

When i open my laptop and i have to type my Microsoft account password i cant type anything. I click in the place where i should type the password and i start type but it doesnt work, i also tried with the keyboards from screen but stilul doesnt work.

Can i get some help please?

:)

IacobanCristian, Mar 26, 2021

2. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

You can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Forgot password can't open laptop

• Cant open laptop forgot password i want to update email

DinaRatliff, Mar 26, 2021
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Can't type my password when laptop is opening

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

Thema:

Can't type my password when laptop is opening

1. Can't type my password when laptop is opening - Similar Threads - Can't type password

2. Can not type type password at UEFI log in page. Can not type when laptop boots.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not type type password at UEFI log in page. Can not type when laptop boots.: 1 My Dell laptop keyboard is blocked when it starts up Windows 10 which was upgraded from Windows 8. I sign in to my laptop using Ease of Access function by using on-screen keyboard to type password. It is annoying ; but what to do . 2 I went to the Advanced startup to access...
  3. Can't type my Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't type my Microsoft account password: In the login screen its written that my pin isn't available, asking me to set up a new pin when i click it, it needs my microsoft password and i know it but cant write it because of that ctfmon issue or not running. So now i can't even type my password and can't access to my...
  4. Can't type my Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type my Microsoft account password: In the login screen its written that my pin isn't available, asking me to set up a new pin when i click it, it needs my microsoft password and i know it but cant write it because of that ctfmon issue or not running. So now i can't even type my password and can't access to my...
  5. Can't type my Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't type my Microsoft account password

Can't type my Microsoft account password: Hi so I forgot my computer PIN, then I click "I forgot my pin" but I can't type my password in the field even with on screen keyboard. Can anyone solve this problem for me please...
  7. Can't type in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't type in password: I tried to login in and just m abc.... keys arn't doing anything they just don't work. I have tested 3 keyboards and still nothing. its when i try to type my passwords in BTW....
  8. Can't type in Windows 10 password. Nothing happens when I type in password. it doesn't...

Can't type in Windows 10 password. Nothing happens when I type in password. it doesn't...: After re-boot: Can't type in Windows 10 password. Nothing happens when I type in password. it doesn't recognize the key strokes. My solution to this problem, was to find out that a key on my keyboard was being inadvertently depressed by a small object. In my case, it...
  9. can't type my password on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't type my password on login screen: Good Morning, I have windows 10 home all in one pc. I have attached wireless keyboard and mouse with it. when I try to type my password it says not available. I have to press Fn and space bar many times after that I can type my password. done system restore to previous...
  10. Win10 on Laptop - Can't type my password/PIN in Log-in box

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 on Laptop - Can't type my password/PIN in Log-in box: A couple of times in the past week, when I started my Laptop (a Dell Latitude E6400) with Win 10 build 10166, the login screen/page comes up (shows my Picture, name and has a place to enter my PIN) but I can't select the box to enter the PIN. I can move/see the mouse...